Good Family Lawyer In Bangkok

tonymontana32

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction?!

I have been separated from the mother of my daughter who's 6 for 3 years, i initially looked after my daughter for 6 months until my ex took her away to Phitsanulok but i did get to see my daughter within that time.

She then came back to BKK at my request so we could be a family again for my daughters sake, this was in March this year but things didn't go t plan and i rented her a new room.This also didn't go according to plan as my ex is an idiot and keeps getting into issues with her "friends" and cant keep a job.

My daughter has been living with myself and my girlfriend of 2 years for about 4-5 months, her mother on Monday called me saying someone is trying to kill her and is in a relationship with a tom who is probably trying to control her etc.

Long story short its a <deleted> up situation and my ex is in no fit state to care for my daughter.

Now as i wasn't married when my daughter was born and we didn't register the birth or me as the father, so in Thai law i am not the legal father which i need to sort out ASAP. I need a family lawyer that can help me legitimise my daughter so i am the legal father according to the law, and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good cost effective lawyer that can help sort this shit out.

Many Thanks

If you wait till your daughter is 7 you can be named as the father at the amphur office without any hassels.. ( I have heard that some provincial amphur offices will do it earlier but in Bangkok is 7 years old) if you want to do it through the courts it will cost around 20k abd will take around 4-5 months depending on the courts availability. You and your wife will also need to have an interview with the welfare department.

I went through then court process earlier this year and apart from the court delays it was relatively easy. From what I understand it used to be quicker but there has been more rigorous following of the rules due to the surrogate mothers scandals last year. The lawyer I used was in ocean tower on Asoke. I don't have the name as I'm travelling at the moment.