Christmas in Bangkok

Brigante7

Last year we had Christmas Day Buffet Lunch at Sheraton Riverside hotel.

Very good. A bit expensive. Maybe not worth it with young kids.

Then BTS to Siam Paragon shopping area.

A lot of large, inflatable Cartoon characters, etc.

Lots of families with young children - lot of fun for us too.

We walked a long length of the BTS -- it was covered inside with Christmas lights.

Just get out and explore.

Best holiday wishes.

I've never seen a "Santa Station" similar to those found in any mall in the U.S. here in Bangkok. If you really want your kids to see Santa your best bet is the Christmas eve dinner buffets at one of the better hotels in Bangkok. Prior years we've taken my daughter to see Santa at the Shangri-La, the Sukhothai, and Plaza Athenee. Not sure if they will have Santa there this year though, best to check with each individual hotel.

You'll find Santa and other X-mas events at all major shopping centers. Try Siam Paragon and Central World. Best time is at night with the giant Christmas tree at Central World already going up. Last years theme was Snoopy's Christmas at Central World. Don't know what the theme is this year but its always spectacular.

Oh I just Google'd it, seems the theme is "A Happy Fairytale"

Dr. Nattakit Tangpoonsinthana, Executive Vice President of Marketing of the CPN said, “We are joining hands with Hong Kong Disneyland, which celebrates its 10th anniversary in November, to bring a parade of popular Disney characters, such as, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and friends, Princess Elsa, Princess Rapunzel, the Toy Story characters, and more to bring happiness to shoppers who visit CPN’s 29 shopping centers nationwide.” - See more at: http://www.tatnews.org/central-pattana-tells-a-happy-fairytale-in-bangkok/#sthash.ylUiEtfo.dpuf http://www.tatnews.org/central-pattana-tells-a-happy-fairytale-in-bangkok/

Edited by RBOP

A safer bet would be to try one of the 5 star hotels. Many provide dinner/buffet and santa will make an appearance for the kids. You might want to look at The Atrium in The Landmark Hotel as you only pay 50% if a booking of four people is made. That would still set you back around 7000 baht however. Top notch food and entertainment though.

Santa is real. I have seen him many times. If you haven't it is because you don't believe.

Anyone who doesn't believe in fantasies doesn't understand we all make our own realities. If you can't prove it it is not true, is bunk and a recipe for a boring life. But a "safe" boring life. One of the great benefits of travel is experiencing other people's realities and remembering there is more than one way of being. Uh oh I think too esoteric and scary. If you travel somewhere and you make your new life the same as the old one, oh hum. Children are much more in tune with all our powers than the adults who have constrained themselves so they can be responsible and productive. IMHO

There were some Christmas singers in Terminal 21. Haven't seen Santa taking wishes here.

• 3 weeks later...