What Do Thai Girls Expect From A Farang?

klink

Thank's Terry for the positive comment, rare on here lol ! It is a wet day here so I am relaxing on the pc.

I have only been to Thailand once, and read this website frequently, I have a very focused view of what I want/ don't want as stated, and have learned plenty in one visit and looking here.

My very first post on here was to ask peoples advice on moving there, as after visiting fell in love with the place, and to me the most beautifull woman on the planet, and believe me when you have been with them, English/ white woman seem well yuuuuuuuuuk.

I like to think I am older and wiser, and I did not get sucked under on that first visit, amongst the good time girls I did meet one really nice girl of 30, she looked more chinese than Thai, and sooooooooooooo good in the bedroom.

Now this girl took me everywhere, I had a fantastic time with her, to family/ flat in bkk, all around bkk, of course I paid for all, her favourite saying when out for dinner for 8 people, or whatever was "Farrang pay" a small anoyance really because all is so cheap ! At the end I felt sorry for her saying she loved me, crying at the airport, the full works.

I gave her my then e-mail and the love mails flowed, all from her, I never told her once I loved her ! then the mails started to get round to money !!!!!!! lol the rent for the flat in Bkk was behind, could I pay for english school, etc etc, and by the way I never told her once I was well off.

Well I told her " yes a lie" that I was struggeling for money, and could not pay those bills !

well I was not going to visit for another year !

You guessed right, I never heard from her to this day !!! did it bother me, no ! but I would have kept her as a friend.

If I can't retire to Australia, I am sure it will be Thailand, I loved all about it, and under no ilusion it will be a bed of roses ! I have no chance of ever learning the Lingo, But endless heat. wonderfull woman, food, etc etc, this I will never get in the Uk in my retirement.

A young mans view is going to be different from mine, he may well be looking for marriage/ love

Oh and the half cast girl I am seeing, she has allready told me at xmas it is all over, SHAME ! she is going to unversity up country !

But on the bright side T/land in 1st feb !!!! as one door closes, another opens.................

Have fun Iwill ......................Roy

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like to think I am older and wiser, and I did not get sucked under on that first visit, amongst the good time girls I did meet one really nice girl of 30, she looked more chinese than Thai, and sooooooooooooo good in the bedroom.

She looked more Chinese than Thai?

So she's better?

You're sure getting older.

Wiser, well... :o:D

She looked more Chinese than Thai?

So she's better?

You're sure getting older.

Wiser, well... :o:D

One thing one can be sure of on this forum, is a negative like you that will jump in and criticise !

get a life !

The LOS is one of the few places in the world where the avg. white fella is actually in that category, below the white female and Thai male on the food chain.

Interesting comment. May I ask why the white female is "ranked" above the average white fella ?

(Genuine question, btw, not being sarcastic. Oh dear - maybe that makes it worse ... :o . Anyway, asking out of genuine curiosity.)

Again, keep in mind these are very broad terms... hardly including 'all' individuals of any one group. There seems to be far fewer white gals who are bitter with their LOS experiences, fewer (IMO) that feel the need to reassure themselves (on these webforums for one) and each other that they are desireable, fewer that choose prostitutes as long term life partners, and finally they are more slightly free to dictate their long term existence here with the local legal environment.

:D

I'm amazed that any Thai woman would date a farang. Mom is as healthy as can be...until the daughter dates a farang, and mom needs hundreds of thousands of THB in special tests. Dad is going strong...until the daughter dates a farang, and he needs a heart, lung, and two knee transplants. The family farm is doing well...until the daughter dates a farang, and the beasts of burden dies quickly. It's so sad...especially for the farangs that fall for this nonsense.

It's so sad...especially for the farangs that fall for this nonsense.

What's sad is the amout of farangs that propogate this whole stereotype about money grubbing Thai women. They arrive here with a look of desperation on their faces, throwing money around like exchange rate millionaires in a bid to attract a woman whom they wind up marrying after way too short of a courtship.

A year later they're broke and agahst that the woman whom they tried to impress with their "riches", whom they spend a whole four weeks with before they married, was only after his money.

