Taxes Regarding Shipping from Amazon

danieljoshuago

Hi guys!

I'm planning to buy a Tag Heuer watch from Amazon (since it is on sale + certified seller), may I ask for a computation of tax with the following value:

Original price: $1900.00

Sale price: $900.00

Shipping fee: $70.00

Also, i'm kinda new to this importing thing to Thailand (also a new expat here) so may I ask how do I pay the taxes and would it be delivered door to door? I currently live inside our factory at Samut Sakhon Industrial Estate.

I asked the seller and this is what he's answered:

Question: Hi! do you ship to samut sakhon, thailand? how much and how long usually? can you list down methods for shipment?

Answer: Hi,

We usually ship via FEDEX or UPS.
The shipping fee is $70, the customer is responsible for paying for duties or customs.
It usually takes about 3-5 business days plus time to clear customs

Also, would there be any other way to avoid taxes?

Thanks for the help!

It hurts me to see someone spend that much on a Tag Heuer... but reinforces to me the might of good marketing.

Assuming a package of that value actually makes it to you, I would guess 21% import duty, plus 7% VAT, plus an arbitrary excise duty of 10%? so maybe 38% if you're lucky and don't factor in the taxes you need to pay on the fees and taxes.... http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/custen/traders+and+business/sample+of+duty+assessment/sampleofdutyassessment

Mail to a trusted friend that's coming over eventually and just have them wear it.

It hurts me to see someone spend that much on a Tag Heuer... but reinforces to me the might of good marketing.

Assuming a package of that value actually makes it to you, I would guess 21% import duty, plus 7% VAT, plus an arbitrary excise duty of 10%? so maybe 38% if you're lucky and don't factor in the taxes you need to pay on the fees and taxes.... http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/custen/traders+and+business/sample+of+duty+assessment/sampleofdutyassessment

Mail to a trusted friend that's coming over eventually and just have them wear it.

Thank you for this! I was thinking of giving this to my dad as a present.

Btw, is it too much for a Tag Heuer? What brands do you think is worth that price?

Archived