Airplanes and Helicopters

LawrenceChee

So the boy is crazy about helicopters and fighter planes

He doesn't want to go in a ride since he's four and still scared of even ponies

Is it possible to bring him to an airbase and they will humour the boy for some pictures and touching the aircraft etc

Appreciate the help and no ponies jokes :P

I don't think they would oblige,you just walking in and asking,but

there is a day when they open up and let the children in,and they

can sit in the planes,tanks,what ever they have,and its Children's

day, i cannot remember which date that is ,but I am sure someone

with young kids will know and post.

regards Worgeordie

I don't think they would oblige,you just walking in and asking,but

there is a day when they open up and let the children in,and they

can sit in the planes,tanks,what ever they have,and its Children's

day, i cannot remember which date that is ,but I am sure someone

with young kids will know and post.

regards Worgeordie

Indeed Wan Dek or children's day is on the 9th of January 2016 so in essence not so long to wait.

This is a very good opportunity to do as the OP states.

Failing this date,as above it's unlikely that you will be allowed to randomly go on an airforce base etc.

There is another option that involves heading the Ao Manao beach in Prachuap Khiri Khan as the beach is run by the airforce.

Wing 5,you get to drive over the runway.

OK I'm confused:

Chiang Mai Air Museum

The Chiang Mai Air Museum is located near the Chiang Mai Airport. It contains a rare collection of World War 2 airplanes and related objects. Visitors are allowed to enter the planes and are provided with detailed information about the planes and their history.

Address:
Air Force Base 41
Chiang Mai
Thailand

Tel: <removed>

Open: Daily

OK I'm confused:

Chiang Mai Air Museum

The Chiang Mai Air Museum is located near the Chiang Mai Airport. It contains a rare collection of World War 2 airplanes and related objects. Visitors are allowed to enter the planes and are provided with detailed information about the planes and their history.

Address:

Air Force Base 41

Chiang Mai

Thailand

Tel:

Last I heard you had to make n appointment to visit. Changed?

If you fancy a weekend in Bangkok the RTAF museum is very good. A lot of aircraft and exhibits covering the RTAF history from the days of spruce and linen to the present. A helicopter hall (they can all be sat in except the one used for the Kings grand tour). Transport aircraft you can walk around in.

One of the attendants practically forced me into the cockpit of an F-5.

It's free. (to everyone)

Royal Thai Air Force Museum - Wikipedia, the free ...

OK I'm confused:

Chiang Mai Air Museum

Address:

Air Force Base 41

Chiang Mai

Thailand

Tel:

Last I heard you had to make n appointment to visit. Changed?

Can't find much current information:

Though not well known to many, particularly tourists, Chiang Mai is home to a vintage aircraft museum. Tango Squadron Wing 41 maintains the museum located at the Chiang Mai Airport. Sight seeing rides aboard one of the museum's Piper J-3 Cubs or Cessna O-1 Bird Dogs are available. For those wishing to visit the museum advanced notification is required since the museum is located in the part of the airport used by the Royal Thai Air Force. A group of four or more is also a requirement. Sightseeing rides are available to single individuals. Prior reservations are required. While there is no charge to visit the museum, donations are accepted and will be used by Tango Squadron Wing 41 to maintain and improve the exhibits. To make arrangements to visit the museum or to take a sightseeing flight contact Squadron Leader Weerachat Palee.

http://www.webring.org/l/rd?ring=aviationring;id=22;url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thaiaviation.com%2Fgallery2%2Fv%2FTango%2BSquadron%2BChiang%2BMai%2F%3Fg2_page%3D10

Archived