They get what they deserve. The majority of Thai women that they were too insecure to approach, or too much in a hurry to get to know do not deserve the slander these losers pile upon them.

First off, we are all not money grabbing little bitches, you know. :D

Yes, many Thai girls are seeking relationship with foreigners. First thing that came to mind is "Opposite attracts". Many white males find us attractive. And many of us find white males attractive too. And yes, better financial status is a part of the whole thing also. Another thing is that a lot of Thai girls believe are more faithful than Thai men - which I personally like to keep races out of it. Anyone can be a cheater.

Sometimes, it's difficult for Thai girls who have dated foreign men before to date Thai men. A good number of Thai men wouldn't touch Thai girls who have been with foreigners. So, if a Thai girl has dated a foreigner, her chance of hooking up with a Thai guy gets slimmer.

And last but not least, we believe that foreigners are better between the sheets. :D

So what do we expect? A nice loving caring handsome boyfriend/husband who is good in the sack. :o

This is one of the most sensible, realistic, and honest opinions I have ever heard in many years of people talking about something they really have no idea about, and I just had to say that.

I'm amazed that any Thai woman would date a farang. Mom is as healthy as can be...until the daughter dates a farang, and mom needs hundreds of thousands of THB in special tests. Dad is going strong...until the daughter dates a farang, and he needs a heart, lung, and two knee transplants. The family farm is doing well...until the daughter dates a farang, and the beasts of burden dies quickly. It's so sad...especially for the farangs that fall for this nonsense.

mate, :D

some farang are real dumb arse, pathetic human beings and who could ever blame a thai girl for taking them to the cleaners.

when these cats get ripped off blind i have zero sympathy as they deserve there fate. :D

B.T.W.,

this is not limited to los as its a national pastime here in aussie with slappers ripping of silly punters.

only difference is the stakes are higher as the smart slapper usually gets the dudes superanuation check, his house and car.

if the dude gets the dog he's doing well. :D

be careful all you silly punters. :D

cheers :o

Hi,

I totally agree with LovelyCutie.

Well, I think many farangs got a wrong idea about Thai girls who are looking for a farang relationship. Yes, some Thai girls may look for farangs for money. As a regular Thai girl, I believe not everyone is looking for a farang just for money or comfortable life. Many of them just feel that they like farang. It's just a feeling inside that tells them that farangs are their soulmates. Some may have bad experiences about Thai guys; so they feel that farangs are better than Thais. Some may feel that farangs are more romantic than thais; while many find farang more attractive.

Many well-educated thai girls can make money by their own. They don't care about money from the guys. Take a look at a nice Thai girl. You'll eventually find out that what she expects from you is just love, understanding and sincerity. So please understand that many Thai girls who are looking for farangs is just for sincere love, not money.

This also is something most foreigners, even the ones that have been here for years, have absolutely no clue to the fact that this is in fact the truth and will argue that it is not. In fact I just showed a friend this post and he began to dissagree so I called him stupid idiot and said that he was just like the rest of the stupid idiots that have no clue.

Thank you Clearskyinbkk

Edited by moodang

First off, we are all not money grabbing little bitches, you know. :D

Yes, many Thai girls are seeking relationship with foreigners. First thing that came to mind is "Opposite attracts". Many white males find us attractive. And many of us find white males attractive too. And yes, better financial status is a part of the whole thing also. Another thing is that a lot of Thai girls believe are more faithful than Thai men - which I personally like to keep races out of it. Anyone can be a cheater.

Sometimes, it's difficult for Thai girls who have dated foreign men before to date Thai men. A good number of Thai men wouldn't touch Thai girls who have been with foreigners. So, if a Thai girl has dated a foreigner, her chance of hooking up with a Thai guy gets slimmer.

And last but not least, we believe that foreigners are better between the sheets. :D

So what do we expect? A nice loving caring handsome boyfriend/husband who is good in the sack. :o

This is one of the most sensible, realistic, and honest opinions I have ever heard in many years of people talking about something they really have no idea about, and I just had to say that.

Quite the opposite in fact, mate. I found it rather vague, with the regular sweeping generalizations and stereotypes typical of this thread.

