Gyms In Phuket

sunluvr

3 in Patong.

1. 80 meters from Subway (cnr of sai nam yen and rat u thid 200 pee rd).

2. Thailife: behind Taipan (nice place) My Pick

3. on the way out to Karon from Patong (on that no through rd on the left before you get to the turnoff to go up the hill to Karon. (a little old, but ??

i think no.1 on Tornado's list is the gym i go to, Patong Gym http://www.phuketgym-patong.com/

Its not fancy but it has everything you need. I think they advertise 1 month's membership as 1,500 but i'm sure you can bargain it down as longer term memberships are quite a lot cheaper.

I agree, good gym. I used to go early at about 7am before work and the cleaner was always vacuuming or cleaning and it put me off my work out. Its hard to bench 400 pounds when someone is vacuuming next to you..... thats my excuse anyway. :o

anytime after 9am would be ok.

thanks, might have to check out Fit Club. I don't mind using Patong Gym, as its cheap as chips, but it can sometimes smell a bit funky and there's not enough room to swing a cat.

from the pics on their website, Fit Club might be a bit more spacious.

heres the URL if anyone else is interested:

http://www.fitclubphuket.bravehost.com/

I was training at TaiLife for a few months, nice gym and nice staff, does anybody know what happened to theyre website? it doesnt seem to exist anymore?

thanks, might have to check out Fit Club. I don't mind using Patong Gym, as its cheap as chips, but it can sometimes smell a bit funky and there's not enough room to swing a cat.

from the pics on their website, Fit Club might be a bit more spacious.

heres the URL if anyone else is interested:

http://www.fitclubphuket.bravehost.com/

Tai life has just been taken over. they will be open again in a few days i suspect. the new owners are english and seem like nice blokes.

i went there the other day. lovely gym with lovely staff and nice pool area down stairs. thats my pick for what its worth.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any gym/fitness club in Kathu or Phuket Town?

I'm only aware of Easy Fitness Center. They probably have the largest collection of Cybex machines on the island, but practially no freeweights other than a few light dumbells. Membership is for 3-month at a time.

I heard about one near the gas station on the road over the hill to Patong but haven't been able to find it.

Thanks.

there are a few more i know of in Phuket Town:

Club Asia Fitness, which is in the Royal Phuket City Hotel. Lots of good equipment and also a swimming pool, but not that cheap at around 2,000/month and 7,000 joining fee.

The Royal Spa, which is in Sam Kong, have recently refurbished their gym and is now a bit bigger than it was before. I think its somethign like 3,000 to join, and 1,500/month. I remember u used to be able to pay 100 per time which doesnt work out too bad if u don't go everyday. They have a pool but u can't really swim any distance, just big enough to relax in.

If u want a really cheap gym check out the one at Surakul stadium. its a public gym and u only pay 20 per time. looked a bit rusty when i poked my head in there though.

Thanks, TYG. I'll check out Royal Spa. Just looking for a fun place to work out.

I'm only around for another month. I was going to Easy Fitness, but they don't have much free weights, not even a single bench press or barbell set. Not even a pull-up bar. Very friendly staff. Most of the time, I saw some teenagers, a few women, and maybe one or two guys. No one really serious about working out. It's hard to stay longer than an hour without falling asleep. But they do have lots of fancy machines. You can buy 20 visits for about 3,800bhat.

Cheers

• 7 months later...

If you are staying close to Nai Harn Beach, we have got 10 pairs of IVANKO dumbbells from 5 - 50 lb, adjustable incline benches, an olympic size flat bench press and plates, olympic size EZ curl bar, sit-up benches, Life Fitness Leg curl/extention machine and a Life Fitness Lat Pulldown, low row combo with extra triceps rope attachment. We have bars to do pull-ups as well. Everything you need for your routine unless you need very heavy weights, heavier dumbbells and a squat rack that we don't yet have. You can use the Oly bar to do squats.

Photos on www.sinbi-muaythai.com on the training page and in the gallery.

If you only want to do weight training and no Muay Thai, we can give you a special rate for it, let me know.

Hi All,

I agree about the HIlton. They have day, week and month rates. The grounds are amazing, swiming pools, squash and the gym always smells clean and fresh. Sauna and steam as well.

