Bangkok taxi driver escapes five-car accident with minor injuries

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How fast was the cock head going in the cement mixer truck???????????

I'm thinking "his brakes failed".

when brakes fail on wagons the brakes come on not off.

Well that depends on the braking system on the vehicle and very unlikely on this vehicle.

The concrete driver was back at work 5 minutes later driving in the same idiotic way but with a new amulet to add to his collections of "dumbass " trinklets swinging from his neck

He was rear ended by a cement mixer and shunted under a bus.How does that make his driving idiotic? I've taken many taxis in Bangkok, and found most of the drivers to be decent blokes doing a crap job that I couldn't do for a single day. Pleased for the driver.

How long have you had the comprehension problem?

Apologised once already when someone pointed this out. Last time I say sorry, I can only eat so much humble pie.

dont worry I never read all the thread anyway so missed that......now just one last time.....how sorry??

Yes, cement trucks, if you have one on your tail, be nervous.

And.. You should avoid putting yourself in that position. If you overtake a heavy vehicle traveling at 50kph the gap that you move into needs to be big enough for both of you to brake.

This deserves to be discussed in the driving forum because most people dont have any idea of the avoidable risks taken daily on the roads, wonderful taxi drivers notwithstanding.

Edited by tgeezer

all heavy vehicles should be fitted with low down crash bars/bumpers to stop this from happening but not here!

"..........should be fitted with low down crash bars/bumpers.........."

Perhaps you are referring to some kind of bumper/barrier at the front and rear of HGVs? Most HGV tractors are quite low to the ground at the front. They also have side barriers attached under the trailer/truck body to prevent vehicles going underneath.

This is common in Thailand and Europe (UK). Not so in Canada or the USA

post-9891-0-55425200-1447215099_thumb.jp

Thai semi with under deck safety barrier.

post-9891-0-52469200-1447215109_thumb.jp

North American semi without under deck safety barrier.

Figure that one out.

I watched this news story on TV and thought the Taxi occupants must have all been killed.

What a great surprise to see that the driver survived this wreck.

I am glad that this accident was not anymore serious than it was. I seen a car get

crushed by a cement truck near Lumpini park several years ago, and the poor woman in

the car was killed instantly. This is a much better news story.