Neo-Nazi shocks pool visitors with offensive concentration camp tattoo

webfact

Neo-Nazi shocks pool visitors with offensive concentration camp tattoo
Staff writer

ORANIENBURG: -- A man with an extremely offensive tattoo of a concentration camp has been kicked out of a water park in the east-German town of Oranienburg on Sunday.

The Bild Zeitung in Germany revealed on Monday that the man, who appears to be in his 20s, is thought to be a member of the extreme right German national Democratic Party.

The photo, taken by a shocked visitor of the TURM Erlebnis City water park, shows the concentration camp of Buchenwald near Weimar in east Germany with the saying 'Jedem das seine', which means 'to each his own' - or, more figuratively - 'everyone gets what they deserve'.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/neonazi-shocks-pool-visitors-with-offensive-concentration-camp-tattoo-20151201-glceky.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2015-12-01

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is such an odd anomaly. Western democracies are proud of their freedom of speech and freedom of expression....unless that speech or expression is about Jewish themes. Then, nobody can say anything.

Why is that?

Not a rhetorical question, and not one seeking emotive answers. Just rational answers. (Hint: key word "rational".)

I can stand on my soap box and announce that I hate (Christians, Muslims, gays....). But I can not say anything against Jews.

I don't understand the inconsistency.

Dear Mr. Seastallion,

I think you missed the point. Maybe you try to read the article again and switch on your brain to find the word you are sensible about. Maybe you do not find it, because it is not in the article?! This you may call inconsistent.

Edited by Aachen

This is such an odd anomaly. Western democracies are proud of their freedom of speech and freedom of expression....unless that speech or expression is about Jewish themes. Then, nobody can say anything.

Why is that?

Not a rhetorical question, and not one seeking emotive answers. Just rational answers. (Hint: key word "rational".)

I can stand on my soap box and announce that I hate (Christians, Muslims, gays....). But I can not say anything against Jews.

I hope we can discuss this rationally as I believe this topic could be important. Personally, I do believe that hate speech should not be condoned. Not necessarily illegal (except in very limited circumstances), but not condoned nor encouraged. Nazi symbolism is considered hate speech by many, particularly in the west. You can't stop individuals from exercising their freedom of expression, but those in leadership positions absolutely cannot condone it (listening Mr. D. Trump?). This is where being politically correct is preferred in our top leaders.

At the same time, a Charlie Hebdo cartoon which may be considered hate speech by Muslims should receive the same level of scrutiny. Or are we only criticizing what the west considers hate speech? Just saying....

Dear Mr. Seastallion,

I think you missed the point. Maybe you try to read the article again and switch on your brain to find the word you are sensible about. Maybe you do not find it, because it is not in the article?! This you may call inconsistent.

Enlighten me as to the point I missed, please.

Guy has a tattoo that says "each to his own" (or interpreted as "They get what they deserve"...must be a German idiosyncrasy because I can't see how the one equates to the other...no matter), and he is asked to leave a public place.

Seems like discrimination and suppression of freedom of expression.

Please enlighten me.

Why is that?

I hope we can discuss this rationally as I believe this topic could be important. Personally, I do believe that hate speech should not be condoned. Not necessarily illegal (except in very limited circumstances), but not condoned nor encouraged. Nazi symbolism is considered hate speech by many, particularly in the west. You can't stop individuals from exercising their freedom of expression, but those in leadership positions absolutely cannot condone it (listening Mr. D. Trump?). This is where being politically correct is preferred in our top leaders.

At the same time, a Charlie Hebdo cartoon which may be considered hate speech by Muslims should receive the same level of scrutiny. Or are we only criticizing what the west considers hate speech? Just saying....

I'm all for rational.

Why is that?

That's a fair-minded reply to a vexed question.

Why is that?

Why on earth would you want to stand on a box to say anything against anybody at all man?

what's is with you that the Jews are like a bug up your pants? we get it, you hate Jews and everything about them and Israel as well, you have made it abundantly clear in many of your posts, you're always carrying one about Israel this and that and about the Jews, get a life man, and just so you know, in them concentrations camps, not only Jews were incinerated Ok? there were other nationalities that the Nazis deemed to be useless and unworthy of living and they too were incinerated together with the Jews...

Why is that?

Why on earth would you want to stand on a box to say anything against anybody at all man?

what's is with you that the Jews are like a bug up your pants? we get it, you hate Jews

and everything about them and Israel as well, you have made it abundantly clear in many of your posts,

you're always

carrying one about Israel this and that and about the Jews, get a life man,

and just so you know, in them concentrations camps, not only Jews were incinerated Ok?

there were other nationalities that the Nazis deemed to be useless and unworthy of living

and they too were incinerated together with the Jews...

Finally here.

I thought the resident Zionists were sleeping late this morning.

Why is that?

You aren't going to hear a logical defense of such practice, because there isn't one.

