UK premium bonds

I have a small amount of UK premium bonds which I have had for over 20 years, I was considering buying some more so I checked the website and they said to check if it is legal to own them in your country of residency. It said for example it is not permitted in USA. So I wonder is it permitted in Thailand?

Thailand is ok. It appears that the Excited States of America is the only one not allowing.

I just sent money to NS&I today. Took 2 attempts because NS&I is not a bank as such, and

routes money thru City Bank, this fact caused my Thai bank KTB to question the transfer.

After phoning NS&I today and confirmed the above all seams ok.

There is an old thread here that covers it:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/305717-uk-premium-bonds/

If you have a UK bank account (and probably a UK address) you can register online and it is a piece of cake to make deposits and withdrawals. Some of my income is lumpy and I might buy, say, GBP 20,000 of PSB's and then cash in, say, GBP 1,000 a month if need to do so for my cash flow.

More here:-

http://www.nsandi.com/i-live-outside-uk-can-i-invest-with-nsi

Thailand is ok. It appears that the Excited States of America is the only one not allowing.

I just sent money to NS&I today. Took 2 attempts because NS&I is not a bank as such, and

routes money thru City Bank, this fact caused my Thai bank KTB to question the transfer.

After phoning NS&I today and confirmed the above all seams ok.