Non-O 365 days Extension of Stay expiring / won't be here in 4 weeks to collect

Hi,

to make a long story short, I am currently facing a situation I have never experienced before, my Non-O (thai wife) extension of stay (365 days) is about to expire on 13.11.2015.

Now I spontaneously have to go abroad from December 5th to December 15th 2015.

I was at the immigration in Chaeng Watthana yesterday because I have a new passport and had the current stamps moved prior to doing the extension just to be sure and am planning to go again on 12.11.2015 for the new extension.

I asked the officers what to do about the upcoming extension because I won't be in Thailand at the time go back to collect my final stamp, or ฟังผล as they call it.

(assuming I am doing the extension on 12.11. that would mean having to show up to the "hearing" at around 11.12.2015). I asked them if I can either get it before or after my trip in December and they said zero chance, it has to be that exact day only.

Furthermore, they said I have no other choice, either I cancel my trip and go back to them on that day or I lose my extension of stay completely.

I found that hard to believe and tried to talk to someone else more senior and someone then mentioned that there is a trick, I could first extend my current 365 days extension of stay by 60 days on 12.11.2015, get a re-entry permit, travel and come back in December, then 60 days after the 12.11.2015 go there again, this time do the full 365 days extension and be fine.

That sounds better but I have a few questions (they were shutting down and not very talkative yesterday)

1. What form do I need for this and what do I need to bring, the wife has to come too I assume? I pretty much got all the necessary stuff prepared for the standard 365 days extension but would be good to know what they need for this and which form to fill, hate to go there and fill forms on the spot

2. By doing this, will I lose my back to back non-O status (have been doing this without gaps for at least 5 years or so, although I have no idea if that makes any difference if it’s back to back or not)

3. In January, I will have to be abroad again, most likely from 3.1.2016-22.1.2016, so say I get the 60 days extension done successfully tomorrow, that means I need to be back there in Chaeng Watthana again to do the new 365 days extension on about January 9th 2016, is that correct? Well, I will not be here yet again so this could turn into the same problem again. Or could I also go there earlier and do it a few weeks before I leave, for example January 3rd or even late December?

Thanks in advance,

Basch

I'm sure you will get more detailed answers soon, but from my personal experience the following is true:

The sixty day extension is the best way forward. You need your wife, blue book and marriage certificate and photo + 1,900 baht. Get a re-entry permit. Once you return in January, you can extend another 60 days as you are allowed one per entry. Again get the re-entry permit. [5,800 baht]

Then you can do the one year extension towards the end of Feb onwards.

Using re-entry permits will keep your marriage extension cycle alive, meaning you do not have to start again (need to take witnesses etc.) and you will remain grandfathered in to the current monetary requirements. Other than that there is little benefit to keeping your extension cycle going if you do not work in Thailand.

Cheaper by far to get a single entry non-o and start again...

I'm sure you will get more detailed answers soon, but from my personal experience the following is true:

The sixty day extension is the best way forward. You need your wife, blue book and marriage certificate and photo + 1,900 baht. Get a re-entry permit. Once you return in January, you can extend another 60 days as you are allowed one per entry. Again get the re-entry permit. [5,800 baht]

Then you can do the one year extension towards the end of Feb onwards.

Using re-entry permits will keep your marriage extension cycle alive, meaning you do not have to start again (need to take witnesses etc.) and you will remain grandfathered in to the current monetary requirements. Other than that there is little benefit to keeping your extension cycle going if you do not work in Thailand.

Cheaper by far to get a single entry non-o and start again...

He will only be able to get one 30 day extension.

It is only one per entry and he will will be re-entering on the same entry he got from a visa that he has been extending. It would have to be a new entry form a visa or a visa exempt entry to get another one.

• Like 1

If you get the 60 day extension and a re-entry permit you could apply for the extension shortly after you get back from your trip. CW will do the extension up to 45 days early and the 30 day under consideration would start on the date you apply. You could then get a re-entry permit for the under consideration period.

Look at the date that would work for your schedule and work it out. It has been a long day and I would not trust my own numbers.

Getting the 60 day extension would not break the chain of extension you have gotten.

Okay, now I see. You are correct. wai.gif

I did not consider the re-entry permit would keep your prior entry 'alive'.

I have extended (60d) once so far on my visa and have re-extended (1yr) a few times since, but have not wanted a second 60 day.

I did leave and re-enter last year so I may ask at Samui next time if they would give me 60 days...

But I won't go on thinking it is there if I need it...

Edited by ParadiseLost

If you get the 60 day extension and a re-entry permit you could apply for the extension shortly after you get back from your trip. CW will do the extension up to 45 days early and the 30 day under consideration would start on the date you apply. You could then get a re-entry permit for the under consideration period.

Look at the date that would work for your schedule and work it out. It has been a long day and I would not trust my own numbers.

Getting the 60 day extension would not break the chain of extension you have gotten.

Ok thank you, I'll figure it out, I can then arrange the timing accordingly.

For tomorrow, do I use the TM7 but write 60 days instead of 365 days?

Just wanna get everything done at home before going there.

From what I have checked tomorrow I will only need this:

• Passport (original).
  • Photocopy of passport.
  • Photocopy of visa and arrival card (these will be in your passport).
  • House certificate / copy of lease agreement at the condo you stay in. (Take the original if you have it). If this is your condo lease agreement, it must have your signature and the owners signature on it. A piece of paper stating your address, the deposit you paid and the amount you pay each month is not enough. It must be a proper agreement.
  • Wife’s Tabien Baan (copy is fine) – this is the house document for the home she is officially registered as living in Thailand.
  • Wife’s ID card (original to be shown, also have a copy with you). If security tries to take this from your wife at the entrance in exchange for a card, be sure to tell them you need it to show the immigration officer. We ran into this issue and had to retrieve it.
  • Marriage Certificate (original and copy) – Make sure you take the original because I nearly came unstuck only having a copy last time.

(via http://www.thethailandlife.com/non-immigrant-visa-extend-stay-60-days)

Ok thank you, I'll figure it out, I can then arrange the timing accordingly.

For tomorrow, do I use the TM7 but write 60 days instead of 365 days?

Just wanna get everything done at home before going there.

From what I have checked tomorrow I will only need this:

• Passport (original).
  • Photocopy of passport.
  • Photocopy of visa and arrival card (these will be in your passport).
  • House certificate / copy of lease agreement at the condo you stay in. (Take the original if you have it). If this is your condo lease agreement, it must have your signature and the owners signature on it. A piece of paper stating your address, the deposit you paid and the amount you pay each month is not enough. It must be a proper agreement.
  • Wife’s Tabien Baan (copy is fine) – this is the house document for the home she is officially registered as living in Thailand.
  • Wife’s ID card (original to be shown, also have a copy with you). If security tries to take this from your wife at the entrance in exchange for a card, be sure to tell them you need it to show the immigration officer. We ran into this issue and had to retrieve it.
  • Marriage Certificate (original and copy) – Make sure you take the original because I nearly came unstuck only having a copy last time.

(via http://www.thethailandlife.com/non-immigrant-visa-extend-stay-60-days)

Best add wife to that list!

She must be present when you apply.

you will only be able to do one 60 day wife extension, as you will still be on the first one on your return,

Ok, that will be fine, I just need to see about the timing then because I will be away in January again (by the time that 60 days extension expires).