• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That bike looks very nice.

Saw it yesterday at the Yamaha dealer.

The black one especially tasty

Kids will certainly buy it.

Nice to see the Thailand market finally snapping out of the 30 years of boring scooter mode.

Didn't look for specs, but it should be on the homepage I assume.

Really?

My 15 yr old stock NSR 150 would blow that thing out of the water, so to speak, out runs R-3s in acceleration and top speed, (though very close)

Yes its soooo boring.

BTW I dont like that look at all, but thats just taste

Anyone know if its a R-15 with different body work?

Couldn't let this topic die without slagging it off one more time, but also offer an alternative.....

I got to sit on a CBR150 today and what a well proportioned bike, infinitely better bike that the really cramped Ms.lav....(presumably standing for single woman's toilet).

So I got to thinking, a "naked bike" should be just that, not like the Yamaha with all that unnecessary plastic strewn all over it in an effort to make it "stylish". Good design means simplicity in my book.

So bearing in mind the CBR150 is a well proportioned, well proven package already at a very modest price, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, Honda should take this bike, lift the bars up and back, throw away the fairing and other plastic which makes it a CBR and make it truly naked. Only minimally covering vital components and up the tyre size one...proper job.

Now that would be a bike at just over 70k baht.

Give it a trendy name to disassociate it from the troublesome CB range.....

This bike looks great, and not meant for old dodders like yourself - the kids will be happy about that :)

Troublesome CB range? What is troublesome about them? Old CBs are pretty much bullet-proof and the nNew CB650 is a cracking little bike - solid and gets the job done with no fuss

I am waiting for your long term report on the amazing Benelli - I take it you did actually buy one, right???? blink.pngbah.gif

Can vouch for the old cb still have one 30,000 miles plus and its never gone wrong, no doubt the new range is gonna be just as reliable,this forum has just turned into a put down of every bike out there by 2 or 3 posters,Not really meant to be what a bike forum us about I just find it easier to ignore the 2 or 3 posters that do this and leave them to their little boring fantasy world.

That bike looks very nice.

Saw it yesterday at the Yamaha dealer.

The black one especially tasty

Kids will certainly buy it.

Nice to see the Thailand market finally snapping out of the 30 years of boring scooter mode.

Didn't look for specs, but it should be on the homepage I assume.

Really?

My 15 yr old stock NSR 150 would blow that thing out of the water, so to speak, out runs R-3s in acceleration and top speed, (though very close)

Yes its soooo boring.

BTW I dont like that look at all, but thats just taste

Anyone know if its a R-15 with different body work?

True it will.

I would also like a NSR150 for my collection, nice piece, but maybe not for everyday use.

Couldn't let this topic die without slagging it off one more time, but also offer an alternative.....

I got to sit on a CBR150 today and what a well proportioned bike, infinitely better bike that the really cramped Ms.lav....(presumably standing for single woman's toilet).

So I got to thinking, a "naked bike" should be just that, not like the Yamaha with all that unnecessary plastic strewn all over it in an effort to make it "stylish". Good design means simplicity in my book.

So bearing in mind the CBR150 is a well proportioned, well proven package already at a very modest price, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, Honda should take this bike, lift the bars up and back, throw away the fairing and other plastic which makes it a CBR and make it truly naked. Only minimally covering vital components and up the tyre size one...proper job.

Now that would be a bike at just over 70k baht.

Give it a trendy name to disassociate it from the troublesome CB range.....

im waiting for the next 17 page motorcycle review...

maybe it will be a Ural he got to sit on at the local Big C / Tesco

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

If old means I don't like Micky Mouse bikes then I guess you guys are right, but you will be interested to know that the accessory list includes stabilisers and full alphabet of tank magnets.

Now don't forget to wear your Fireman Sam helmet when you ride this bike.

Signed granddad xx

There were a whole bunch of them at the Yamaha booth @ the ARRC races this weekend in Buriram, and they look good in the flesh,nice colour combinations and for sure it will be a succes in the Asian market, IMO Yamaha makes the best looking naked bikes (MT03 / MT07 / MT09) Only a bit of a cheesy name: MSlaz would have been better to call it everywhere the same MT-15 it's a bit as with the exciter: different countries different names, strange marketing strategy from Yamaha.

Agree with the styling of the MT range in general......the MT09 looks the biz...

Wonder when the MT01 will come? haha

If old means I don't like Micky Mouse bikes then I guess you guys are right, but you will be interested to know that the accessory list includes stabilisers and full alphabet of tank magnets.

Signed granddad xx

When you say 'Mickey Mouse' - do you mean like cheap and flashy....like Chinese bikes?

Or have I misunderstood the phrase?

