PM repeats his government will be in office until July 2017

rooster59

PM repeats his government will be in office until July 2017

30711-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha reiterated Friday night that his government would remain in the office until July 2017 after which he will hand the baton to a new government.

After the handover of power to the new government in mid-2017, he said people should take a look what will happen in the next 20 years – what reforms will take place and whether they will go in line with the roadmap.

But as far as his government is concerned, the prime minister stressed the need for his government to draw up a blueprint for the country to ensure foreign confidence in the country.

The prime minister called on all stakeholders to join the government in its efforts to resolve national problems, to restore reconciliation and to bring about prosperity to the country.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-repeats-his-government-will-be-in-office-until-july-2017

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-28

BANGKOK: Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha reiterated Friday night that his government would remain in the office until July 2017 after which he will hand the baton to a new government.

Good at least this Government can keep the bloodshed at bay,I haven't seen anybody else has been done better! to end the bloodshed!

I can't bear to watch so does anyone know if he said ' at the earliest ' or ' at least ' and was he grinning, or suppressing one, as he spoke ?

Well, if you look at his track record so far. Whereas every 3-5 months the date of allowing an election moves farther away. It is quite possible that by July 2017 that date will already have been changed by 5-6 years added on to it. Did he even give a reasonable excuse as to why elections can't be held next year this time? It would not surprise me if next year the people decide they have had enough and take to the streets again since nothing really has changed except for a little less visible corruption and stricter laws which have not really affected the bosses and has made many transfers to inactive posts.

Good at least this Government can keep the bloodshed at bay,I haven't seen anybody else has been done better! to end the bloodshed!

yeah, just don't get yourself rolled into a military detention center on LM charges and you'll probably come out breathing... coffee1.gif

It now seems that all the rhetoric about reform and reconciliation has been nothing more than hot air!

We're now being told that these guys are only going to draw up a blueprint!

As for the promised reforms, well their in the future (in the next 20 years).

Any hint of prosperity will just have to wait (just like the promised reforms) until Thais finally get choose their own government again.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha reiterated Friday night that his government would remain in the office until July 2017 unless something stops that from happening, like for instance, maybe a couple of more false flags, we are successful in stirring up the reds to cause unrest or China demands we stay on.

Is that what you really mean General/PM?

If I could be realistic, cynical call it what you want...but the military are going nowhere until they have orchestrated an orderly 'transition' after the event. The continual fudging, extending of dates is a result that few can predict the frailties of the human body.

I think thats coded enough to get through my meaning!

I can't bear to watch so does anyone know if he said ' at the earliest ' or ' at least ' and was he grinning, or suppressing one, as he spoke ?

Well, if you look at his track record so far. Whereas every 3-5 months the date of allowing an election moves farther away. It is quite possible that by July 2017 that date will already have been changed by 5-6 years added on to it. Did he even give a reasonable excuse as to why elections can't be held next year this time? It would not surprise me if next year the people decide they have had enough and take to the streets again since nothing really has changed except for a little less visible corruption and stricter laws which have not really affected the bosses and has made many transfers to inactive posts.

The only people taking to the streets at the moment are the ultra nationalist yellow shirts led by Issara waving placards outside the US Embassy and demanding Glynn Davies go home for his remarking on the LM laws, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

LOL good one Kid. As most of us have learned what is said in Thailand can not/should not be relied on for even a modicum of truth/follow through/honesty.

Thais seem to love to talk/plan/suggest/ etc. but doing, and, or implementing anything/much is elusive at best.

While there are many things I disagree with that this govt. has enacted, I would much rather have him/them running this country than the Shin marauders.

If I could be realistic, cynical call it what you want...but the military are going nowhere until they have orchestrated an orderly 'transition' after the event. The continual fudging, extending of dates is a result that few can predict the frailties of the human body.

I have read something that alludes to this from a US source.

I don't understand why ordinary Thai people put up with this.

He, and the real powerbrokers, stole the country from the people under a pretext and refuse to give it back.

This had nothing to do with saving Thailand

It was a pre-planned coup.

For personal control and of course financial gain.

A coup against an elected government is treason isn't it?

This'll give Yingluck something to discuss with the EU ( if they let her go)

But even if they don't the EU know what this guy is all about.

Innocent people were killed at the Erawan Shrine due to the bad policy decision by the government. That's blood on their hands.

Bloodshed continues in the South with the Malay-Thai insurgency due largely to a continued failure of the military to bring the insurgents to the peace table.

apart from the worst bomb attack in Thai history

unless theres another coup I dont see any other option, they could be there for quite a while yet I suspect. its silly that they feel they have to pretend nobody knows this

Sure, so hand over to a new Government, .... of which he or another hichahor will be in charge, defacto PM, or a different title?

These things are never pinned down in full, clear, explicit terms.

If anything is, it is changed gradually over time by "scope slipage" tricks, maneuvering around one little definition weak spot to alter the meaning, then working on the next little weak spot, etc, aka Chinese whispers. But now, not so subtle.

So the baton will be handed to a new govt in July 2017, MABYE !

Will the new govt be one chosen by the Thai people or him ?

After they get done "streamlining" the new constitution my money is on him. Another Burmese one full of hoops and hurdles no doubt. Are London bookies giving any odds on this?

Is all about power. Prem, Suchinda and now Prayuth, once in power, power corrupts and they all pushed to become PM.

All government officials are retiring between the age of 60-65 years and it great time that is should also be linked to any government officials.

It is high time that Thailand looks at the Indonesian model of how to move the generals out of politics but then again we are not permitted to talk about those peoples on this forum that hold the key.