Extending by 7 days [Tourist Visa]

Can I extend my tourist visa 7 days for 1900 baht? I've already extended it once for 30 and i;m on about 85 days right now waiting for my business visa docs and I wont qualify for another tourist visa. I've done it before for 7 days but cant remember if it was a business visa or tourist.

I was wondering about this too. I really only need about 1 day, same scenario, waiting for docs on getting B - am I better of just paying the overstay which would be 500 ( correct? ) or is it better to pay the 1900 for 7 day " extension" as having an overstay becomes a black mark of sorts?

Thanks

I was wondering about this too. I really only need about 1 day, same scenario, waiting for docs on getting B - am I better of just paying the overstay which would be 500 ( correct? ) or is it better to pay the 1900 for 7 day " extension" as having an overstay becomes a black mark of sorts?

You will hear some telling you to spend a couple hours plus travel for an extension. In reality paying 1 day overstay is no big deal, is not a black mark, and if leaving from the airport chances are you will not be made paying fine.

Now wait for the know-it-all write that you would be taking a big risk and gate of hell would open "if caught".

You will hear some telling you to spend a couple hours plus travel for an extension. In reality paying 1 day overstay is no big deal, is not a black mark, and if leaving from the airport chances are you will not be made paying fine.

Now wait for the know-it-all write that you would be taking a big risk and gate of hell would open "if caught".

"Hell" is a subjective term, of course. If "caught" on overstay (asked to produce one's passport / visa or copy by police) - one would be arrested, taken to immigration-jail, likely miss their existing flight, be brought before a judge, sentenced, and pay a fine, then purchase another last-minute flight at high-cost, then taken to said flight - right to the door of the plane - in handcuffs.

For me, 1900 Baht is a small price to pay to avoid even the slight possibility of that experience. There are plenty of accounts of this experience posted on this site to peruse, to assist in making a decision. YMMV.

• Like 1

You can apply for a 7 day extension, pay 1900 baht and be given 7 days to leave the country. It can be done for any type of entry or after getting an extension.

Why do you think that you cannot get another tourist visa?

So in essence on a Single Entry Tourist Visa you get 60 days, can extend for 30 days for 1,900 baht then extend again for another 7 days for an extra 1,900 baht, therefore giving you 97 days before needing to fly out & get a new visa?

You can apply for a 7 day extension, pay 1900 baht and be given 7 days to leave the country. It can be done for any type of entry or after getting an extension.

Why do you think that you cannot get another tourist visa?

So in essence on a Single Entry Tourist Visa you get 60 days, can extend for 30 days for 1,900 baht then extend again for another 7 days for an extra 1,900 baht, therefore giving you 97 days before needing to fly out & get a new visa?

Yes

I am in the situation where I this time, due to (company) traveling, only needed an entry stamp (30 days).

Turns out the Company will fly me out from Thailand 2 days after the entry stamp is expired.

I stay in Khon Kaen City.

Is there a possibility for me to extend the entry stamp with 7 days in Khon Kaen city?

I am in the situation where I this time, due to (company) traveling, only needed an entry stamp (30 days).

Turns out the Company will fly me out from Thailand 2 days after the entry stamp is expired.

Is there a possibility for me to extend the entry stamp with 7 days in Khon Kaen city?

Yes !

At the immigration office for a fee of 1900 Bht

These 7 days should be used in exceptional circumstances.

You will get an Extension Denied Stamp in your passport basically.

Not saying that it will influence future visas, but I for one would not want Extension Denied stamps in my passport unless it was absolutely necessary.

Edited by lkv

Not saying that it will influence future visas, but I for one would not want Extension Denied stamps in my passport unless it was absolutely necessary.

I used to have these 7 day extensions several years ago (old immigration downtown BKK), and never got any Extension Denied Stamp, as far as I remember.

Anyhow, I need these 2 extra days, whatever cost.

Same procedure as old days?

Can take pictures near the immigration?