That was the most sensible...etc etc. you've heard "IN MANY YEARS"...? where ya been lately fella?

Thank's Terry for the positive comment, rare on here lol ! It is a wet day here so I am relaxing on the pc.

I have only been to Thailand once, and read this website frequently, I have a very focused view of what I want/ don't want as stated, and have learned plenty in one visit and looking here.

My very first post on here was to ask peoples advice on moving there, as after visiting fell in love with the place, and to me the most beautifull woman on the planet, and believe me when you have been with them, English/ white woman seem well yuuuuuuuuuk.

Now this girl took me everywhere, I had a fantastic time with her, to family/ flat in bkk, all around bkk, of course I paid for all, her favourite saying when out for dinner for 8 people, or whatever was "Farrang pay" a small anoyance really because all is so cheap ! At the end I felt sorry for her saying she loved me, crying at the airport, the full works.

I gave her my then e-mail and the love mails flowed, all from her, I never told her once I loved her ! then the mails started to get round to money !!!!!!! lol the rent for the flat in Bkk was behind, could I pay for english school, etc etc, and by the way I never told her once I was well off.

Well I told her " yes a lie" that I was struggeling for money, and could not pay those bills !

well I was not going to visit for another year !

You guessed right, I never heard from her to this day !!! did it bother me, no ! but I would have kept her as a friend.

If I can't retire to Australia, I am sure it will be Thailand, I loved all about it, and under no ilusion it will be a bed of roses ! I have no chance of ever learning the Lingo, But endless heat. wonderfull woman, food, etc etc, this I will never get in the Uk in my retirement.

A young mans view is going to be different from mine, he may well be looking for marriage/ love

Oh and the half cast girl I am seeing, she has allready told me at xmas it is all over, SHAME ! she is going to unversity up country !

But on the bright side T/land in 1st feb !!!! as one door closes, another opens.................

Have fun Iwill ......................Roy

i'll give you the big tip roy the boy, :D

aussie is getting very expensive these days and realestate has gone beserk in the last 12 months.

your pounds are worth gold here but you still need <deleted> loads if you want to buy something.

the secret to life is to buy a unit in aussie and devide your time between aussie and los.

cant go wrong mate.

one things for sure, you will never have a woman in aussie like you will have in los and thats a fact jack. :D

cheers mate :o

Hi,

Well, I think many farangs got a wrong idea about Thai girls who are looking for a farang relationship. Yes, some Thai girls may look for farangs for money. As a regular Thai girl, I believe not everyone is looking for a farang just for money or comfortable life. Many of them just feel that they like farang. It's just a feeling inside that tells them that farangs are their soulmates. Some may have bad experiences about Thai guys; so they feel that farangs are better than Thais. Some may feel that farangs are more romantic than thais; while many find farang more attractive.

Many well-educated thai girls can make money by their own. They don't care about money from the guys. Take a look at a nice Thai girl. You'll eventually find out that what she expects from you is just love, understanding and sincerity. So please understand that many Thai girls who are looking for farangs is just for sincere love, not money.

This also is something most foreigners, even the ones that have been here for years, have absolutely no clue to the fact that this is in fact the truth and will argue that it is not. In fact I just showed a friend this post and he began to dissagree so I called him stupid idiot and said that he was just like the rest of the stupid idiots that have no clue.

Thank you Clearskyinbkk

miss sky,

your post is a wonderful example of common sense working at its best.

the trouble is that many farang think they can meet a girl in a bar and she will love him. :D

maybe she will, but for all the wrong reasons and its doomed to fail. :D

what you have said is what i have realised for a very long time.

one must make an effort to meet a genuine thai girl as they are certainly available if a man is prepared to spend time and effort to meet one.

these men that meet and marry a girl after 2 months are insane and deserving of what ever comes there way.

a farang would be very lucky to meet a thai female such as your self and if i am lucky i might one day.

cheers miss sky. :o

Ah, Heng's racist hierarchy is back. But isn't it somewhat off-topic, whether or not a straight white female mod or a gay white male mod or anyone else gets worked up over racism?