Why is that?

what's is with you that the Jews are like a bug up your pants? we get it, you hate Jews and everything about them and Israel as well, you have made it abundantly clear in many of your posts, you're always carrying one about Israel this and that and about the Jews, get a life man, and just so you know, in them concentrations camps, not only Jews were incinerated Ok? there were other nationalities that the Nazis deemed to be useless and unworthy of living and they too were incinerated together with the Jews...

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So funny on a few levels.

First and foremost your first sentence....this coming from a guy who DAILY stands on his soapbox (this forum) to say things against lots of people....Obama, Muslims, Palestinians, fellow members...et al.

Jews are not a bug up my pants...if you had reading comprehension, you'd understand that.

Your accusation that I hate Jews is false and offensive. Try to understand...I despise special treatment for any group, but particularly for a group that actively tries to sustain a victim mentality in an appeal to special treatment. That's not hate for the group, it's despising the special treatment.

Israel is off-topic. I'd love to respond to you about it...but it's verbotten in this thread.

Your last point...I have witnessed your irrationality many times and this is just another one.

DaddyWarbucks, on 01 Dec 2015 - 11:03, said:
ezzra, on 01 Dec 2015 - 11:01, said:
Seastallion, on 01 Dec 2015 - 10:20, said:

Why is that?

what's is with you that the Jews are like a bug up your pants? we get it, you hate Jews

and everything about them and Israel as well, you have made it abundantly clear in many of your posts,

you're always

carrying one about Israel this and that and about the Jews, get a life man,

and just so you know, in them concentrations camps, not only Jews were incinerated Ok?

there were other nationalities that the Nazis deemed to be useless and unworthy of living

and they too were incinerated together with the Jews...

Finally here.

I thought the resident Zionists were sleeping late this morning.

And always here, and will be for along time, to spite the haters and the misanthrope and the loathers....

Seastallion, on 01 Dec 2015 - 11:20, said:

Why is that?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

First and foremost your first sentence....this coming from a guy who DAILY stands on his soapbox (this forum) to say things against lots of people....Obama, Muslims, Palestinians, fellow members...et al.

Jews are not a bug up my pants...if you had reading comprehension, you'd understand that.

Your accusation that I hate Jews is false and offensive. Try to understand...I despise special treatment for any group, but particularly for a group that actively tries to sustain a victim mentality in an appeal to special treatment. That's not hate for the group, it's despising the special treatment.

Israel is off-topic. I'd love to respond to you about it...but it's verbotten in this thread.

Your last point...I have witnessed your irrationality many times and this is just another one.

Laugh all you want, why is it than smarty pants, you are the only one to include in your posts a references to Jews and Israel?

take this post for an example, dose this post mention anywhere Jews? yet, you complain that there is no way

one can say any ting derogatory about the Jews, and yet here you're, saying something derogatory against Jews

and not being able to mentions Jews without being criticized, who is off topic now?,

Why is that?

I'm all for rational.

DELETED FWIW I'm against censorship of any sort, let the scum identify themselves through their actions. Incidentally try burning a Quran in any European town if you want to see who really has protected status, which is completely contrary to your initial remarks.

Why is that?

You need to bring yourself into the Millenium, you would not be able to say you hate muslims or gays but you would get away saying you hate Christians. Thousands of examples of people being arrested, fined, imprisoned for saying something on faceache or other media.

Why is that?

You need to bring yourself into the Millenium, you would not be able to say you hate muslims or gays but you would get away saying you hate Christians. Thousands of examples of people being arrested, fined, imprisoned for saying something on faceache or other media.

Hmmmm, there are an awful lot of Americans who have intense dislike for Muslims and gays and they're not shy about expressing their feelings.

Why is that?

You will recall German security agencies are concerned about the escalating right wing anti-immigrant sentiment and rhetoric calling for violence, it's not just anti-Semitic issues that are of concern. A link to which I understand is relevant German legislation is below, of which a number of people on his forum are in breach.

Incitement of the People (Volksverhetzung)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volksverhetzung

Edited by simple1

Seastallion, on 01 Dec 2015 - 11:20, said:

Why is that?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Laugh all you want, why is it than smarty pants, you are the only one to include in your posts a references to Jews and Israel?

take this post for an example, dose this post mention anywhere Jews? yet, you complain that there is no way

one can say any ting derogatory about the Jews, and yet here you're, saying something derogatory against Jews

and not being able to mentions Jews without being criticized, who is off topic now?,

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Actually, "smarty pants" YOU are the one who introduced Israel to the thread. Completely off-topic.

Any subject to do with "offense" + "Buchenwald" + "neo-nazi", it is more than reasonable, in fact almost imperative to think of Jews. But not Israel.

Please, quote the derogatory thing I said about Jews.

Go on...quote me.

Otherwise...shoosh, or apologise.

I think the theme that is often missed these days is the difference between county's charters that guantee "Freedom of Speach" and the right of a business owner to boot you out if you are rude, offensive and making trouble.

