Medicines In The Fridge?

did a search but couldn't find this question, what do most of you do with your med's during the day, are they put in the fridge when not being taken ?, i only take a couple of pills a day but the idea of the med's sitting around in this heat gets me thinking that there potentcy might deminish if left out in the heat.

so, what can you recommend, thanks

jasper

Depends on how hot your home is. If it has a/c,, should be OK to keep a weeks supply or so out and refrigerate the rest. If no a/c and the house is hot, keep no more than 1 day supply out at a time, and be sure to keep it in a shaded area as direct sunlight is a no no.

.....and when you take them out of the fridge ,( unless they are individually blister wrapped) , dont open the container until they have warmed up to room temperature , otherwise you will get condensation on the pills and they will degrade.

Most medicine says it's to be kept in a "cool, dry place" - not sure how dry fridges are.

Anyway I had to buy eyedrops recently that were required to be kept in the fridge, but since I don't have a fridge I just had to keep them in my cupboard. No problems though.

I miss having a fridge :o