"Steven"

what are you talking about steven as you've totally lost me on your post. ?

try explaining your meaning in lay mans terms please. :D

cheers :o

Quite the opposite in fact, mate. I found it rather vague, with the regular sweeping generalizations and stereotypes typical of this thread.

That was the most sensible...etc etc. you've heard "IN MANY YEARS"...? where ya been lately fella?

Been right here in Thailand buddy, yes it does have many generalizations that are true, but the thing is it is part of the bigger picture buddy. I went to a uni and have been here for many years since I left the uni and I do know what I am talking about from a viewpoint of someone who doesnt know what its like to be a tourist.

ok no more quotes from me, dont want this too turn into more of a playground than it already is

Edited by moodang

miss sky,

your post is a wonderful example of common sense working at its best.

the trouble is that many farang think they can meet a girl in a bar and she will love him. :D

maybe she will, but for all the wrong reasons and its doomed to fail. :D

what you have said is what i have realised for a very long time.

one must make an effort to meet a genuine thai girl as they are certainly available if a man is prepared to spend time and effort to meet one.

these men that meet and marry a girl after 2 months are insane and deserving of what ever comes there way.

a farang would be very lucky to meet a thai female such as your self and if i am lucky i might one day.

cheers miss sky. :o

Hi Terry,

Sure, you will meet a nice Thai lady one day Terry or probably you may have already met one. You seem to understand Thai girls well. You are right. A normal Thai girl is, of course, available if a man is willing to spend time and effort to get to know her. She may need more time to consider if the guy is really serious about relationship or he just looks for a short-term relationship. I think if two persons have gradually got to know each other, at the end of the day, they will know if they are a perfect match.

Well, there are many normal girls going to bars, particularly at a Friday night after a hard long week. These girls are different from those working in the bars. I'm not saying they are better but i just want to say that they have many different ways of thinking and living. So if a farang guy is seeking a nice Thai girl in a bar and expects a sincere love from her, it is absolutely possible. It’s just that the two need more time to get to know and understand each other.

Cheers!

Sky

Hi,

Thank you Clearskyinbkk

Thank you very much Modaeng for you comment. Although what i was saying is totally true, I was not expecting anyone to agree with me. So your stupid friend did not surprise me as i know well that everyone has different point of view based on their experience and background. Anyway, I'm really glad that at least I have you and terry who understand what i way trying to say and agree with me.

Cheers!

Sky

Well, there are many normal girls going to bars, particularly at a Friday night after a hard long week. These girls are different from those working in the bars. I'm not saying they are better but i just want to say that they have many different ways of thinking and living. So if a farang guy is seeking a nice Thai girl in a bar and expects a sincere love from her, it is absolutely possible. It’s just that the two need more time to get to know and understand each other.

Not to take away from the above, but it might even be better to avoid the bars, restaurants, beer gardens and the like entirely. This goes for both guys and gals, whether farang or Thai. Take some classes, get another degree or maybe do a mini MBA. Learn how to speak ..... whatever language. Learn how to cook something new... You might find the folks you meet there more interesting and with more in common with you than you would maybe expect.

:o

Well, you choose the boyfriends! :D

Not that I'm complaining though. Because I have a good job so I can support myself and get the folks something every now and then. Never asked anyone to do any of those things and never plan on starting. :D

Thai girl bashing? Me? :D Usually the other way round. :D

Nah, that was generally speaking. You know how it tends to happen. :D

PMSL Elsie .....so how come there are so many Thai girls with the typical Falang ..... fat, obnoxious, p*ssed up, ugly, loud, smelly, smokey, fashion terrorist, with a pencil between his legs that can only function with the aid of Cialis or Viagra?

That would give me a nightmare! :o

I think not everyone has so many choices due to looks, education, background, language skills, life style, job, social circle, etc.

She brings up quite possibly the most valid point I have seen in this disscussion. Pepole are limited to what their options are. If she is some plain looking, destitute, chilli farmer from a disfunctional family in Issan. Her options are pretty much limited to a Thai man from a similar back ground, or the grosteque example of the "Typical Falang"(as Bodypaul so put it). They choose either.

