Yamaha MSlaz150

macknife

So I saw this yesterday at my local Yamaha dealer and was very impressed. A nice looking naked 150cc bike, the only one in it's class I think. They just came out in the last day or so and the dealer tells me they're selling like hot cakes. Upside down forks, that don't look like chopsticks, are a nice touch. i forgot to ask the price but I imagine it's in the 80+K mark

post-80215-0-60336800-1449286353_thumb.j

post-80215-0-23338300-1449286359_thumb.j

post-80215-0-12935500-1449286369_thumb.j

post-80215-0-83207400-1449286373_thumb.j

post-80215-0-19380500-1449286357_thumb.j

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was cramped at 1.68m? so this is a bike for children, designed, no doubt by accountants.

The Benelli 25 is a full 250cc, is only 5,000baht more and is a proper adult's bike........and sounds like a bike?

But you are right, it will sell well, there are plenty of kids out there who have rich parents at their mercy and can get extortionate credit rates, then let them out helmet-less to kill themselves.

I child's bike that goes like shit off a shovel, Jaaasus begora, just what we need.....

Edited by AllanB

passifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gif He was cramped at 1.68m? so this is a bike for children, designed, no doubt by accountants.

The Benelli 25 is a full 250cc, is only 5,000baht more and is a proper adult's bike........and sounds like a bike?

But you are right, it will sell well, there are plenty of kids out there who have rich parents at their mercy and can get extortionate credit rates, then let them out helmet-less to kill themselves.

I child's bike that goes like shit off a shovel, Jaaasus begora, just what we need.....

did not see the specs yet but somehow i have a feeling it might be faster than your 200cc DELETED passifier.gif

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

passifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gifpassifier.gif He was cramped at 1.68m? so this is a bike for children, designed, no doubt by accountants.

did not see the specs yet but somehow i have a feeling it might be faster than your 200cc DELETED passifier.gif

That's the problem..that's what "shit off a shovel" means. The damn thing is really fast, but designed for a 12 year old...don't you think that is just a tad dangerous.

Not sure that 12 year old's still use dummies, but I get the point....in case you are taking the piss.

This is a good looking bike ,I doubt it's really fast and like shit of a shovel ,it's a 150 cc for Christ's sake.if I was 18 again and new to bikes this is the sort of thing I would be going for......I don't think Thais need to be rich to buy a 89k bike.......lol

Nice info thanks for posting?

That's the problem..that's what "shit off a shovel" means. The damn thing is really fast, but designed for a 12 year old...don't you think that is just a tad dangerous.

Not sure that 12 year old's still use dummies, but I get the point....in case you are taking the piss.

You don't know what you're talking about mate, you haven't even seen it!

It is a full size bike for adults. I have sat on it and it seems fine for me and I'm taller than Omega.

The shop I was at had the Benelli's too, and they looked crap in comparison to this Yamaha. The Yamaha looks bigger too.

I think the point Pokerkid was trying to make was that why would anyone pay 5000B more for a bike that 1. is slower and 2. is Chinese?

It is a full size bike for adults. I have sat on it and it seems fine for me and I'm taller than Omega.

The shop I was at had the Benelli's too, and they looked crap in comparison to this Yamaha. The Yamaha looks bigger too.

I think the point Pokerkid was trying to make was that why would anyone pay 5000B more for a bike that 1. is slower and 2. is Chinese?

actually i misunderstood the phrase " shit of a shovel" lol

That bike looks very nice.

Saw it yesterday at the Yamaha dealer.

The black one especially tasty

Kids will certainly buy it.

Nice to see the Thailand market finally snapping out of the 30 years of boring scooter mode.

Didn't look for specs, but it should be on the homepage I assume.

Edited by Lampang2

I haven't seen the bike and was merely going on the fact that a guy 5'6" tall says it was cramped, I am 6' and fit on a Benelli quite well. So from that information I deduced that the Yamy was a kids bike, since with respect, 5'6" is a pretty short guy in this day and age.

I Googled this bike, in order to verify my comments and couldn't find any spec at all, which is strange if it is already on the market. Given that bikes are the same size, I would be surprised if a 150 is faster than a 250, also given that both are injection engines. But I stand to be corrected, along with the dimensions, if someone would kindly provide the data on the Yamaha so we can all compare.

