Bamboo roller blinds.. Cheap ?

LivinLOS

Looking for some roller blinds to put on the exterior of my (hot large badly thought out) south facing windows for a screen..

Something like this

bamboo1.jpg

Window is already screened internally with vertical blinds so how they look is not that important..

Hard wearing and large.. Did I mention cheap !! Is more important than being especially pretty.

Any good locations ??

I had the same problem - I needed custom made ones, 3m tall. I found a shop selling bamboo stuff more or less in

front of the shopping plaza about half-way when you drive from CMai to Hang Dong, on the right hand side. They were cheap enough,

but the first time they lasted only 2 years: they were too heavy (I had them made 2 m wide), and the rope was not

really good enough against the weather. The second time I had made them in 1.5m width, and with a sturdier rope.

So far they work well. Big relief on our south-facing balcony.

Edited by arithai12

In the city, Chiang Moi road. As you head east from moat, first soi on left. Shop before & after the soi (same shop) sell them. Change the rope yourself if needed.

Good call.. remember it now you have said it..

Want some outdoor deck furniture too and they used to have some suitable stuff if memory serves.

We just bought two 1 meter wide blinds on Chang Moi Road at the corner of Chang Moi Road and Soi Chang Moi Kao, one street down from the hamburger place and on the left hand side of Chang Moi. The wife bought them so I don't know how much she spent, but I'd swear she is part Scottish. She is as thrifty as my mom use to be. I'm sure they were cheap. It's past midnight, but I'll ask her how much they cost when she gets up in the morning.

She just got up. 400 baht for a 1 meter wide by 2 meter in height. We bought 2 to block the sun on our patio. Don't know if that is cheap enough for you, but there you have it. I should have asked if they had different styles, but she just hit the sack again. She's post-menopausal. I'm not going to risk waking her up. Lol. Happy blind hunting!

Edited by connda

In the city, Chiang Moi road. As you head east from moat, first soi on left. Shop before & after the soi (same shop) sell them. Change the rope yourself if needed.

You beat me to it. Didn't see your post but just responded to the OP. Same place you mentioned. I did have the price though, or the wife did as she walked from the bedroom to the bathroom in a half-awake stupor. Lol.

1am. I ought to go to bed too, except I seem to be a charter member of Insomniacs Anonymous. I decided to stop taking tranquilizers for good about 2 months ago, so now I just don't sleep. Just part of gettin' old. Lol. Think I'll download a radio talk show and listen in the dark next to the nice, warm Misses now that it's getting nippy out here in the Lamphun mountain valleys.