Credit where due...did you know

kannot

Put it another way. The Thai worker would be on 300 Baht per day so 1000 Baht is just over 3 days pay. In the UK, a similar occupation would get about 100 quid a day. So you would give similar (300 quid) to someone who changed your tyre on a motorway in the UK?

Where the hell have you been living? 300 baht a day? That is 6,600 a month. This is almost 2016 you know. Maids get more than that. Those guys are probably on 15,000 a month minimum, maybe more. Which is more like 700 a day+.

Ok shared between them about 1/2 a days wages each.

Edited by VocalNeal

300 baht a day is the minimum wage = 9,000 baht/month cause the Labour Dept calculate on 30 days.

Plenty of truck drivers get less than 15,000 per month.

Most mechanics get more, if they are any good.

Motorway recovery crews are probably somewhere in between.

Years ago I drove a cab at night to keep ahead of the mortgage merry go round...and I came across a flash chap in a tuxedo holding an umbrella in one hand and waving me down with the other. His Rolls Royce had a flat and he asked me to change it. I agreed. After I'd finished he gave me 2 $50 bills....this was before we had $100 bills. He was happy to be on his way and $100 was what I would have made for a 9 hour shift! Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

1000 baht under £20. <deleted> why are the cheapskates so worried about giving a tip to somebody just because its supposed to be a free service. Well done mate you should be proud of yourself, don't let the cheap Charlies get under your skin. If you are in trouble price dosn't come into it,you just want it done and get the <deleted>> on your way.

"Money Talks and the Cheapskates Walk"

Put it another way. The Thai worker would be on 300 Baht per day so 1000 Baht is just over 3 days pay. In the UK, a similar occupation would get about 100 quid a day. So you would give similar (300 quid) to someone who changed your tyre on a motorway in the UK?

Think you re way out of touch with Thai salaries especially in BKK, 2 blokes got 500 baht each.....either way............like I give a (insert yer own expletive)

300 baht a day is the minimum wage = 9,000 baht/month cause the Labour Dept calculate on 30 days.

Ive always found it amusing they calculate on 30 days per month when even on their own website a working week is 6 x 8hr days.

The Dept of Labour Over time calculation method is bizarre as Well. TiT.