Did I just have the Best Burger in Hua Hin?

Michaelaway

(Prologue: I haven't tried that many of the burgers on offer around Hua Hin (I usually make my own), so I truly don't know if I actually had the best burger in Hua Hin tonight. I'd be interested to know what you all think...)

Went over to Bon Apetite Restaurant on Soi 80 tonight and ordered The Bon Burger. And all I can say is, wow! I've loved their pizza for a long time already, but tonight was an unexpected pleasure; like finding a hidden gem.

TBB is a fresh, soft, sesame seed roll with two large hamburger patties, a thick slice of Cheddar cheese melted perfectly over each patty, salad with sauce on the bottom and grilled onions on the top. This hefty burger comes with a mound of crispy French fries and costs 180 baht (eat your heart out, McDonald's!). Much, much! better than any other burger I've had in Hua Hin, it was a lot of food- and it was dee-freakin'-licious!

The Bon Burger... highly recommended.

PS- Sadly, I couldn't take a picture of the actual one, but I searched and found the burger below which looks very similar.

post-72929-0-25630200-1447335563_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

@Michaelaway: Thanks for the recommendation. Inspired by this thread I ate there last night and had The Bon Burger and was duly impressed. Very tasty.

Had lunch at Bliss Bakery on the NW corner of Soi 82 & Petchkasem Road and equally impresssed. Good food, staff and ambience/facility. It's a bakery and restaurant/coffee shop so sandwiches are made with fresh baked bread. I had an open-faced beef/cheese-on-baguette with an iced mocha coffee and both were very good. My lunch partner had tiramisu and was satisfied, too.

i had a great hamburger at Pacific Bar on soi 94 near the Saxophone Bar. It was basic with two slices of onions, tomato and lettuce with a fresh bun. the best part was they charbroiled the meat. The best hamburger I have had since I left the USA. 80 baht.

Bon Appetit is moving this week. Opening party at new location is 24-December. Here's the new location:

post-33251-0-40394300-1450558114_thumb.j

It's on the opposite side of the road from the current location (i.e. it's on north side) of Soi 80, up toward Petchkasem Road from current location. It's opposite the Night Owl Bar. If you are coming from Petchkasem, if you reach the Clansman bar on the corner, you've gone too far. Look for the yellow-orange fence and you probably won't miss it.