Vientianne/Nong Khai advice please

You can take a bus to Nong Khai. Alternatively, hire a car and driver.

As for good, relatively inexpensive hotel in Nong Khai, I always stay at the Pantawee Hotel. 1049 Haisoke Road, Muang District.

042-411568 www.pantawee.com

You can take a tuk-tuk from the hotel to the bridge.

The Mut Mee, in Nong Khai has full instructions for visa runs as part of its package. It is within site of the friendship bridge

Julian's desperate, so it'll be cheap. Quite a lot of hippies/young people attracted to the Mut Mee and you're right next to the river and not too far from the bars. The Pikul is an alternative. Don and Jeem run a tight ship - big rooms - and they speak English. He has a tuk-tuk.

http://pikulapartment.com/

Travel from Udon - depends when you get in. The trains to Nong Khai probably aren't an option because 1) not frequent, and 2) you're a wee bit out of town when you get in. However, there are stacks of tuk tuks that meet every train. 11 baht 3rd class on the train, and it's a mellow journey.

Here is what to do. Fly into udon thani. Taxi to top mansion hotel. 200 baht. Stay top mansion 450 baht. Nice place. Have few beers at the bars. Next day minibus from centra plaza. Around corner. Get the 8am . Cost 50 baht to friendship. Afer pass loas imm bus across bridge 15 baht. Next is up to you. Tuk tuk are crap. Get taxi if you can afford. Lodge app. Stay vientiane. Pick up next arvo. Simple

I have removed a couple of off topic posts.

The OP asked about getting from the airport to the bridge. There are vans that go from the airport to the bridge. If I recall correctly the cost is 200 baht. For the return trip ask them where to get one going back.