45° elbow for high pressure blue pipe

TheCruncher

So I have a project which is in 1 1/4" blue pipe, the high pressure type 13.5 bar.

I need 2 elbow fittings at 45°, which of course should be of the same high pressure type.

Now you are not gonna believe me but it seems not available in Thailand.

I have visited 23 shops so far, from small to large and from Laem Chabang to Rayong and everything between, but in that size they doon't have the high pressure type in that particular size.

They have the 45° elbows in high pressure version in every size from 0.5" till 6", in gradual steps of 0.25", but not in 1 1/4". In that size they have only the low pressure version.

They have every other fitting you can dream about in high pressure version for said diameter of pipe, but not the 45° elbows.

My Kingdom for him who can help me out.

Thais is what I need in 1 1/4" or 35mm ts_45elbow.jpg

While this the only thing I can find in a radius of 40 km around my location 45_elbow.jpg

Any swimming pool shop should have these in stock. So should any major building supplies store (Boontavorn, Global House, Thai Watsadu etc).

Visited 2 home pro's, 1 Homeworks, 1 Thai watsadu, 2 hardware house's, 1 global house, 4 home marts and a Boonthavorn, all with negative result. They only had the low pressure version in that particular size.

So I had a phone call with Thai pipe this morning, and what they told me was astounishing.

They don't make that size in that shape.

They send me a PDF file. For those that don't read Thai, amendment no.2 says, we don't $#@%%^$$# make this.

22.pdf

They the sent me another email with a suggestion.

We do not made TS 45 elbow 35 mm. (1 ¼”)

You can replace it by TS 45 bend Class 13.5 1 ¼”

Please contact with our agent in area

Regards

Pongpeera

Look at the file they attached and tell me if you consider it to withstand anything even close to 13.5 Bar pressure.

33.pdf

The Cruncher is correct. Thai Pipe does not currently offer the 45 degree PVC pipe in 13.5 This morning I was looking at some new Makita Tools and I asked staff at a Buriram Builders Merchants to order that PVC. At first they said yes and then they called me late this afternoon to say it was not available from Thai Pipe.

post-20604-0-82083600-1448878779_thumb.j

So I had a phone call with Thai pipe this morning, and what they told me was astounishing.

They don't make that size in that shape.

They send me a PDF file. For those that don't read Thai, amendment no.2 says, we don't $#@%%^$$# make this.

attachicon.gif22.pdf

They the sent me another email with a suggestion.

We do not made TS 45 elbow 35 mm. (1 ¼”)

You can replace it by TS 45 bend Class 13.5 1 ¼”

Please contact with our agent in area

Regards[/

]

Pongpeera

Look at the file they attached and tell me if you consider it to withstand anything even close to 13.5 Bar pressure.

attachicon.gif33.pdf

If it's 13.5 bar, yes it will stand the pressure otherwise it wouldn't be rated as such.

The alternative is to terminate the pipe with a threaded coupling each side of a galvanised steel or bronze 45 threaded elbow.