The SS Office Guys Came To My School Today & Pure Confusion ....Lol...

lostinisaan

Hello,

Great news at a school in lower northeast for 11 employees. They will have to be registered at the SS office ASAP.

The coordinator has no idea how that works, i was trying to tell her all from A- Z, offered her the SS act in English, but that seems to be too difficult for her.

Does anybody have a link to download the Thai version of the SS Act?

When I explained that we foreigners, but also our boss from now on will have to pay 750 baht per month, she didn't get it. She was even asking if we couldn't "help the school" by paying half of the amount what the school has to pay? I could show her my white a r s e?

Maybe they don't have such websites in Thai? ( I'm joking)

If anybody has a link to the whole SS Act in Thai and post it here, I'd be more than thankful.

Why did she think that the school was exempt from paying SS for foreign teachers?

It's not really the coordinator's fault. Well, that she's got no idea about the topic at all, seems to be "normal" because they never did that before.

They were not even able to fill out my ordinary, in Thai written and in all provinces used tax form last March when I wanted to make my declaration? I finally ended up with a completely different handwritten document which was finally accepted an my tax office after many but, but, buts..

Then they tried to deduct 1 % of my salary last month for tax, but they made the food without the Chef. The two Asian teachers also had 1 % deducted, but they don't even have to pay tax?

Dr. Watson was immediately informed, my tax declaration then was already enough to prove that "somebody made a little mistake and was trying to pocket some good money."Oh sorry, the man misunderstood something". But I didn't. I did the math and it would have been 10 K in one year.

Yep, it's always nice to have such colleagues who create their own laws, had nothing to do with the "big kahuna".

But there's also a high possibility that she's only playing the innocent woman, without the knowledge how to Google such for her, not important things.....

The Po's the bad guy and I hope that they cut him in pieces now. He never "had the time" to go to the office to register the school, which is a Thai law, designed by His Majesty the King of Thailand. ( Please see attached SS act. )

You'd think that a guy with a Doctorate written by my ex-neighbor would have a better excuse for not registering the school than just saying that he had no time to do it? I'm confused, but not really. cheesy.gif

His 7 million baht house, and that's without any furniture, air-conditioning units, etc.. seem to be his first priority.And a brand new Benz in the garage of such an "outstanding leader" will, of course, look good on him, don't you think?

And the eight teacher assistants who have to survive on 6 K/month with families do not seem to need such an insurance that pays money for kids, or when getting seriously and for longer sick, when losing the position, or a pension once they're 60 years old, or have paid in for 160 months. Or was it 180?

All government schools, I think only private ones are excluded, and companies with more than eight employees have to be registered.

But "Monseigneur" always found ways to not register the school, until today when two guys from the office "had to remind him" that eight Thais and three foreign employees have to immediately be registered at the office. There's no excuse......giggle.gif

And that had to happen.on the same day, which gave me a real headache because I had to get my SS card from my 25 km away home. But my loving and beloved wife hopped in a van and brought it to me. wub.png

There's a chapter in the SS act that employers who "forget" to register their business might have to pay a hefty fine, plus all the time backdated when they'd started, every single month for each employee where no SS was paid in for them.

My wife doesn't know how to find the Thai version on the Internet and I wanted to present it in their mother tongue to make sure that they understand all and everything.But I changed my mind and let them find it out the hard way.

One Asian teacher is in his fourth year, got three kids and he'd even receive more money than the 750 baht he'll have to pay in now. I think it's 600 baht per child so he'd receive 1,800 and pay only 750 baht. That's also called a win-win situation.

It would be so nice if he'd have had a work permit for the last three years, but only god knows why he never had one until this year. Otherwise the "good Dr. man" would have to pay a lot of money back ( plus a fine for not having time) just for him.thumbsup.gif

Where I get a kick out is this guy's excuse. A great excuse for a bank robber who get's caught.