There were a whole bunch of them at the Yamaha booth @ the ARRC races this weekend in Buriram, and they look good in the flesh,nice colour combinations and for sure it will be a succes in the Asian market, IMO Yamaha makes the best looking naked bikes (MT03 / MT07 / MT09) Only a bit of a cheesy name: MSlaz would have been better to call it everywhere the same MT-15 it's a bit as with the exciter: different countries different names, strange marketing strategy from Yamaha.

Agree with the styling of the MT range in general......the MT09 looks the biz...

The MT-01 came in 2005.

You are talking about the MT-10.

The MT-01 came in 2005.

You are talking about the MT-10

I wasn't aware the MT-01 was sold in Thailand - my bad. (I know it's not a new model... just a beast)

And FWIW, yes, the MT-10 should also be the biz and looks 'delightfully ugly' :D , but not really my cuppa tea.

I'd be happy with a humble WR450 in sumo trim.

Signed granddad xx

I have/love the tank magnets, but unsure about the "stabilisers" thing.

Does that help the fuel or something?

Or is that British-bumpkin-speak for something?

Saw a few in a Chiang Mai rental shop. They look fantastic, looks a lot bigger than 150cc.

If it looks bigger than 150 cc, you must be a dwarf.

I stood next to it at the motorshow and it is about the size of an MSX, but with 17 inch wheels.

And I ain't a tall guy.

I thought this was some new Kawasaki KSR when I first saw it.

I sat on one at the recent motor show and it felt like a 3/4 scale bike.

Smaller than a Ducati Monster but bigger than a MSX/KSR.

I am not a fan of the looks of the headlight but like that it has bigbike wheels, forks, and swingarm.

I still like the Exciter 150 more since it is a third less baht and 20kg less (faster?).

Granted the cheaper Exciter has a much lower grade suspension and goofier scooter look to it.

mslaz looks like a good bike but in real, it is too small and style is not for everyone.

moreover, finding a service that can fix it is a big deal too. you have to rely on small yamaha dealers.

of course most Thai will go for honda cbr150r.

Style sure isn't for everyone except 90% of youngsters who like motorcycles in Thailand.

It may be a Japanese in its name but it was designed by Thais for Thais. A 150cc naked bike, big tires, LED lights, Yamaha hit the jackpot.

Personally, I don't like it, for the simple reason that it looks too aggressive lol

I ride in Bangkok so I don't know much elsewhere, but here, the only fully faired bikes are CBR150 and R15, the rest are all nakeds, Ducati Monsters, CB650f, ER6N, CB300f, Z800,

If you ride in Bangkok you'll notice the most common motorcycle above 250cc is the CB300f.

Most people only need/want 150cc and they want an upright seating position (and that it's cheaper), before the Mslaz, they could either get the CBR150 or R15 or spend a little bit more and get a CB300f or Z250, but now, they can get the Mslaz. That's why the Mslaz sold like hotcakes in the motor expo, and will continue to sell, expect to see tons of them next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Checked them out in Udon dealership a while back.

Very impressed by finish & componentry.

papa has 2 CBR150s {carb}

and previously a CBR150fi.

I'd buy one if I were 45 years younger.

Predict big loss in demand for small ceebers.

Yamaha is the best of the lot;

definitely worth a few bucks more.

passifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gif He was cramped at 1.68m? so this is a bike for children, designed, no doubt by accountants.

The Benelli 25 is a full 250cc, is only 5,000baht more and is a proper adult's bike........and sounds like a bike?

But you are right, it will sell well, there are plenty of kids out there who have rich parents at their mercy and can get extortionate credit rates, then let them out helmet-less to kill themselves.

I child's bike that goes like shit off a shovel, Jaaasus begora, just what we need.....

did not see the specs yet but somehow i have a feeling it might be faster than your 200cc DELETED passifier.gif

That's the problem..that's what "shit off a shovel" means. The damn thing is really fast, but designed for a 12 year old...don't you think that is just a tad dangerous.

Not sure that 12 year old's still use dummies, but I get the point....in case you are taking the piss.

You don't know what you're talking about mate, you haven't even seen it!

It is a full size bike for adults. I have sat on it and it seems fine for me and I'm taller than Omega.

The shop I was at had the Benelli's too, and they looked crap in comparison to this Yamaha. The Yamaha looks bigger too.

I think the point Pokerkid was trying to make was that why would anyone pay 5000B more for a bike that 1. is slower and 2. is Chinese?

The Benelli TNT25 is indeed Chinese, but not forget that the Yamaha M-Slaz 150 is Indian same as the Yamaha YZF-R15... (okay, both the Yamaha (India) and the Benelli (China) are imported as knock-down kit and assembled in Thailand). Anybody who buys a 150 or 250cc naked machine for speed should reconsider his motivation... doing any speeds faster than 100km/h on a 150 or 250cc naked machine is everything but comfortable...

Edited by Richard-BKK