Weird colours on TV now, is it broken?

davejonesbkk

I have a 7yr old 32 inch samsung hdtv in the bedroom. The only thing we normally watch on it is movies from a USB thats plugged into our AIS internet smart TV box and thats plugged into the TV via a HDMI cable.

Put on a movie 2 days ago and lots of the colours looked weird like everything had an orange tint, this is most noticeable on people etc.

Ive just tried running the same movie via the same AIS box and using the same cable on our downstairs TV and it was fine so I guess its the TV upstairs thats the problem.

So how broken is it? Could it just be an issue with the HDMI post through wear and tear or something internal and is either of these things repairable? I really dont want to be buying a new TV right now.

Also if anyone knows places to get Tvs fixed in the BangNa or Samutprakan area that would be great

Have you tried using other input (usb if nothing else available)? Is it on both sides or just one (there are two feeds to screen so some things can be only half the screen)? I had same type TV fail due to double image but able to fix using Googled instructions to cover part of connection with tape - but not for novice. Expect some MC taxi drivers would be able to advise where to fix - they normally have a good idea of local shops in there areas.

Have you tried using other input (usb if nothing else available)? Is it on both sides or just one (there are two feeds to screen so some things can be only half the screen)? I had same type TV fail due to double image but able to fix using Googled instructions to cover part of connection with tape - but not for novice. Expect some MC taxi drivers would be able to advise where to fix - they normally have a good idea of local shops in there areas.

No as I only have a hdmi cable, I will look into getting a standard A/V cable though. The tv itself doesnt have a USB port either so Im forced to use this AIS box as that does.

The orange tint affects the entire screen & picture, not sure what you mean about two feeds sorry.

Had the same problem with my Samsung TV last year. It didn't take long or cost much to fix at a samsung repair place.

Samsung knew straight away what the problems was. It was something like a component that converts the input signal into the picture on the screen.

Had the same problem with my Samsung TV last year. It didn't take long or cost much to fix at a samsung repair place.

Samsung knew straight away what the problems was. It was something like a component that converts the input signal into the picture on the screen.

OK thanks, where was this and what did it cost?

One video does not a diagnostic tool make.

Is *all* content being watched on the set have the odd coloring? Since you have an AIS Smart TV Box (AIS PlayBox), does the video sent from the TV from it also have the odd coloring?

Do you have *any other* HDMI device you can connect to the set.

As already said, certain brands have known issues, some that are repairable.

I have had HDMI connection fail on a Samsung LED TV - but with luck it has two and second works fine. But my problem was TV connection was changing the channels every few minutes or seconds on the GMMZ box. Worked fine with AVI cable.

Poster used same cable on another TV and worked, but agree a change might solve. In my case did that twice - with some initial change but did not solve it - and channel change (next higher) because more often (started to be every hour or so - to minutes - to seconds). But using the alternate HDMI input on TV did solve the problem with all the cables.

oops sorry forgot about this thread!

I found the Samsung call center number after a bit of Googling, called it and got through to someone very quickly who spoke good English, they sent someone round the next day to pick it up and it was taken away and repaired and delivered back to me 4 days later for a total cost of 1,630 baht!

I think this is my first time in Thailand that Im actually impressed!