. All he needs to say is that he forgot what he did....or he forgot where he left his money and all is okay?.biggrin.png

My tenure started last year in May and it will be at least some money he will have to pay back for each month. Hopefully plus a fine.

I honestly hope that he has to cancel some of his exclusive ideas for his new castle and understands that not all people here are idiots. wai.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

Thank you very much for the link. Will forward it right now. The Po seemed to have a little ( big) depression when I saw him this morning. cheesy.gif

Now it's about a few years where he "had no time to register the school". Let's hope he'll pay for it. I'm glad that the guys who take 6 K per month home now have at least some more security.

Kindest Regards,

wai2.gif

Thank you very much for the link. Will forward it right now. The Po seemed to have a little ( big) depression when I saw him this morning. cheesy.gif

Now it's about a few years where he "had no time to register the school". Let's hope he'll pay for it. I'm glad that the guys who take 6 K per month home now have at least some more security.

Kindest Regards,

wai2.gif

What extra security ? Seems like all that will happen is that they will have to pay out more from their meager salary ?

"One Asian teacher is in his fourth year, got three kids and he'd even receive more money than the 750 baht he'll have to pay in now. I think it's 600 baht per child so he'd receive 1,800 and pay only 750 baht. That's also called a win-win situation. "

Wrong.

a family can claim child allowance each month of 350 THB for each child providing they are registered in the social security system. There is no contribution required for this and the family must have made a minimum of 12 month’s worth of contributions in the 36 months preceding the claim. This benefit is paid out for children under the age of 6 but a family can only claim for a maximum of 2 children.

All those working are eligible for medical cover if they have a work permit and are making contributions to the social security system. All those who are not in the system should have private medical insurance to cover them. If you have a work permit and are working then contributions are compulsory, no matter what your nationality.

The above is for foreigners, so it is only mandatory for them.

Sorry but I don't understand. What kind of school is it you are working for?

I'm asking myself the same question every day. gigglem.gif

It's a so-called "Anuban" from Kindergarten to M.3 in a small town.

Even people in the provincial city, where I'm, actually living, use the phrase "Poo--O ghinn Tangh maak." "Director eats a lot off money."

I hope now it's payback time.

Wow, how long have you been fighting for this? You better watch out.

Someone will figure out that you will be to blame for the extra expense.

If I could change one thing over here, I would prevent directors from getting their hands on any "surplus funds".

Many months after registering at a local hospital etc., turns out the hospital never got one Baht or paperwork. Go figure.

You better check whether payments are really made!

Wow, how long have you been fighting for this? You better watch out.

Someone will figure out that you will be to blame for the extra expense.

If I could change one thing over here, I would prevent directors from getting their hands on any "surplus funds".

Many months after registering at a local hospital etc., turns out the hospital never got one Baht or paperwork. Go figure.

You better check whether payments are really made!

Well, it took:"only 18 months", but I could get back in by paying 438 baht/month. But it wasn't me who informed the office, seems that our new employees made a trip to the office.

If they really "enforce the law", the whole thing could easily become a "criminal offense", it's worth to read the whole SS act.

What bugs me is that I've sent my wife to the office to get a form after the guys from the SS office showed up the first time, as I thought I'd need one to continue, when an employee of the office started yelling at my wife, why I'd try to make problems for a school?

And somebody from the office immediately called the coordinator of my school. But they know it wasn't me.

You're damn right about doing all that they don't get their dirty fingers into all peoples' pockets anymore.

Regarding the registration, not the hospital receives cash from an employee. The employee has to pay in for three, or four months to be entitled to receive the card, usually good for one year. When you get sick you show them the card and they register you.

There were times where you could choose two government hospitals, but I think it's only one for foreigners now.

Your last sentence is so true, pretty easy to go to the office and tell them to print your payments out, not a big deal.

When I was still at my former school and an American lady started, they deducted 750 baht right from the beginning.

