Angered by ticket, woman runs off with Thai cop's motorcycle key

webfact

And once again I have to realize that all too many adult Thais are immature children totally incapable of controlling their emotions.

So, you mean the BIB was immature and became emotional just because he failed to follow correct procedures by leaving his key in his vehicle?

It's the perfect example of why this country is so messed up.

She should have been sent to court... it is a VERY serious offense that she committed. A year or two in prison would be appropriate.

Somebody could have died because that cop couldn't use his motorbike to stop a crime!

She should have been sent to court... it is a VERY serious offense that she committed. A year or two in prison would be appropriate.

Somebody could have died because that cop couldn't use his motorbike to stop a crime!

What fantasy world are you living in?

In over a decade I've yet to see a Thai cop rushing to stop a crime lol

The only time I've found them fairly quick is to put money in pocket and wave me on

I think the fact that they let her off shows an underlying issue.

Stealing a policeman's motorcycle should be regarded as serious.

The man is a farce!

Until police are respected, and laws respected, we really are not getting anywhere.

Part of earning that respect might be to ensure there is a consequence to illegal actions.

And once again I have to realize that all too many adult Thais are immature children totally incapable of controlling their emotions.

And once again I have to realize how many TV posters are ignorant and bigoted towards Thais....and always get away with it

but it's true - they are mostly 12 year old's and if you can't see that you are not in Thailand

Perhaps not as long as you, but lived and worked here over 9 years. Not only Bangkok, but also often visit my wife's relatives and our friends in the provinces. My work means I have to travel a lot, often with Thais (I am only Westerner in a workplace of about 60) both male and female. I do not agree with your opinion at all.

Your a bigot. Perhaps if you got off your bar stool in Nana, or off your back in some cheap ST hotel, you might meet real Thais.

Many years ago we had a burglary at my workplace. A young policewoman took our statements and looked around the scene and then took off. After she left I sat at the table she had been using, to talk to my partner. There was a set of keys there, which I didn't find unusual as we had keys and locks all over the office. A few minutes later she came back into the office looking as though her puppy had just died. The keys, of course, were hers. After thanking us for returning them she explained that NOBODY has sympathy for police officers who lose their keys and a cop who is locked out of his or her car is usually teased unmercifully by their friends and colleagues.

"I’d like to warn members of the public to respect the rules, regulations and good road behavior, because roads are public property. If everyone respects the rules and regulations, it would decrease traffic jams.”

Accidents and deaths as well, but dream on mate.

You obviously don't follow the antics of The Royal Thai Police!

:)

I would love to have seen the chubby police man panting and running around to get his keys back all afternoon. biggrin.png

If they really have time for clamping down on illegally parked vehicles start with the cars first - a motorbike you can often pass even if illegally parked, whereas a pick up truck or BMW illegally parked stops all traffic.

And once again I have to realize how many TV posters are ignorant and bigoted towards Thais....and always get away with it

If they're all of the above,how do you suggest they be penalised?

Wow. I really can understand this lady. And of course, I can understand the Thai police. On one hand I say treat me the same way you treat Thais. Now she understands how farangs are treated. The cop is enforcing the law equally. Is this good? For me, here is this lady who just got off work. Either 7-11 or doing the horizanal hoola hoop. All the money she made that day is gone. Would I go ballistic? Yeah. At times I get so angry and mock the inequity. Now, I feel otherwise.

I agree, a day wages and worst for her that 600+ baht would of bought phone time, phone time, phone time etc... We get the point or and probably some Starbucks coffee, and with their prices you need 600 baht.

smile.png

It's exactly because I DO follow those antics that I said "should have been sent to court"... not "will be sent to court".

smile.png

It's exactly because I DO follow those antics that I said "should have been sent to court"... not "will be sent to court".

I was referring to the novel concept of a policeman stopping a crime!

What fantasy world are you living in?

In over a decade I've yet to see a Thai cop rushing to stop a crime lol

The only time I've found them fairly quick is to put money in pocket and wave me on

That's not really the point.

I'm well aware of how useless they are... hence I wrote that it's a "perfect example of..." etc..!

Obviously it does create a POTENTIAL for loss of life by denying a cop the ability to act in defense of life. For that reason she SHOULD be punished. ;)

For me, here is this lady who just got off work. Either 7-11 or doing the horizanal hoola hoop. All the money she made that day is gone.

Why do you suggest that she works either in a 7-11 or that she is a prostitute?

I went back and read the story just to check and there is nothing in there about a 7-11 or prostitution.

I suggest that siliconvalley either changes his medicine or buys some new glasses.

I think the fact that they let her off shows an underlying issue.

Stealing a policeman's motorcycle should be regarded as serious.

The man is a farce!

Until police are respected, and laws respected, we really are not getting anywhere.

Part of earning that respect might be to ensure there is a consequence to illegal actions.

quote "

Part of earning that respect might be to ensure there is a consequence to illegal actions."

If the police enforced all the laws, properly, fairly and correctly showing NO bias to the rich or who anybody's Daddy is, then they most probably would get respect.

However respect is earned and the RTP don't earn it.

Ahhh...the classic Thainess

Angered by ticket, when one is clearly in the wrong! She should be locked up for 2 weeks to let the respect for the law to sink in...

I think though you can find a pretty simple reason for her actions, when existing rules / laws are not continually enforced but randomly applied, then there can be no expectation that people will abide by them.

Vehicles / motorbikes as we all know are illegally parked everywhere in Thailand yet they may well never be fined or clamped, as such when any actual real enforcement is applied many people have issue with it.

For me, here is this lady who just got off work. Either 7-11 or doing the horizanal hoola hoop. All the money she made that day is gone.

Why do you suggest that she works either in a 7-11 or that she is a prostitute?

I went back and read the story just to check and there is nothing in there about a 7-11 or prostitution.

I suggest that siliconvalley either changes his medicine or buys some new glasses.

SILLYconvalley (pun intended) is a sextourist or an alcoholic. just like all farang men here.

(sarcasm alert!)