Houston Consulate

Hello everyone,

I plan to apply for a 90-day non-immigrant visa by mail through the Houston Consulate.

[ Hopefully Houston is still the best bet. ] :o

I have not been able to find any visa application forms from the Houston Consulate. Does the visa application need to have the name/address of the Houston Consulate on the form, or will a visa application from Chicago, Los Angeles, etc. be adequate? I really don't want the visa to be "shot down" because I did not use a form that specifically stated Houston Consulate with the address at the top of the application.

I will have the requisite letter on company letterhead to support the application. Does the letter need to be addressed to the Houston Consulate, or will Royal Thai Consulate-General be adequate?

Thank you!! :D:D

And they are really fast too. But remember they could be closed for Songkran. April 13, 14 and 15.

I asked the Houston consulate about upcoming holidays when I phoned last Monday. They claimed they are always open Monday through Thursday. I didn't follow-up on this but it didn't sound like they paid much attention to the Thai holiday calendar.

Quick follow-up: I just received my passport back from the Houston consulate. Total elapsed time: eight days. I sent the passport to Houston by overnight mail and had it returned to me by regular first-class mail to the Boston area.

Quick follow-up: I just received my passport back from the Houston consulate. Total elapsed time: eight days. I sent the passport to Houston by overnight mail and had it returned to me by regular first-class mail to the Boston area.

dear ovenman,

always nice to read something positive posted on the forum, thanks for letting us know houston was quick and efficient with your visa.