TM 30 required at Jomtien Immigration for visa extensions

There was a thread a short while ago, which is now locked, that stated TM30 was necessary to fill out for extensions.

It became an arguement about who should fill out the form.

As I made my extension there a couple of weeks ago, I will just share my experience in that matter.

I could actually fill out the form myself. I am not the owner, nor the housemaster, but have a normal rental agreement at the mansion I stay at for the moment.

No problem at Jomtien, I just showed them a copy of my last paid rent, the TM30 filled out by me, and a copy of my own passport.

That was it. 30 days extension given.

During my time at the immigration office, it seemed that everybody were asked to fill out this form.

Edited by thaibreaker

I could actually fill out the form myself. I am not the owner, nor the housemaster, but have a normal rental agreement at the mansion I stay at for the moment.

Legally it is clear that the master/possessor/house owner ("him/her") has to SIGN the document (have a look at the form).

Also legally it is the duty of him/her to notify the foreigner.

But he/she might be happy if you fill the form.

Also it seems that immigration/police does not care to put a fine on him/her for missing to notify within 24h.

Legally it is clear that the master/possessor/house owner ("him/her") has to SIGN the document (have a look at the form).

Also legally it is the duty of him/her to notify the foreigner.

But he/she might be happy if you fill the form.

Also it seems that immigration/police does not care to put a fine on him/her for missing to notify within 24h.

Agreed.

But in my case, and I guess in most cases, they are satisfied with me/us to sign it, as long as you have a paid rent to show. Therefor my own copy of passport, and not the owners ID.

Legally or not.

Edited by thaibreaker

After recently coming back to Thailand, Wife & I stay at our house.

We went to the new Chanthaburi immigration office for the TM30.

Should have done that within 24 hours, did it after 2 weeks, no questions asked.

The only reason that we bothered to do this, was that in 3 months time I will ask for a 2 months extension of my non imm o. Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

Does this apply to extensions of 30 day visa exemptions and SETVs? I guess a lot people will be in hotels, guest houses and short term AirBNB rentals.

If you're staying in a private property the IO might ask for a TM30 to be completed by the owner/house-master even if getting an extension of stay for a tourist visa.

Does this apply to extensions of 30 day visa exemptions and SETVs? I guess a lot people will be in hotels, guest houses and short term AirBNB rentals.

In my opinion, yes. That is my experience, and a lot of others at Jomtien.

How other immigration offices will look at it however, I don`t know.

what fascinates me is how the immigration Department keeps up-to-date with all this paperwork? And if a tourist staying at a hotel fills out a TM30, it doesn't ask how long they will be staying at that address and he or she may move to a different destination the very next day so what was the point?blink.png

what fascinates me is how the immigration Department keeps up-to-date with all this paperwork? And if a tourist staying at a hotel fills out a TM30, it doesn't ask how long they will be staying at that address and he or she may move to a different destination the very next day so what was the point?blink.png

A foreigner staying in a hotel doesn't fill out the TM30. It's the hotels responsibility. Many hotels can do it online now. I suppose each time you register at a new hotel immigration know you've moved on and where you are.

Edited by elviajero

A foreigner staying in a hotel doesn't fill out the TM30. It's the hotels responsibility. Many hotels can do it online now. I suppose each time you register at a new hotel immigration know you've moved on and where you are.

are you saying that a tourist who is staying in a hotel on a 60 day tourist Visa and who applies for a 30 day extension (but is checking out the following day to travel somewhere else)doesn't need to provide any supporting documentation from the hotel where they are staying on the date of the application?

Edited by Asiantravel

For immigration's record system, you are staying in the place for which your arrival has been notified until immigration gets a new notification of your arrival from another place. Additional sources of address information for immigration are, where applicable, the foreigner's notification of change of address, the notification of staying in Thailand longer than 90 days, the application for extension of stay, etc.

are you saying that a tourist who is staying in a hotel on a 60 day tourist Visa and who applies for a 30 day extension (but is checking out the following day to travel somewhere else)doesn't need to provide any supporting documentation from the hotel where they are staying on the date of the application?

No I'm not. But it would be highly unusual (if ever) for an IO to ask for proof of address when applying for an extension if the address given is a hotel.

But if the person applying for the extension is living in a private address then it is possible that the IO will ask for a TM30 to be completed by the owner/house-master as proof of address.

Edited by elviajero

If you're staying in a private property the IO might ask for a TM30 to be completed by the owner/house-master even if getting an extension of stay for a tourist visa.

