Mesalazine, Salofalk, Pentasa in Bangkok

Issanman

I am in Bangkok for a few days and would like to find to find a pharmacy where I can find one of the above mentioned drugs at a good price. I live in Beung Kan province and I can only find Salofalk by special order at a high price. I am hoping to find it in BKK at a better price. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mesacol is an Indian made version of mesalazine and will certainly cost less than either Pentasa or Salofalk both of which are Western imports.

As to where to get it suggest you call the distributor, Pharmaland: Tel: (+66) 2330 8550 Email: [email protected] and ask them for the name/address of a pharmacy they have recently supplied to.

And once back in your home province ask local pharmacy to place an order with them.

• Like 1

So I called them and they said no problem to buy there. Took a taxi to Seacon Square and then walked from there. Not too far and the weather was not too hot today. Sign in at the front gate then go upstairs. I bought 10 boxes of 50 tablets, 400mg each for 500฿ per box. So 5000฿ for 500 tablets, tax included. A far better deal than buying Salofalk.

I will be calling in my orders from here on out and they will send them to me, wherever I happen to be in Thailand. Thanks for all the help!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
19 hours ago, Marlisa Prinsloo said:

Good morning all, can anyone tell me approximate price for Mesacol800mg in Bangkok.  Need to purchase for my daughter.  She is currently using Asacol 800.  Can I purchase it over the counter?

many tnx in advance

Please read the preceding posts.

You can buy over the counter but it can be hard to source. most people here have either paid very high price for Salofalk brand (also not easy to find but very large pharmacies will have it) or had to direct to the distributor to buy Pentasa (details above) and distributor is reportedly now asking for a copy of a prescription.