Military and NCPO urged to stop threatening people

webfact

Military and NCPO urged to stop threatening people
The Nation

30272739-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- The New Democracy Movement yesterday called on the military and related agencies such as the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) to stop threatening people.

At a press briefing held at Thammasat University's Tha Phrachan Campus yesterday, the group along with some lecturers and pro democracy campaigners made three requests.

They asked that officials stop summoning people, stop visiting and spying on them, and that they stay in their barracks and perform their duties. The group is producing a list of people affected by the military's actions, said Sawatree Suksri, a law lecturer at the university. The list will be submitted to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who is also chief of the NCPO.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Military-and-NCPO-urged-to-stop-threatening-people-30272739.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-12

I am fluent in Thai and read the email........."Please be nicer to people, don't hurt or kill. Smile. Tell them thanks for coming. Worst case, say Maaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage and offer discount."

They asked that officials stop summoning people, stop visiting and spying on them, and that they stay in their barracks and perform their duties.

1) summoning, 800+ people summoned

2) intimidation is S.O.P. for the military

3) stay in their barracks and perform their duties : clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

wouldn't it be so nice....

Until the Thai people collectively kick the generals in the crotch, nothing will send them to their barracks, much less keep them there...

Thammasat students have been a thorn in the side of authoritarian governments for decades.

They have reason to be wary of authoritarianism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thammasat_University_massacre

Kudos to them for what certainly appears to be a principled stand for democracy.

Keep on...

Not democracy, these students were communists. Many escaped and fled to China. Thailand had a communist problem in those days, an internal war.

Edited by Hawk

Thammasat students have been a thorn in the side of authoritarian governments for decades.

Kudos to them for what certainly appears to be a principled stand for democracy.

Keep on...

Not democracy, these students were communists. Many escaped and fled to China. Thailand had a communist problem in those days, an internal war.

Not True! Have you talked to even one of them? I did...

Keep on...

Not True! Have you talked to even one of them? I did...

Strangely I have, as i even know a few that escaped to China. They were communists.

I am fluent in Thai and read the email........."Please be nicer to people, don't hurt or kill. Smile. Tell them thanks for coming. Worst case, say Maaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage and offer discount."

You are fluent in nonsense.

Way too many Americans still think that anyone who doesn't cheer for their particular shirt is a communist.

Balderdash. Applesauce. Horse hockey. Bull feathers.

"The Communist insurgency in Thailand was a guerrilla war lasting from 1965 to 1983, involving the Communist Party of Thailand (CPT), Thailand, and the United States. The war declined in 1980 following the declaration of an amnesty and by 1983 the CPT had abandoned armed struggle. (Wiki)

And the students down at Thammasat were part of this communist movement because the Thai government was so ruthless as the USA fully supported the military government of the day. Also, democracy was an unknown at the time but communism was the order of the day, a true reality where all were supposedly equal.

It is ironic, to me at least, that the once isolated, junta run, nation known as Burma or Myanmar has just concluded national elections and the NLD and Aung San Suu Kyi won in a landslide victory. Whether said victory was hollow only the coming weeks will tell.

Meanwhile here in the Kingdom of Thailand citizens are being told to shut up and conform and are being threatened.

One state passes over the mantle to a neighbor?

It is ironic, to me at least, that the once isolated, junta run, nation known as Burma or Myanmar has just concluded national elections and the NLD and Aung San Suu Kyi won in a landslide victory. Whether said victory was hollow only the coming weeks will tell.

Meanwhile here in the Kingdom of Thailand citizens are being told to shut up and conform and are being threatened.

Speaking of which.....why has there been little to no coverage of that election on here? Am I missing something?? Am I looking in the wrong places?? Surely what is happening next door is worthy of some news items and threads??

They asked that officials stop summoning people, stop visiting and spying on them, and that they stay in their barracks and perform their duties.

3) stay in their barracks and perform their duties : clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Until the Thai people collectively kick the generals in the crotch, nothing will send them to their barracks, much less keep them there...

And will you publicly apologise and tell us all how wrong you were when elections are held ?.

Of course you won't. You'll ignore what you said and change to something different. That's why I have no time for anything you say.

