How to say later or after in thai

bookie baitface

deow deow.

raw

Different words used for different lengths of time and different circumstances.

ask the question, and we can tell you a suitable reply.

Ask 1 word, and our replies are likely meaningless.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Yang.

It means "not yet".

You can use this a lot with "mai" and a verb afterward.

for the motorycles- Yang mai bai = not go yet.

Yang mai hew = not hungry yet.

Yang mai ow = Don't want it yet"

Etc Etc.

Edited by bino

"When for example I have 300 motorbike taxis calling me how would I say maybe later for example? KOB kun krap for your answers guys"

Based on the above example that you've given, I will walk past them without saying anything, and it's not because I'm rude. At most, I would just say "ไม่เป็นไรครับ".

In your post, what does "bang tee" mean? Does it mean "perhaps"?

Maybe you can give a few more situational examples that you encountered so that the people here can recommend you a more accurate phrase to use.

In the west, at least the part I come from, when somebody says "later" it often means something like "no, not now, but who knows, maybe sometime in the future." But it (the western use) really doesn't usually mean you will really agree to do it later in time. And often it's a way to simply say "no" in somewhat of a slangy, polite, manner. Other times...somewhat depending on use of a sharper tone/attitude....saying "later" really means "no way, now go away and quit bothering me."

So I really don't think using a Thai version of "later" (meaning a time in the future) would translate well here. I never see any of the very few motorsy taxi dudes up here in Chiangmai but I do often get the tuk tuk drivers asking if I want a ride somewhere. I simply say (when the situation seems to require something to be said) "mai ao" ("don't want") and follow it with a "kawp Kuhn krap" (well, "kap" up here in the boonies) and that seems to handle things comfortably for both sides.

But if I had a group of motorsy guys clamoring for me to take a ride, I would most likely either not make eye contact at all, say nothing, and keep walking or, maybe, just smile at them without saying a word.