Form filled out at Immigration, etc?

rgds

I used to have these 7 day extensions several years ago (old immigration downtown BKK), and never got any Extension Denied Stamp, as far as I remember.

rgds

I have never heard of anybody having problems with a denied extension stamp.

You will only need one 4 X 6 cm photo for the TM7 application form. Not sure about any place near the immigration office in Khon Kaen for the photo. If I recall correctly it not close to anything.

You will need copies of you passport photo page, visa (if any), entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

rgds

Yes, you can take pictures, pick up a form, make photocopy of passport at Khon Kaen Immigration Office.

- pick up a form at the front door where the photocopy machine at (copy is free but there is a tips box)

- Fill out form, pick up a queue. (line will go fast because there is a lot of window open)

- go inside contact a reception, show her your queue no., ask her you need a photo taken. (100 baht for 4 photos) she will grab her iPhone and take picture of you there and print out (less than 3 mins.)

- wait for your queue call

good time to visit 9.30 am - 10.30 am (I've been there since 8.30 am but the line went too fast, I didn't prepare anything so once I done filled out form, take photo, etc. there was nobody left)

but if you don't have a form or anything yet just go in around 8.45 am (the reception lady kinda show up late)

The officer there are so friendly. I really like this office.

I did not say that you would have problems because of those stamps, the point was they are not extensions, they are refusal of extensions. Never had one of those but it should say something like. Extension Denied. Leave the country in 7 days. No?

What i was trying to say is that I would personally abuse the rules with 60+30 multiple times, but I would not see the point doing it on a regular basis with 60+30+7.

Edited by lkv

• 2 weeks later...

No time to leave before I have to, so need the 7 days.

Anyhow, went there today.

Smooth.

Quick, efficient, helpful staff and vendors (outside).

Less than an hour.

Asked for 7, but got 30 days extra, which I guess is a new standard??

No time to leave before I have to, so need the 7 days.

Anyhow, went there today.

Smooth.

Quick, efficient, helpful staff and vendors (outside).

Less than an hour.

Asked for 7, but got 30 days extra, which I guess is a new standard??

They would automatically give you 30 days if you have already had an extension. There is no 7 day extension.

The 7 days is only given when someone doesn't qualify for an extension and they give you 7 days to leave the country.

They would automatically give you 30 days if you have already had an extension. There is no 7 day extension.

The 7 days is only given when someone doesn't qualify for an extension and they give you 7 days to leave the country.

Perhaps a typo?

Only one 30 day extension per entry is allowed.

It seems they may not of noticed you had already gotten the 30 day extension.

The 7 days to leave was all that you were eligible for.

Ubonjoe, I don't see anything in his post that indicates that he already had a 30 day extension, it reads more to me like he was still here on his original 30 day visa exempt entry. Did you get the info about him having already had a 30 day extension from another topic?

Sophon

• Like 1

Perhaps a typo?

Only one 30 day extension per entry is allowed.

Yes. Thanks. Should have been haven't not have.

I entered the Kingdom on a standard 30 day entry stamp.

Asked for 7 days extra, but got 30 days extra.

• Since 2014 you can extend a 15/30 day visa exempt entry by 30 days. So that is why you were given 30 days.
  • If you were to go back and ask for another (2nd) extension it would be denied and they would only give you 7 days to leave the country.
  • Like 1

I entered the Kingdom on a standard 30 day entry stamp.

Asked for 7 days extra, but got 30 days extra.

• Since 2014 you can extend a 15/30 day visa exempt entry by 30 days. So that is why you were given 30 days.
  • If you were to go back and ask for another (2nd) extension it would be denied and they would only give you 7 days to leave the country.

Thnx.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Ejjeje said:

My visa is till 21 june, can i apply today for 7 more days?

Is it your 60 day entry from your tourist visa that is ending or the 30 day extension of that entry that is ending?

If you have already done the 30 day extension you can apply for an extension, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to leave the country after it is denied.

• 7 months later...