Minor Flooding In Trat

billzant

Dear Forum,

I live in Trat by a stream that has variable height!! I have only just moved here and in July watched with horror as the height of the stream rose and rose. Trat is in a valley and when there is heavy rain the water comes down from the nearby hills. I watched as the water rose and rose and went into the small houses of the people living opposite me. At the time I was even worried it was going to come into my house.

I thought it was completely beyond control and that this was a natural occurrence I had to learn to live with until someone gave an instruction the sluice gates to the reservoir were opened and the problem was over. Basically because that instruction had not been given the people opposite had to suffer hardship.

With the recent typhoon there has been a lot of rain this week, and sadly the water level is rising again and has gone into the house of someone opposite.

I would be willing to take a photo and go somewhere to show someone but my Thai is very weak and I am unlikely to be successful.

Who would be the people to deal with? Who needs to give the instruction?

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best

Bill Z