SIngle Entry Visas In malaysia

Penang is a good choice. Nothing needed but your passport plus a copy and the application form. You can also hire an agent that will do it all for you.

Kota Bharu is another choice.

The embassy in KL is not a good choice because the are unpredictable as far as to what they will want.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a update on my visa run.

KL was a no go wanted onwards flights, which i dont have as I am a free spirit.

So proceeded to Penang.

Many Visa agents here for 40 Malaysian Ringgit fee.

I decided to let them take care of it, then come the problem, she went through my passport and reminded me on how many entries I had already had for Thailand which was nine.

Ouch she gave me a choice and said you can go to the embassy yourself and take a chance reminding me that they have become pretty strict now mentioning the new government and telling me that the rules are being more firmly applied and three visas are the limit.

She told me if i pay 250 ringgit she would guarantee my visa and if for some reason they didn't she would refund. also if i did go and they refused that they would no longer be able to help.

She said you might be lucky and not get a read stamp like people have previously.

I had a grumble and a moan about the current situation but decided to put my trust in her and pay the bribe.

Received my passport today with a single entry and no red mark..

So the new government clamping down on stop people staying long time on tourist visas and suppose to be clamping down on corruption..

How corrupt is that pay the immigrations and you defy both their policies..

When they going to realize that they have made a big mistake and this is not the way forward.

As i found today it only makes bigger corruption in the tourist Industry.

Fly in to malaysia 3 months no questions no forms just finger prints.

Come on Thailand wake up now will you........................

Just a update on my visa run.

KL was a no go wanted onwards flights, which i dont have as I am a free spirit.

So proceeded to Penang.

Many Visa agents here for 40 Malaysian Ringgit fee.

I decided to let them take care of it, then come the problem, she went through my passport and reminded me on how many entries I had already had for Thailand which was nine.

Ouch she gave me a choice and said you can go to the embassy yourself and take a chance reminding me that they have become pretty strict now mentioning the new government and telling me that the rules are being more firmly applied and three visas are the limit.

She told me if i pay 250 ringgit she would guarantee my visa and if for some reason they didn't she would refund. also if i did go and they refused that they would no longer be able to help.

She said you might be lucky and not get a read stamp like people have previously.

I had a grumble and a moan about the current situation but decided to put my trust in her and pay the bribe.

Received my passport today with a single entry and no red mark..

So the new government clamping down on stop people staying long time on tourist visas and suppose to be clamping down on corruption..

How corrupt is that pay the immigrations and you defy both their policies..

When they going to realize that they have made a big mistake and this is not the way forward.

As i found today it only makes bigger corruption in the tourist Industry.

Fly in to malaysia 3 months no questions no forms just finger prints.

Come on Thailand wake up now will you........................

Seems you actually paid a "visa agent" not "immigrations" (who do not have officers in Embassy's/Consulates.)

You also have no idea what the outcome may have been had a personal application been made but I have no doubt the "agent' is happy ! smile.png

... they have become pretty strict now mentioning the new government and telling me that the rules are being more firmly applied and three visas are the limit.

So the new government clamping down on stop people staying long time on tourist visas and suppose to be clamping down on corruption.. How corrupt is that pay the immigrations and you defy both their policies.. When they going to realize that they have made a big mistake and this is not the way forward. As i found today it only makes bigger corruption in the tourist Industry.

Seems you actually paid a "visa agent" not "immigrations" (who do not have officers in Embassy's/Consulates.) You also have no idea what the outcome may have been had a personal application been made but I have no doubt the "agent' is happy ! smile.png

Anyone want to hazard a "just maybe," that a piece of that "extra fee" went to someone official? Maybe not, but if we could make a bet and had a way of finding out the truth ... I didn't make it to 9 entries, even with multi-month breaks outside Thailand between them, before I had to get a new passport to keep even Laos happy.

Not to pick on Thailand - this system is the same everywhere - the only difference is the cost and process. In "developed" nations - for example, the USA, you pay a lawyer who graduated from the "right school," and is in the same fraternity / social club scene as the judges or dept-personnel who make the decisions - i.e. "legal corruption." In a hard case, you make donations to "The Clinton Foundation" or a politician's re-election campaign fund, and then the US State Dept fixes things up for you no matter what the "problem" was. Even presidential "pardons" for criminal convictions are on the table, with the right connections and cash.

In any case, glad you (OP) avoided the "red stamp" (it is blue in Laos now), which would further reduce your chances of getting a Thai visa anywhere in the future. Still, you might want to consider a new passport if planning to stay longer than the current visa allows.