Just think : if you people hadn't passed that amnesty disgrace then started murdering protestors to try and scare them back home, none of this would have happened.

What a shame 'Thammasat' didn't speak out about injustice sooner - say right after the amnesty bill and definitely when women and children started getting blown up. People might still be alive instead of inconvenienced. Do we know why they didn't ?.

We are all waiting for your uprising. Set a date yet ?. I bet you wish a few people had disappeared or been shot on the streets to help your cause a bit because from where I am standing, the country has a much more promising future now then it did under the dirty cronies. And unfortunately for you, the decent and intelligent people in Thailand realise it too.

And will you publicly apologise and tell us all how wrong you were when elections are held ?.

Of course you won't. You'll ignore what you said and change to something different. That's why I have no time for anything you say.

Just think : if you people hadn't passed that amnesty disgrace then started murdering protestors to try and scare them back home, none of this would have happened.

What a shame 'Thammasat' didn't speak out about injustice sooner - say right after the amnesty bill and definitely when women and children started getting blown up. People might still be alive instead of inconvenienced. Do we know why they didn't ?.

We are all waiting for your uprising. Set a date yet ?. I bet you wish a few people had disappeared or been shot on the streets to help your cause a bit because from where I am standing, the country has a much more promising future now then it did under the dirty cronies. And unfortunately for you, the decent and intelligent people in Thailand realise it too.

"That's why I have no time for anything you say."

But write the longest post so far in thi thread.

Do you notice how as soon as he does not agree with you, this one write "you people" like "you the red"

You should really learn about a few things John:

Thailand History

Thammasat History

How you could read news about Thailand coming from outside of Thailand so you would understand a bit more what is happening around here.

The pro junta like you are oviously not aware of their bad habits worldwide nowdays and in the past.

Your hate for "the reds" is a bit amusing but you tend to repeat yourself.

ah, EJ, are just pooping on a thread and running off again?

I will not need to apologize but rather cheer if the Thai people kick the generals in the gonads and force through a democratic constitution. OTOH, if there are elections under a constitutional turd that even vaguely reflects the anti-democratic ideas in the most recent, rejected draft, then there will be no reason to celebrate elections nor to apologize....

What a shame 'Thammasat' didn't speak out about injustice sooner - say right after the amnesty bill and definitely when women and children started getting blown up.

you are still living in a fantasy world where none of the people you despise ever did anything against injustice... Even though it has been pointed out to you sooooo many times.

Do you not recall the red shirts being against the final amnesty bill? Do you not recall that the Dao Din students protested against elected governments and not just against self-appointed ones? Do you realize that student and community activists have been struggling against injustice in Thailand for decades and decades?

As for people disappearing and being shot in the streets, that has already happened. And in the vast majority of cases, it is the military doing the dirty work. Now, if you ever get informed, you might understand that and then it would be possible to have a decent conversation.

Speaking of which.....why has there been little to no coverage of that election on here? Am I missing something?? Am I looking in the wrong places?? Surely what is happening next door is worthy of some news items and threads??

Gosh she looks old now, Aung San Suu Kyi, much prefer Yingluck. Yes not much news, as its a bit anti military I suppose. Still Thais can feel happy that they are more superior than the Burmese having them as pets, I mean slaves, maids to do all the hardwork in the Pue Yai Ban. Poor blighters. Still hope has smiled on them this week.

Gosh she looks old now, Aung San Suu Kyi, much prefer Yingluck. Yes not much news, as its a bit anti military I suppose. Still Thais can feel happy that they are more superior than the Burmese having them as pets, I mean slaves, maids to do all the hardwork in the Pue Yai Ban. Poor blighters. Still hope has smiled on them this week.

I would find it quite sickening if Thaivisa is purposely NOT covering it due to some kind of twisted sycophantic kow towing.....Its major news for gods sake!......honestly....pathetic self censorship, is this what its come to?

I would find it quite sickening if Thaivisa is purposely NOT covering it due to some kind of twisted sycophantic kow towing.....Its major news for gods sake!......honestly....pathetic self censorship, is this what its come to?

Sycophantic kow towing, now theres a description you don't see everyday. You win quote of the day! Hooray!