Selling motorcycle in CNX to person in Pai - paperwork question

Genericnic

Hi all.

I live in Chiang Mai and I am selling my Honda Wave to a guy that lives in Pai. I've done transfers to folks here in CNX before with no problem but hit a bump with this one.

He went to CM Immigration today to get a Certificate of Residence and was told he had to get it in Pai. We hadn't realized that it was in a different provence. Our bad.

So when he gets the certificate of residence, do we do the registration here in CM or do we have to do it in Pai? I am assuming somewhere along the way, plates may have to be changed as well.

Any information appreciated.

David

Sold my bike to a guy who lived in Hua Hin. Went to the DLT by the Ping River, they inspected the bike, checked serial numbers. Went inside and confirmed with the ladies behind the counter that the transfer was OK. Did all the paperwork for transfer there. He took all paperwork to BKK as all his bikes were registered there and he wanted a BKK plate like all the others. I took my $$$ and left. Checked back with him a week later - no issues.

Sold my bike to a guy who lived in Hua Hin. Went to the DLT by the Ping River, they inspected the bike, checked serial numbers. Went inside and confirmed with the ladies behind the counter that the transfer was OK. Did all the paperwork for transfer there. He took all paperwork to BKK as all his bikes were registered there and he wanted a BKK plate like all the others. I took my $$$ and left. Checked back with him a week later - no issues.

@canthai55

Thanks. Just what I needed to know.

David

100% perfect advice .. I bought a bike using this procedure but I didn't go as far as getting the serial numbers checked at the DLT, but I did go with the seller to make sure the paperwork was complete and signed in the right places. I checked the numbers myself.

A well written - well informed post mate !

Edited by recom273