But after four months+ still no card. Always the same word :"YANG" ( not yet there) So I brought her to the office in Ubon R. and it turned out that a "lady" in the financial office of my school had pocketed the money for two months.

But we finally left the office with her card and some lost faces behind us.

I was okay with my 438 baht payment and that eight, or nine Tai assistant teachers with an income of 6 K/month will now have more rights makes me more than happy.

They all have families and do the most work. And even if they think that I was behind it and I lose my job, I won't shed a tear. Shame on this director with his excuse that he had no time to register the school. Some assistants work there for more than ten years...whistling.gif

Otherwise, I wouldn't have posted it here. I thought it's good when people go for their right and I know thru my volunteering work for an organisation how many foreigners in Thailand don't have any insurance, then get sick and have huge problems paying a huge hospital bill.

We don't have too many rights in this country, no matter how long we live here. And such a fundamental right should not be an issue at all. wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

"There were times where you could choose two government hospitals, but I think it's only one for foreigners now. "

You do not have to choose government hospitals, (I am registered at a private hospital), and foreigners have to choose 3 hospitals, and always have since I have lived here.

Even people in the provincial city, where I'm, actually living, use the phrase "Poo--O ghinn Tangh maak." "Director eats a lot off money."

What I mean to say is are you teaching at a private or government school?

"Anuban" schools, those with the name Anuban in them, only go up to grade 6.

Fully fledged government teachers do not join the same SS scheme. Private schools do not have to join the SS scheme.

That is why your post is confusing.

"There were times where you could choose two government hospitals, but I think it's only one for foreigners now. "

You do not have to choose government hospitals, (I am registered at a private hospital), and foreigners have to choose 3 hospitals, and always have since I have lived here.

The name of the hospital at which you are covered is written on the SS card. There is only one.

If you are registered at a private hospital then you will not be covered for all expences.

The name of the hospital at which you are covered is written on the SS card. There is only one.

If you are registered at a private hospital then you will not be covered for all expences.

Yes I am, exactly the same as if I had chosen the local government hospital. The coverage is exactly the same !

Yes I am, exactly the same as if I had chosen the local government hospital. The coverage is exactly the same !

Exactly my point. Coverage is the same, so some expences that are incurred at private hospitals but not at government hospitals are not covered. Such as accomodation.

What I mean to say is are you teaching at a private or government school?

"Anuban" schools, those with the name Anuban in them, only go up to grade 6.

Fully fledged government teachers do not join the same SS scheme. Private schools do not have to join the SS scheme.

That is why your post is confusing.

Sorry for my late reply, I was on an unwanted holiday and things get more and more frustrating.

There are some "Anuban" schools with the typical emblem, usually smaller ones, not the really expensive "World Class Standard Prestige" Schools , that go from Kindergarten up to M. 3.

There's one in the provincial city and our school in a town that belongs to the province.

( I hope that you understand that I've got my own reasons not to post ours, so i took one from the net.)

Just turned out that one Asian teacher a sort of forgot to apply for her work permit. God, I wish the Immigration would visit us now. She started short before the midterm break, I helped her that she could do her 90 day report at the local Immigration and I was stupid enough to give my word for her.

The deal was that she'd go to her former school to get a document issued, to be able to get her old work permit cancelled and her tax clearance. But some people just don't care about laws.....

I searched online, also on this forum, gave her ALL docs, but she didn't listen and finally got busted when she wanted to leave via Mukdahan, being on a long overstay, begging our coordinator for help to send money.

She received the money, Immigration then sent her to her former province far away to get the wp cancelled, but she didn't go for her tax clearance?

Now the SS office seems tie very irritated because not just the director did something against the law. Our "new teacher" who got paid thru midterm after only staying here for ten days before the one month break, didn't even think to apply for her work permit yet but we all were sure that she did.

I had to say sorry to a friend at the Immigration who did the 90 day report for her, but they made sure that she'd immediately leave for the cancellation of her invalid work permit. But she stayed and did nothing.

