How To Set Up A Charity In Thailand?

I´m trying to find info on how to set up a charity, but it´s proving rather difficult. There are people and organisations looking to make small but repeated donations to be distributed in Thailand. I lived in Thailand in the past and will shortly be moving back and hoped to start a charity on my arrival to enable me to accept and distribute these donations legally.

Does anyone know how to go about this or where I can find information on how to do it?

Thanks

Peter

This is very difficult I am currently working with a group who wish to become registered, however I have been informed that there are only 13 yes 13 registered charitys in Thailand as they are not favoured by the people/government. You need a lawyer well versed in thai law and I am told it can then take years to get registered. I am currently pursuing this and if I learn anything useful I will post it here. One popular method is to get adopted by a like minded registered group and act as a project of theirs, I have been told this by a number of people during my enquiries.I hope this helps.

I heard that there is a difference between charity, foundation and society status but according to Thai law I´m not sure what it is. Looking into the foundation side I was told that you must have 200,000 capitol, this can include things such as assets and sounds fairly straight forward BUT as I say I´m not sure what being a foundation actually is compared to a charity, any idea?

Edited by Peter252

I´m trying to find info on how to set up a charity, but it´s proving rather difficult. There are people and organisations looking to make small but repeated donations to be distributed in Thailand. I lived in Thailand in the past and will shortly be moving back and hoped to start a charity on my arrival to enable me to accept and distribute these donations legally.

Does anyone know how to go about this or where I can find information on how to do it?

Thanks

Peter

Charitable Foundations may be set up by foreigners ( Chapter 2, Part 3, Civil & Commercial Code).One Director must be Thai and have a suitable Status. Applications and information can be obtained from local offices of Office of National Culture Commission, or Head Office, Ratchadapisek Road, Bangkok, telephone 02 247 0013.