Samples of bank letters

patongphil

Can anyone please post samples of the letters required from my bank for retirement extension. Looking for samples I can print out and take to show my bank as am having problems explaining to them. Believe I require:

A current bank statement with official stamp.

A letter stating my monies have not dropped below 800,000 baht for previous 3 months.

Would be much appreciated.

You want samples so you can doctor your own? I find this request quite strange.

Jeez - I went to my bank and after about half an hour of trying to explain and getting nowhere I thought I would ask for assistance from TV and this is the sort of cr$p I get back.

Hopefully some kind soul will restore my faith in the basic goodness of humankind!

You want samples so you can doctor your own? I find this request quite strange.

Jeez - I went to my bank and after about half an hour of trying to explain and getting nowhere I thought I would ask for assistance from TV and this is the sort of cr$p I get back.

Hopefully some kind soul will restore my faith in the basic goodness of humankind!

I agree with you that that answer was useless and nonsense. Which bank is involved though, have you tried contacted the help desk from the bank?

patongphil.

Mine is something along these lines.

Date 11/11/2015 To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. Patongphil is a customer of our bank and has maintained the following account

Type of Account Account No. Opening Date Available Balance as of 11 / 11/ 2015

e.g. Fixed / Savings 44665676868 14/12/2001 5,000,000 baht.

Last Withdrawal on the 22nd March 2015

Yours Sincerely

Mr. Bank Manager

Signature and bank stamp.

Just as a follow on to that , I could not get a 3 month bank statement ( BKK Bank in the sticks ) they said I would have to go to their main branch on Silom ( miles and miles away )

Yesterday I went to Nakhon Pathom immi. to extend my stay ( retirement ) no bank statement , and from picking up a number , to walking out of the door all done and dusted....40 mins.

Thank you Nakhon Pathom Immi.

How dare you call me a liar ?

Well it just goes to show how wrong you are , ( is this the first time ) ? as I received my 1 year extension within 40 mins of walking in the immigration office.

My bank does it every year in English also. they just state my balance is over 800,00 and leave it at that. works every time with copies of every page of bank book.

How dare you call me a liar ?

Well it just goes to show how wrong you are , ( is this the first time ) ? as I received my 1 year extension within 40 mins of walking in the immigration office.

I never called you a liar. I just expressed my doubts.

I am pleased you got your extension. I know that in past years when I used the bank letter route, my K-bank provided the balance letter in Thai.

Edited by LivinginKata

I was having a discussion with a friend of mine about the rules and regs of Thailand. ( visas / driving licenses ) and we concluded that different rules are used depending in which part of the country you live in / if the immi officer had a good night last night / row with the mia noi / etc.

I wouldn't mind one set of rules adhered to by all , at least we would know what is required of us.

He was telling me , his immigration office will not accept a bank letter unless it is done the same day as his visit to their office, where as mine can be a day old.

• 3 weeks later...

My expierence over the last two Days at Phuket Town sucessfully obtaining a Retirement visa extention.....

original documents provided

Bank book,Passport,Stamped Bank Letter in Thai confirming 800 k in bank for 3 months,Stamped Bank statement 3 months of transactions NOTE: The officer made me go get this statement stamped bank not stamp first time, Made me go too bank messed up my whole day,

1 Pasport pic,sigined copies of all above 1900 thb payment

Picked up Passport today

This whole process could have been done in 1 hour but slow thumb twidling Immigration staff slow up this whole process

But all completed now

My expierence over the last two Days at Phuket Town sucessfully obtaining a Retirement visa extention.....

Bank book,Passport,Stamped Bank Letter in Thai confirming 800 k in bank for 3 months,Stamped Bank statement 3 months of transactions NOTE: The officer made me go get this statement stamped bank not stamp first time, Made me go too bank messed up my whole day,

Picked up Passport today

This whole process could have been done in 1 hour but slow thumb twidling Immigration staff slow up this whole process

But all completed now

Ha Haa I think I was sitting next to you on Tuesday when I did my application and also picked up passport yesterday.

That is that until next year when the Gods will no doubt demand different sacrifices from this year.

Thanks to those who sent me copies of their letters - made the process in my bank a whole lot easier. Have kept a copy of my own for next years efforts.

Picked up Passport today

But all completed now

Ha Haa I think I was sitting next to you on Tuesday when I did my application and also picked up passport yesterday.

That is that until next year when the Gods will no doubt demand different sacrifices from this year.

Thanks to those who sent me copies of their letters - made the process in my bank a whole lot easier. Have kept a copy of my own for next years efforts.

LOL Small world...But you will need too get all newly dated and stamped bank documents for next years renuwal see ya in Dec 2016 LOL

Picked up Passport today

But all completed now

Bank letter and statement are maximum 7 days valid but they prefer only 1 day old.