Now "I've lost face" by giving my word for somebody who doesn't give a flying one about the laws here?

I might consider to call my friend at the Immigration to come and see me at my school. And I wouldn't even feel sorry if something would happen to her.

I'm sorry when I come over as an <deleted> now, but enough is enough. Our coordinator was trying to call her over the weekend, but she didn't pick up[ the phone? The director thinks she's got all in order, but she doesn't give a damn?

And the new employee is really more concerned about taking some lunch and fruits from the canteen home for dinner and that even knowing that some kids don't get any food if they come after 12.10.

God, I feel like a raped duck that landed on a dish at MK.

post-158336-0-84261200-1448252997_thumb.

You don't need any form of "tax clearance" so I don't know why you mention it.

You gave your word, well wow !! Do you honestly think that Immigration give a monkey's stuff about your word ?

90 day reports have nothing to do with work permits.

Lastly - the teacher does not apply for the work permit, the employer does !!

You don't need any form of "tax clearance" so I don't know why you mention it.

You gave your word, well wow !! Do you honestly think that Immigration give a monkey's stuff about your word ?

90 day reports have nothing to do with work permits.

Lastly - the teacher does not apply for the work permit, the employer does !!

Do we really live and work in the same country? Whenever I renew/ extend my work permit, I have to show my tax clearance at the labor department.

Even an Immigration officer once wanted to see the document from the tax office.

That on the other hand, might differ from province to province as so many other things here.

And yes, I gave my "word" for her when they refused to do the 90-day report at the local Immigration and wanted to send her to a city in the north, pretty far away.

I gave my word that we'd get all documents in order, promised that she'd drive back to her former province to cancel the at this time still valid, but basically invalid work permit, because this woman had already lost her job a few months before and nobody canceled her visa nor her work permit.

So they finally did me a favor by accepting her request to do the 90-day registration at this office, because I told them that she'd be our new employee. I feel so stupid now because the Immigration and the school seem to have some problems because she's not an honest person.

I'm living in this province since 15 years and it seems that I have a very good reputation, helping the Tourist Police from time to time.

So yes, my word did help that her 90-day report could be done here, not knowing how stupid that was.

The Mukdahan Immigration informed the local Immigration when it turned out that she was on such a long overstay because she didn't listen to the Immigration, nor did she take any advice from me.

The nice lady from the local Immigration office came to my house two days ago and told me over a coffee that she had some problems because the woman didn't follow her advice.

Lastly, the schools in my area usually provide some documents, but I'm the one who's applying and finally picking it up after two to three days.

Please read this:

There are two classifications of taxpayers: Resident and Nonresident. A resident taxpayer is someone who has resided in Thailand for a period that totals more than 180 days. Both incomes earned domestically or in foreign soil are subject to taxation. For Non-resident, only incomes earned in Thailand are subject to taxation. An individual taxpayer must file his tax return for each calendar year on or before the 31st of March of the following year.

In case a foreign employee was not able to pay his income tax on or before the deadline, the employer would normally be the one who would pay for him. Yet, a different schedule applies for incomes derived from property selling or the profession of such individual is either of the following: engineering, architecture, accountancy, fine arts and art of healing. The individual must also file his mid-year tax return on or before the 31st of September and consequently pay the tax due on or before the 30th of June the following year. Note that when you renew your work permit they will need a copy of your tax submissions for the year before. Tax submission is normally done in February /March each year

http://www.thaiworkpermit.com/personal-income-tax-in-thailand.html

Edited by lostinisaan

Yep. Tax form on the list for extension of stay based on employment.

There are instances when it has been called for before departure at the airport.

Yep. I remember a teacher back in 2006 who wanted to fly out via Don Muang, but was sent back to "clear her tax", to a place 570 km away.

Edited by lostinisaan

A flame and quoted reply has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

I haven't read all the posts but good on you for telling it as it is.

