Weather Warning.

Rooo

• 3 weeks later...

Currently in Krabi and the weather's great, but Samui's my favourite island so was gonna head there in two days. I have a week before I have to be back in Bkk.

Can someone on the ground confirm the weather? No idea what this cyclone is doing to that area.

I scootered down to Krabi from Bangkok, so if I head back up towards Samui, that's it for me and south. So I'm just trying to make the best guess if I should go. After this, I have 3 months in beach-less Saigon so trying to get my fix now.

Thanks!

Bad weathers back just in time for our usual dull drizzly christmas/new year! laugh.png

On a serious note i do think it would be decent and kinder to tourists if high season officially was registered from say the 10th of january when the sky is blue and the weather is good. Its tough paying top dollar to stay over the xmas/new when the weathers nearly always crap.

Oh wow, great links! I never knew about windguru before. It looks like rain mid-week next week, but it's saying that about all cities (Samui, Phuket, Krabi, Ko Lanta, Hat Yai). Is Samui near-October rainy-season conditions?

Damnit, I don't know how to make this decision! Someone make it for me so I can blame them instead...

Wow!.... a bit choppy down there, Lamai probably the same, but is usually more so along with rough Chawang beach as well ....tongue.png

North beaches Maenam, Ban Tai, Ban Por usually more calm!!! wink.png

Light rain earlier this morning in Maenam, now just cloudy ... according to the forecast emails I get, it was 100% chance of rain and we had none! facepalm.gif (at least not in Maenam!)

Who knows for sure? .... actually Christmas day last year was quite pleasant, I drove around the island and stayed dry but some of the beach areas were very rough...

edit ....

Just looked through some images.... this was Maenam beach January 24 2014 .... so it is not always like a mill pond! whistling.gif w00t.gif

IMG_0372.JPG

Who knows for sure? .... actually Christmas day last year was quite pleasant, I drove around the island and stayed dry but some of the beach areas were very rough...

Oh, shoot. So safe to say that pleasant days are lucky and fortunate gifts from the gods, and cloudy/rough days are the norm?

On a side note...anyone know if the tide table/chart for 2016 has been put out anywhere? I checked the Navy site and they're still showing the 2015 one

http://www.hydro.navy.mi.th/servicestide.htm

Try this website http://www.tides4fishing.com/as/thailand

Thanks for posting that up...I actually already have that one...I was looking for the Navy one because it's only four pages of A4 for the whole year

Some areas of Maenam, fairly flooding... especially around the Honda shop.... a little bit on some areas between Ban Por and Ban Tai.... especially where is says a "Dangerous Curved" sign is...

I just got back from Nathon, where, when I left it was fairly dry!

Some areas of Maenam, fairly flooding... especially around the Honda shop.... a little bit on some areas between Ban Por and Ban Tai.... especially where is says a "Dangerous Curved" sign is...

Ehh, actually we had a day with mostly heavy rain from early morning in Nathon, still going on, only a few dry 'windows' between. Horrible day actually, hope the rest of the island was not that bad.

But you were always a lucky guy, we know that.laugh.png

Ehh, actually we had a day with mostly heavy rain from early morning in Nathon, still going on, only a few dry 'windows' between. Horrible day actually, hope the rest of the island was not that bad.

But you were always a lucky guy, we know that.laugh.png

It was dry enough for me to do Immigration, I got there from Maenam, (bone dry) and back to the Nathon Hill before it started to drizzle then it poured from Ban Por to home! sad.png

Forecast seems to show some improvement for Christmas day ! (???) thumbsup.gif ... fingers crossed! wink.png

SEASONS GREETINGS TO ALL!

• 3 months later...

Rather than start a new thread...

My neighbour just told me that Nathon, has had a huge rain storm this morning.... in her broken English, sounds like some flooding...

She was supposed to get a ferry, but has returned here... so ferries could be affected?

Perhaps if anyone reading this, from Nathon, could confirm....

Just wish Ban Por would get a little! So dry here, I am sure other areas of Samui too!

It was raining for about 2 hours last night, wouldn't call it a storm, but still a rare and welcome event. Although this morning at 8/9 o'clock it was already as hot again as before sad.png . Looks like some more is coming today/tonight.

Archived