Putin: Turkey 'will regret' downing Russian bomber in Syria

webfact

It's interesting.

Two nations with a very inflated view of their importance in the modern world.

There are a couple of more nations with extremely inflated view of their importance in the modern world.

You managed to count only two?

Edit

Turkey can handle this much better than Russia. EU just delivered a big check to Ankara of 3 bn euros. Putin instead is trying to shrink the Turkey economy. Vlad is not making any new friends anywhere btw but I'm sure you're going fine.

Big checks on the wrong horse has it's own way of kicking back!

Some dream that it solves problems!

Edited by ravip

Publicus, on 05 Dec 2015 - 20:00, said:
SgtRock, on 05 Dec 2015 - 14:04, said:

Thank you for enlightening me. I was not aware that Turkey was a member of NATO whistling.gif It is the ONLY reason Turkey is trying to flex a bit of muscle.

You changed the dynamics. I said give me 10 Russians over 100 Turks.

I do not know where you are getting your information from. Your adulation for the capabilities of Turkey are way over estimated.

You are correct. Putin will not blast Turkey right off. There is more than way to inflict damage on a Country, as Turkey will find out. Like most Muslim Countries, Turkey's greatest traits are corruption and corruption. Everything else is a poor second.

Remember that old adage. '' Revenge is a dish served cold ''

Thank you for enlightening me. I was not aware that Turkey was a member of NATO whistling.gif It is the ONLY reason Turkey is trying to flex a bit of muscle.

No need to be so modest. I didn't remind you of anything. I am successful to have got across the point I took the liberty to underscore in the quote of your post. Yes, because Turkey is in Nato (whereas Ukraine is not) Turkey can kick Putin in his Chekist little ass while Vlad can't do anything about it militarily without severe consequence from Europe and US, i.e, Nato. Turkey can do it, Nato member Latvia cannot. Pretty simple.

Your adulation for the capabilities of Turkey are way over estimated.

No "adulation" of Turkey here sarge. Turkey is a long standing member of Nato. Russia is the reason Nato was founded in 1949. It's Nato's raison d'etre currently and going forward. Erdogan has thrown himself in to the fight against Assad while Putin has come in to support Assad. Erdogan +1, Putin -1 in the ME broadly speaking. Minus one on RuAF jet fighters too btw.

Judging from these two points I've had to address, you might want to visit here: http://www.readwritethink.org/classroom-resources/lesson-plans/building-reading-comprehension-through-139.html

Putin's GDP in Russia is minus 5 percent and he's spending a lot of money on his Syrian military campaign to prop up Assad. Inflation in Russia is running 20 percent and now Vlad is cutting off more food imports. Interest rates in Russia are mid-teens much as the temperature is.

Turkey can handle this much better than Russia. EU just delivered a big check to Ankara of 3 bn euros. Putin instead is trying to shrink the Turkey economy. Vlad is not making any new friends anywhere btw but I'm sure you're going fine. smile.png

Till next time....wink.png

There is no modesty on my part. I call a lame duck when I see one. Not only did I see it I worked with it.

Why do you insist on mentioning the Ukraine ? This is nothing but deflection.

You are talking through a hole in your backside and you are backing the wrong horse.

I have lived it, I have worked it, what have you done ?

That's amusing stuff. Russia is an old nag if there ever was one. March directly behind Russia leaves you looking right into it. Same as looking into Putin's eyes. laugh.png

Anyone who wants to enlighten the membership has a standing invitation to post to his member profile. It's a part of the package.

Because Putin is a sorehead doesn't necessarily mean his fanboyz must emulate him. A poster to a discussion board becomes known by his posts rather than in any statements about himself. So overworking personal pronouns in certain ways demonstrates a vulnerability that might be best contained.

Putin is meanwhile building up an air force base in central Syria, bringing in 100 more aircraft to include attack helicopters. It seems the task is much larger than the Chekist Putin had originally thought so he's got to beef it up before his air force starts to fall apart on the takeoffs. And before he runs out of the money he doesn't have.

It's called mission creep while going broke.

That's amusing stuff. Russia is an old nag if there ever was one. March directly behind Russia leaves you looking right into it. Same as looking into Putin's eyes. laugh.png

Anyone who wants to enlighten the membership has a standing invitation to post to his member profile. It's a part of the package.

Because Putin is a sorehead doesn't necessarily mean his fanboyz must emulate him. A poster to a discussion board becomes known by his posts rather than in any statements about himself. So overworking personal pronouns in certain ways demonstrates a vulnerability that might be best contained.

Putin is meanwhile building up an air force base in central Syria, bringing in 100 more aircraft to include attack helicopters. It seems the task is much larger than the Chekist Putin had originally thought so he's got to beef it up before his air force starts to fall apart on the takeoffs. And before he runs out of the money he doesn't have.

It's called mission creep while going broke.

Russia is simply not in a state of financial distress. So that is a false statement. Russia has the 7th most forign exchange reserves in the world and has almost no debt.

7 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.pngRussia 364,100 Nov 13, 2015