Who has taught 50 students at 36 Celsius - well I have ( only for 4 months :-) )

Let them tell us about how they do it. No amount of education as a teacher can prepare you really. For me it was my ability to speak Thai.

I can do it and sweating bullets. I never hit any students. I did notice teachers from UK getting angry and roughing up the students.

For those future teachers - it's not our job to hit students. We are only English teachers. The Thai teachers get upset as we get paid more and are seen as lazy. So what else is new - laughs.

I love the Thai students. So much happiness everywhere.

You gotta experience it for yourself.

Take a year or two and teach here. Then go home and pay into your home countrys Pension Plan. Thai teachers must retire at 60 and get 500Bt per month - what ?

I have " taught " 500 young thai kids at a time. One hour 500bt. Ridiculous, but accepted it and never forgot . 50 students in a classroom to me is just a challenge. Who can do that. Let's speak English. Pom puut Thai mai dai :-) laughs

Good for you teachers who can help to teach English in Thailand. Pay attention to your Pension or Social Security in your home country. Be careful.

I have acuually reached retirement age ( now 62 ). Never thought I would collect on all the taxes I paid. Also who knows for the future for the next generation.

English Teachers in Thailand should make an effort to learn to speak Thai. We really need to respect the language. Life becomes so much fun when we learn to interact and speak Thai.

Every word of Thai that you speak to a student steals from them the opportunity of listening to English.

If they don't understand - rephrase, reteach or teach.

Great words, but...

Translating some words in Thai helps a lot. Of course not using whole sentences. And not in an EP set up.

But telling jokes in Thai makes you to a more respected "Baksida." teechaa.

I haven't read all the posts but good on you for telling it as it is.

Who has taught 50 students at 36 Celsius - well I have ( only for 4 months :-) )

Let them tell us about how they do it. No amount of education as a teacher can prepare you really. For me it was my ability to speak Thai.

I can do it and sweating bullets. I never hit any students. I did notice teachers from UK getting angry and roughing up the students.

For those future teachers - it's not our job to hit students. We are only English teachers. The Thai teachers get upset as we get paid more and are seen as lazy. So what else is new - laughs.

I love the Thai students. So much happiness everywhere.

You gotta experience it for yourself.

Take a year or two and teach here. Then go home and pay into your home countrys Pension Plan. Thai teachers must retire at 60 and get 500Bt per month - what ?

I have " taught " 500 young thai kids at a time. One hour 500bt. Ridiculous, but accepted it and never forgot . 50 students in a classroom to me is just a challenge. Who can do that. Let's speak English. Pom puut Thai mai dai :-) laughs

Good for you teachers who can help to teach English in Thailand. Pay attention to your Pension or Social Security in your home country. Be careful.

I have acuually reached retirement age ( now 62 ). Never thought I would collect on all the taxes I paid. Also who knows for the future for the next generation.

English Teachers in Thailand should make an effort to learn to speak Thai. We really need to respect the language. Life becomes so much fun when we learn to interact and speak Thai.

Thai teachers must retire at 60 and get 500Bt per month - what ?

Well, you taught English for 4 months, but you seem to know all about education, teachers' pension, etc...

A farmer gets 500 baht a month when over 60. The ex-colleagues I had who're now retired are all financially "happy."

Those who worked for the government were usually pushed up to the head of the English department, or similar, to make sure that a healthy pay raise will also be part of their pension.

None of the teachers I've worked with have less than 50,000 baht/month. Where did you get your information from?

Every word of Thai that you speak to a student steals from them the opportunity of listening to English.

If they don't understand - rephrase, reteach or teach.

Great words, but...

Translating some words in Thai helps a lot. Of course not using whole sentences. And not in an EP set up.

But telling jokes in Thai makes you to a more respected "Baksida." teechaa.

8 years teaching here, from K1 to PhD students, never once used Thai in the classroom.