This has been discussed already, and somewhere was this picture of the document they show you at the reception of Jomtien Immigration for a 30-days extension:

post-34500-0-88853700-1447602894_thumb.j

• Like 1

This has been discussed already, and somewhere was this picture of the document they show you at the reception of Jomtien Immigration for a 30-days extension:

So, from #4 to #7, only the last, #7, was necessary in my case.

That makes the whole process pretty easy to get through.

The only time I get a receipt from a hotel is when I check out and pay the bill, but after checking out the hotel won't be my address any longer, will it?

I lived in a hotel for a year before renting a condo. I paid monthly in advance to get a good discount and I used my receipt for my first retirement extension.

The only time I get a receipt from a hotel is when I check out and pay the bill, but after checking out the hotel won't be my address any longer, will it?

voilà ! this was the point I was making in Post number 10

What's the point of gathering information when its historic and therefore irrelevant?

Just renewed my marriage extension at jomtien , no tm30 asked for.

Thank you, that matches feedback I got wrt retirement extensions.

But some tell me differently!

Mine is due next month and I guess I shall take a filled in TM30 along just in case....... signed by me (own property)!

(Seems a bit daft as I will be reporting my address, 90 day report, tomorrow without one!)

Edited by jacko45k

I just extended my retirement visa all needed was.

1. copy of passport, visa, entry, exit card, last entry to the country
  2. 1 photo
  3. copy of rental agreement
  4. original letter from embassy for pension
  5. I carried my bank book but she didn't care for it but better to have it to be on the safe side
  6. I was handed over 2 more form to fill, one was very important , now you sign that if you overstay what will happen to you, like 3 months overstay will not be able to enter Thailand for a year and so on

• 3 weeks later...

So, from #4 to #7, only the last, #7, was necessary in my case.

That makes the whole process pretty easy to get through.

In my friends case too. Only number 7 but this was in a hotel. Will they accept a receipt from Airbnb as well?

In my friends case too. Only number 7 but this was in a hotel. Will they accept a receipt from Airbnb as well?

They shouldn't - the difference is when you check in, the hotel is legally obliged to inform immigration within 24 hours, via the internet. The web service is not available to private owners so a form 30 is required.

Of course, this being Thailand anything can happen but if they follow the regulations they will check to see if they were notified of your arrival. If not they can impose a fine so smile and be nice - pretend they are sooo clever and you are soooo dumb and they are happy tongue.png

I was at Jomptien Immigration this morning for a 90-day report (on-line still doesn't work for me).

While I was there I thought that I might just clear up my confusion about the TM30 requirement. I've been at the same address for more than ten years and no mention has ever been made of the requirement for my Thai wife to report my presence as an alien (she is officially the house owner and is entered in the tabien baan, which I am not).

Anyway, I downloaded the TM30 and duly filled it in and got her to sign it. It's a bit of a strange form and seems not quite applicable to someone who is here on a more or less permanent basis. In the event, Immigration were not interested in the slightest - just said that as I am on their system and do 90-day reports then I didn't need to bother with the TM30, unless I left Thailand and then returned, in which case I needed to submit a TM30 within 24 hours.

So, that is how it seems to work at Jomptien - other offices may have a different view of things, as is normal.

I'm on a retirement extension by the way - might well be different for other categories - so I'll find out if they still don't want the thing when I do my next extension, next July.

DM

I was at Jomptien Immigration this morning for a 90-day report (on-line still doesn't work for me).

While I was there I thought that I might just clear up my confusion about the TM30 requirement. I've been at the same address for more than ten years and no mention has ever been made of the requirement for my Thai wife to report my presence as an alien (she is officially the house owner and is entered in the tabien baan, which I am not).

Anyway, I downloaded the TM30 and duly filled it in and got her to sign it. It's a bit of a strange form and seems not quite applicable to someone who is here on a more or less permanent basis. In the event, Immigration were not interested in the slightest - just said that as I am on their system and do 90-day reports then I didn't need to bother with the TM30, unless I left Thailand and then returned, in which case I needed to submit a TM30 within 24 hours.

So, that is how it seems to work at Jomptien - other offices may have a different view of things, as is normal.

I'm on a retirement extension by the way - might well be different for other categories - so I'll find out if they still don't want the thing when I do my next extension, next July.

DM

Hmm, I would have thought that the date which our respective spouses should enter in the "Date Of Arrival" column might more appropriately be the date when we first arrived in LOS as non-immigrant retirees under our original non-O or OA visa to take up residence in our humble abode (assuming, of course, that we haven't moved in the meantime).

But, as you say, each immigration office to their own, of course!

Edited by OJAS

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

What is house rego

Edited by mcfish

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

What's a house book

A "Tabian Ban" = "housebook"

All Thai people are registered/listed in a "housebook"