If I own a pub, and you walk in with a swatika, and people are upset (including me), I have the right to decide that "Your patronage is simply more trouble than it is worth" ... and show you the door.

If you resist ... well then ... Game On.

You have freedom of speach on public property, that luxury ends at my front door.

I think the theme that is often missed these days is the difference between county's charters that guantee "Freedom of Speach" and the right of a business owner to boot you out if you are rude, offensive and making trouble.

If I own a pub, and you walk in with a swatika, and people are upset (including me), I have the right to decide that "Your patronage is simply more trouble than it is worth" ... and show you the door.

If you resist ... well then ... Game On.

You have freedom of speach on public property, that luxury ends at my front door.

Agree...your front door is yours to say who enters it.

I daresay nobody except the local yobos woulde bat an eyelid if you bounced a swastika-wearing person.

What do you think would happen if an obviously ultra-orthodox Jew got banned at your door (not saying you would, but lets just say...) because some patrons were upset at his appearance?

Why is that?

I can stand on my soap box and announce that I hate (Christians, Muslims, gays). . .
Better use your soapbox for firewood. In the UK, expressions of hatred toward someone on account of that person's colour, race, nationality (including citizenship), ethnic or national origin, religion, or sexual orientation can result in a fine, imprisonment, or both.

Guy has a tattoo that says "each to his own" (or interpreted as "They get what they deserve"...must be a German idiosyncrasy because I can't see how the one equates to the other...no matter), and he is asked to leave a public place.

Please enlighten me.

If you wish to treat it as a meaningless, out of context phrase, it would only be further proof of your usual bias. These were the words appearing over Buchenwald's gate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedem_das_Seine

Actually, "smarty pants" YOU are the one who introduced Israel to the thread. Completely off-topic.

Any subject to do with "offense" + "Buchenwald" + "neo-nazi", it is more than reasonable, in fact almost imperative to think of Jews. But not Israel.

Go on...quote me.

So "Offense" + "Buchenwald" + "neo-Nazi" makes it almost imperative to think of Jews....and no doubt, on another Holocaust related topic, you'll be at the forefront, complaining how others who were targeted and murdered by the Nazis do not get enough recognition. Have a read and clear some of the apparent fuzziness over who were imprisoned and killed at Buchenwald:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buchenwald_concentration_camp

Making it a topic about Jews is your own creation and reflects your usual bias and obsession.

Please enlighten me.

If you wish to treat it as a meaningless, out of context phrase, it would only be further proof of your usual bias. These were the words appearing over Buchenwald's gate.

Go on...quote me.

So "Offense" + "Buchenwald" + "neo-Nazi" makes it almost imperative to think of Jews....and no doubt, on another Holocaust related topic, you'll be at the forefront, complaining how others who were targeted and murdered by the Nazis do not get enough recognition. Have a read and clear some of the apparent fuzziness over who were imprisoned and killed at Buchenwald:

Making it a topic about Jews is your own creation and reflects your usual bias and obsession.

Have a read of the link you provided regarding "To each his own", and see that many think the phrase is harmless as it has been used by large companies for advertising campaigns, if it were not for German Council of Jews objecting to it.

So, this is proof of my bias? Very shaky proof of something unclear. What bias would that be, pray tell?

I don't think you should predict what I would be at the forefront of.....your not very good at it, and it is projecting somewhat.

I did not make it a topic about Jews. I quite rightly mentioned Jews, and some people tried to take me to task about it, as you are too, Hows that?

Jedem das Seine has been an idiomatic German expression for several centuries. For example, it is found in the works of Martin Luther and contemporaries. It appears in the title of a cantata by Johann Sebastian Bach, Nur jedem das Seine ("Let all be paid duly"), first performed at Weimar in 1715.

Several modern advertising campaigns in the German language, including ads for Nokia, REWE grocery stores, Burger King, and Merkur Bank have been marred by controversy after using the phrase Jedem das Seine or Jedem den Seinen.

Edited by BangkokRulez

Please enlighten me.

Go on...quote me.

Have a read of the link you provided regarding "To each his own", and see that many think the phrase is harmless as it has been used by large companies for advertising campaigns, if it were not for German Council of Jews objecting to it.

So, this is proof of my bias? Very shaky proof of something unclear. What bias would that be, pray tell?

I don't think you should predict what I would be at the forefront of.....your not very good at it, and it is projecting somewhat.

I did not make it a topic about Jews. I quite rightly mentioned Jews, and some people tried to take me to task about it, as you are too, Hows that?

These are the first words of the first post in response to the news item

"This is such an odd anomaly. Western democracies are proud of their freedom of speech and freedom of expression....unless that speech or expression is about Jewish themes. Then, nobody can say anything.

Why is that?"

It seems to pose the question "Why are Jews a special case?" and then goes on to ask for rational answers.

And yet you did not wish to make it a topic about Jews?

Try again, what would you like to discuss? (without, of course, bringing Jews into it).