Good beer in Surat Thani

TarHeelVoyager

Hi all,

I'm looking for a good spot in the city of Surat Thani to get a decent beer. Something other than 3 staples, Heineken, or the like. I know it won't be cheap but a weekly treat would be nice to come by. If I could find one when I lived in Sukhothai there's bound to be one here. I know one place that serves Stella but could still use a bit more flavor than that.

Thank for any help!

Good luck with that. Thailand is like Sleeping Beauty when it comes to beer, even as the craft beer explosion continues abroad we remain stuck with Heineken, Chang and Leo, and a few other crappy alternatives. Where and when you can find alternatives, they are all expensive imports.

When I get depressed and want to double down on it I just tell myself: 'You are 52 years old and your go-to beer is Leo.'

@phuketsub That's exactly what I am looking for though is the expensive imported beer. I'm not going to go buy a case of the stuff but it was nice to splurge on once in awhile in Sukhothai and I'd like to do the same here.

Enjoy...looks like you have some viable options now.

@phuketsub That's exactly what I am looking for though is the expensive imported beer. I'm not going to go buy a case of the stuff but it was nice to splurge on once in awhile in Sukhothai and I'd like to do the same here.

I found the beer "Pistonhead" in cans. Design terrible, but the taste is good....Lager which isn't my style, but clean taste (without the dead rat flavor of Thai beer). And after discovering it, I took a bit too much and had no side effects on the next day.

It is sold in 7/11 in Bangkok and Khanom so I expect it is also in larger 7/11 in Surat.

44 Baht/can (0.33 I think). Import from Sweden.

(always check expiration date before purchase)