Maybe a bit of a piss-off to guys that rushed out and bought Exciters? Don't know. Maybe they are significantly different. I understand it is a R15 is different clothing?

The bargraph tach is a turn off for me, Exciter wins that battle. Interestingly Yamaha uses the same picture for the engines of both just with a diferent colour background.

Edited by VocalNeal

Maybe a bit of a piss-off to guys that rushed out and bought Exciters? Don't know. Maybe they are significantly different. I understand it is a R15 is different clothing?

The bargraph tach is a turn off for me, Exciter wins that battle. Interestingly Yamaha uses the same picture for the engines of both just with a diferent colour background.

I am very happy with my exciter (2 weeks old) and not the least upset.

If I want to ride a sportsbike I mount my GSXR 1000 - 2005

A 150cc look alike is not going to get me jealous.

I think if you bought an Exciter you have nothing to worry about, you have a really comfortable bike, this on the other hand is truly dreadful in terms of riding position.

I am 6' and my head was over the front wheels, so the guy who described it as "cramped" got it spot on, unless you are really short you couldn't live with this Micky Mouse bike.

Okay it has a bit of style, but absolutely nothing else and since no one can actually quote horsepower or torque we are left to assume it is faster than the much bigger Benneli TNT25, which is only 4,500 baht more, looks brilliant and sounds like a bike should.

I know some of you guys like to get excited about everything new from the land of the rising sun, but this is a very poorly designed bike, only suitable for prepubescent boys.

Enjoy.

PS. Thai guys are getting taller every day, was a time that I towered over everyone here, now many are taller than me, so the marketing men have it wrong IMO.

I wonder what engine was the used for this one.

Exciter / spark / r15

Can't have 4 different 150cc engines in production I guess.

In other markets it is called MT15 (a naked version of R15) which should give us the engine.

There were a whole bunch of them at the Yamaha booth @ the ARRC races this weekend in Buriram, and they look good in the flesh,nice colour combinations and for sure it will be a succes in the Asian market, IMO Yamaha makes the best looking naked bikes (MT03 / MT07 / MT09) Only a bit of a cheesy name: MSlaz would have been better to call it everywhere the same MT-15 it's a bit as with the exciter: different countries different names, strange marketing strategy from Yamaha.

Couldn't let this topic die without slagging it off one more time, but also offer an alternative.....

I got to sit on a CBR150 today and what a well proportioned bike, infinitely better bike that the really cramped Ms.lav....(presumably standing for single woman's toilet).

So I got to thinking, a "naked bike" should be just that, not like the Yamaha with all that unnecessary plastic strewn all over it in an effort to make it "stylish". Good design means simplicity in my book.

So bearing in mind the CBR150 is a well proportioned, well proven package already at a very modest price, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, Honda should take this bike, lift the bars up and back, throw away the fairing and other plastic which makes it a CBR and make it truly naked. Only minimally covering vital components and up the tyre size one...proper job.

Now that would be a bike at just over 70k baht.

Give it a trendy name to disassociate it from the troublesome CB range.....

Couldn't let this topic die without slagging it off one more time, but also offer an alternative.....

I got to sit on a CBR150 today and what a well proportioned bike, infinitely better bike that the really cramped Ms.lav....(presumably standing for single woman's toilet).

So I got to thinking, a "naked bike" should be just that, not like the Yamaha with all that unnecessary plastic strewn all over it in an effort to make it "stylish". Good design means simplicity in my book.

So bearing in mind the CBR150 is a well proportioned, well proven package already at a very modest price, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, Honda should take this bike, lift the bars up and back, throw away the fairing and other plastic which makes it a CBR and make it truly naked. Only minimally covering vital components and up the tyre size one...proper job.

Now that would be a bike at just over 70k baht.

Give it a trendy name to disassociate it from the troublesome CB range.....

Give over Grandad, the times they're a changing and this bike directed at young people who, believe it or not, like coolly styled bikes. Your time is over.

For the old codgers there are plenty of bikes out there that still look like they did in your youth, like the Yamaha SR400, or almost all bland Honda bikes, so stick to them and stop moaning.

You are right about the Honda CBR150, Honda should do a naked version. I'm guessing by the amount of these Yamahas I've seen on the road, even tho it's only been out a few days, Honda will have no choice.