ILR visa

Hello again, my wife has finally passed LIUlK test and B1.

My question is this we are going to apply for ILR visa when we return from our holiday in Thailand inMarch next year.this year 2015, we spent five weeks in Thailand in January and we want to go to Thailand on the 25th December and spend about 70 days there, am I allowed to do this, i.e spend more than 90 days away

Yes.

There is no actual set limit on the amount of time allowed outside the UK whilst qualifying for ILR.

Though applicants do need to show that they are a UK resident, which may be difficult to do if they've spent more time out of the UK than in during their qualification period!

But the time scales you are talking about should not be a problem.

The 90 days comes from the residential qualifications for naturalisation as British, which for the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen are:

• was legally in the UK on the exact day three years prior to the date of the application,
  • during the three years prior to the application spent no more than a total of 270 days out of the UK with no more than 90 days in the final year.

There are, of course, other requirements as well for naturalisation, see Become a British citizen.