Does patong gym or any other, have calf machine? most gyms in thailand don't have it

Hi All,

I agree about the HIlton. They have day, week and month rates. The grounds are amazing, swiming pools, squash and the gym always smells clean and fresh. Sauna and steam as well.

Does patong gym or any other, have calf machine? most gyms in thailand don't have it

yea they do

You can also use leg press for calves.

BTW Easy Fitness Centre in Kathu have lots of free weights now

Thanks, but you can't. Calf is kind of muscle that won't get huge by doing reps or other leg machine. You need to do load of heavyweights with calf machine only

I'll have to check out the Hilton at Karon, but I'm going to second the recommendation for the gym at Royal Phuket City in downtown Phuket. It is by far the best gym I have been to in Thailand. It has a wide range of equipment, is fairly large, and has air-con all the time.

The Patong Gym is barely passable. Great location & reasonable rates, but it rarely has the air-con on, is rather cramped for all the stuff it has in there, and has mediocre equipment. Plus, I probably won't forget them spraying WD-40 on the bars as if it is appropriate cleaning fluid.

Frank

i think no.1 on Tornado's list is the gym i go to, Patong Gym http://www.phuketgym-patong.com/

Its not fancy but it has everything you need. I think they advertise 1 month's membership as 1,500 but i'm sure you can bargain it down as longer term memberships are quite a lot cheaper.

I agree, good gym. I used to go early at about 7am before work and the cleaner was always vacuuming or cleaning and it put me off my work out. Its hard to bench 400 pounds when someone is vacuuming next to you..... thats my excuse anyway. :o

anytime after 9am would be ok.

400 pounds, that's lot of weight? how did you get that far? You must be large guy in frame, or densely muscled?

I tried to PM you, buy didn't go through. I started bodybuilding 3 months ago, i'm hardly 5'5" only and weight 160Lbs. I can bench press 200 Lbs only. I use optimum whey 100% protein as only supplement. I'm looking for some tips on how i can become much stonger and put on much more body weight close to 190-200 Lbs, if possible without taking very strong stroids. I'm moving to phuket end this month and looking to team up with some pro B.B to gain more experiance specialy on supplemention

Edited by BKKDUDE

400 pounds, that's lot of weight? how did you get that far? You must be large guy in frame, or densely muscled?

I tried to PM you, buy didn't go through. I started bodybuilding 3 months ago, i'm hardly 5'5" only and weight 160Lbs. I can bench press 200 Lbs only. I use optimum whey 100% protein as only supplement. I'm looking for some tips on how i can become much stonger and put on much more body weight close to 190-200 Lbs, if possible without taking very strong stroids. I'm moving to phuket end this month and looking to team up with some pro B.B to gain more experiance specialy on supplemention

Team up with some pro bodybuilder........very unlikely. What is possible is to find a "big guy" in the gym and ask if you can train with them, they may need a spotter etc, and go from there.

Team up with some pro bodybuilder........very unlikely. What is possible is to find a "big guy" in the gym and ask if you can train with them, they may need a spotter etc, and go from there.

You look massive in profile pic. Also what i saw last time in patong was, plenty of extraordinary physics. Seems phuket is becoming popular destination for bodybuilders than elsewhere in thailand including pattaya

I remeber patong gym selling low protein shakes for 100 bhat. Can someone tell me if i can buy quality proteins 10.7lbs bags like optimum somewhere in phuket? i don't want to bring them over with me, if i don't have to

You look massive in profile pic. Also what i saw last time in patong was, plenty of extraordinary physics. Seems phuket is becoming popular destination for bodybuilders than elsewhere in thailand including pattaya

I remeber patong gym selling low protein shakes for 100 bhat. Can someone tell me if i can buy quality proteins 10.7lbs bags like optimum somewhere in phuket? i don't want to bring them over with me, if i don't have to

^^^^

Back in 04' I was in Phuket and was training at patong gym, I was 21 and my eyes were opened to some impressive physiques. Thailand is the perfect place to train for many reasons, and Phuket is a great place in Thailand. As far as protein powder if i recall, it is extreemly expensive in Thailand, to the point of it not being worth your money. I put on 15kg's of lean body mass over there with just lots of quality Thai food......Not one shake in over 3 months.