Sophon vs True

Becker

I have just subscribed to a True package (sim card, TV, internet) but am seriously displeased with it due to getting charged for phone use I have not done (got a large bill for sending a number of SMS to the Czeck Republic). In addition the service and attitude at the True office in Big C Extra is very bad.

I had Sophon years ago and at that time the picture quality was very poor. Is it better today?

Sophon have a digital signal now so quality is good and more channels available though not as many as True. Just renewed my Siphon subscription for another year for 3600 baht and they threw in a free digi box. Paid 1500 baht for two more as have TV in three rooms and then had to pay their cable guy 1000 baht to replace all the cabling in our house as the old cables were not good enough for the digital signal though, as I understood it, this was not the norm.

charged for phone use I have not done (got a large bill for sending a number of SMS to the Czeck Republic

????

What kind of (smart)phone you have?

"Rooted"?

Obviously hacked, infected maybe by some dubious "app".

Nothing to do with True.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I agree the True shop at Big C extra has a horrible attitude.

That's the only True shop I use and I have never had any problems with them, though I cant say that I have had to contact them more a couple of times in all the years I have had my True SIM.

My understanding is that the user is not aware of sending SMS to the Czech republic?

If so: phone is hacked!!!

I haven't even sent an SMS inside Thailand. I do have Avast installed on the phone but I guess that's not 100% protection. Do you have any suggestions regarding what to do? DO I have to do a full factory reset?

I would also like some more thoughts on the Sophon TV signals.

Edited by Becker

• 4 weeks later...

My understanding is that the user is not aware of sending SMS to the Czech republic?

If so: phone is hacked!!!

I haven't even sent an SMS inside Thailand. I do have Avast installed on the phone but I guess that's not 100% protection. Do you have any suggestions regarding what to do? DO I have to do a full factory reset?

I would also like some more thoughts on the Sophon TV signals.

Any more thoughts on the Sophon TV signals vs True would be greatly appreciated before I go ahead and cancel True. Would you say that the best Sophon channels measure up to the non-HD true channels?

I went through the same situation, True's customer service is the absolute worst.

I now have Sophon, and the customer service has been great if there is a problem they come out the same day (except weekends). The internet has been brilliant, the TV, some times has some issues, butI'am much more happy with Sophon.TMn is another option but i don't know much about it

I went through the same situation, True's customer service is the absolute worst.

I now have Sophon, and the customer service has been great if there is a problem they come out the same day (except weekends). The internet has been brilliant, the TV, some times has some issues, butI'am much more happy with Sophon.TMn is another option but i don't know much about it

How would you rate the picture quality of Sophon compared to True, and can you also explain what you mean when you say the TV sometimes has issues?

Also, when I went to the Sophon office they said they did not supply an internet service?