Mae Suai Bridge Mystery

sceadugenga

Maybe this relates to why we have 2 bridges totaling 4 lanes near the new government complex that dump into narrow 2 lane streets. Also the new bridge up the mountain past the elephant farm is seldom used. Another big question relates to the proposed bypass from Rajabhat to the Chiang Mai Highway. One person told me that it is under construction now. This will require another bridge near the prison bridge. Does anyone know about this new western bypass construction status?

The "new" bridges, one left and one right of the older structure, were contracted by the Land Transportation Department. Unfortunately, the bridges were not quite built to the specification since bother new bridges have a steep approach and an even steeper discharge ramp. That is the view of the Amphur. The bridges were constructed exactly according to the specifications the contractor was given, the view of the original contractor.

To make the two bridges usable, about a 200 meter extension is required on the East side of the bridges and a 100 meter extension to the west side.

The matter would have been stuck in court except for one thing - the contracting company has been dissolved and the principles appear to have have taken a flyer.

The "new" bridges, one left and one right of the older structure, were contracted by the Land Transportation Department. Unfortunately, the bridges were not quite built to the specification since bother new bridges have a steep approach and an even steeper discharge ramp. That is the view of the Amphur. The bridges were constructed exactly according to the specifications the contractor was given, the view of the original contractor.

To make the two bridges usable, about a 200 meter extension is required on the East side of the bridges and a 100 meter extension to the west side.

The matter would have been stuck in court except for one thing - the contracting company has been dissolved and the principles appear to have have taken a flyer.

That reads just like the same issue as the (at the time) new southern bridge just before the Mae Suai PTT as you head south. They eventually added the gradual ramped extensions.

Thanks Rottie

Went over Mae Suai bridge today and checked it out.

There,s a rather steep slope especially on the north side.

If you went over at high speed you might leave the ground briefly.

Reminded me of two little bridges on the ?Hang Dong to Padua road where I make a point of flying. Only live once.

I waited 27 years before I got married again. I married the manager of Don's Mall in Phuket. I sold my factory in Bangkok and Don's Mall in Phuket and moved to Chiang Rai. I came here the first time 30 years ago and decided to retire here. Well, being married was a new experience for me. I have learned the hard way that you can not win an argument with a Thai woman and you can't have an argument with a closed mouth. Now my wife controls 100% of the loving and 90% of the money. I am honored to be in charge of everything else which includes everything that breaks. I have come a long way from being a NASA Rocket Engineer to pump and vehicle maintenance engineer. After 5 years of marriage I am still learning how to deal with less freedom. Chiang Rai and my wife are great and I love it here.