What Blows me away however is how many forgineers come here and forget this simple rule. Like for exsample, I'm a pretty decent catch, yes I do have baggage, a prior marragie to a American woman from which I have a 7 yr old boy, But I'm young, not hard to look at, and I am rapidly approaching complete financial independance (ie were work is a option not a obligation). That being said when I look for a woman for anything more serious than a play thing, they need to be of a certain caliber.

She brings up quite possibly the most valid point I have seen in this discussion. People are limited to what their options are. If she is some plain looking, destitute, chili farmer from a dysfunctional family in Issan. Her options are pretty much limited to a Thai man from a similar back ground, or the grotesque example of the "Typical Falang"(as Bodypaul so put it). They choose either.

What Blows me away however is how many foreigners come here and forget this simple rule. Like for example, I'm a pretty decent catch, yes I do have baggage, a prior marriage to a American woman from which I have a 7 yr old boy, But I'm young, not hard to look at, and I am rapidly approaching complete financial independence (ie were work is a option not a obligation). That being said when I look for a woman for anything more serious than a play thing, they need to be of a certain caliber.

For example, I'm not gonna run up in some corner bar cum strip club, around my old way in Philly, and hook up with some welfare momma with 5 "Baby Fatha's" and 150 men's numbers in her mobile. Nor will I drive out to the nearest tailor park out in the middle of no were to hook up with some red neck inbred, meth smoking, broke azz, high school drop out trash either. I will instead try and look for someone at or above my level.

Why do so many farang, that have choices, have options, come here and snatch up the Thai equivalent of these dregs??? Like this Sweed kid here, watch him come here and get hooked up with some bar girl and wrapped up in her sob story. It's like we trash our own women and come here to save their trash.

For What???

Don't forget guys, you have options. Shoot for about 2 levels above what you would consider your self worthy of back in the States or wherever your from and you will do just fine.

Not to take away from the above, but it might even be better to avoid the bars, restaurants, beer gardens and the like entirely. This goes for both guys and gals, whether farang or Thai. Take some classes, get another degree or maybe do a mini MBA. Learn how to speak ..... whatever language. Learn how to cook something new... You might find the folks you meet there more interesting and with more in common with you than you would maybe expect.

Good advice.

Nice to learn the same advice counts for the Thai.......

If the Thai middle- and upper-class would avoid all the exclusive 'massage-parlours and clubs', bars and restaurants -and study instead- a lot of them would have to close down, wouldn't they? :o

But, it would benefit Thai society in general, that's correct.

However, how to change Thai society and their 'cultural' behaviour?

There's a very old saying in the European West:

"Change the world for the better.....................and start with yourself"

LaoPo :D

well you've had/ have an irish b/f im guessing

:o ...I've never been in the marine, man, maybe that's why I'm missing the point.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

It's so sad...especially for the farangs that fall for this nonsense.

What's sad is the amout of farangs that propogate this whole stereotype about money grubbing Thai women. They arrive here with a look of desperation on their faces, throwing money around like exchange rate millionaires in a bid to attract a woman whom they wind up marrying after way too short of a courtship.

A year later they're broke and agahst that the woman whom they tried to impress with their "riches", whom they spend a whole four weeks with before they married, was only after his money.

They get what they deserve. The majority of Thai women that they were too insecure to approach, or too much in a hurry to get to know do not deserve the slander these losers pile upon them.

Wow! It is funny because if you read yours and backflips comments they are the same. They are both BS AND the truth depending on where you hang out and who you're talking to.

The funny thing is there is not one right answer to the questions on this post. Only individuals opinions. All those opinions are a result of experiences and personal preferences. Because of this they are all right. Give good get good (usually)! Ignore others experiences at your own peril. But if you listen to them weigh them in the context of their life. Tough to do on forum. Maybe over a couple hundred beers however.

IMHO, relationships are based on one of three things,

SEX

MONEY

RELIGION (common beleif)

Just one of those three things? Not all three together? Or two out of three? Wow! What kind of relationships have you had? Pretty simplistic. Oh, by the way, have you ever heard of companionship?