Thai Premier pledges to reduce greenhouse gas emissions

rooster59

Thai Premier pledges to reduce greenhouse gas emissions

post-247607-0-94756000-1449303718_thumb.

BANGKOK, 5 December 2015 (NNT) – Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha made his vow to implement various policies in an attempt to reduce emissions of greenhouse gas.

During this weekly televised address, Gen Prayut highlighted his visit to France to attend the 21st United Nations Climate Change Conference where he delivered a speech before world leaders, pledging his support for enhanced cooperation in achieving a new climate change resolution.

At the conference, the prime minister said he asked all countries to work towards a comprehensive and practical framework that takes into consideration different economic and development conditions.

Due to the fact that the world’s natural resources belong to everyone, and not just to one particular country, Gen Prayut said citizens of the world bear a collective responsibility for environmental preservation.

On behalf of Thailand, Gen Prayut said he promised other leaders that Thailand would make the best effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through various policies, such as waste-to-energy initiatives, converting the mass transit system from motor vehicles to rail, and supporting fuel-efficient vehicles such as hybrid cars and electric trains.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-12-05 footer_n.gif

"Due to the fact that the world’s natural resources belong to everyone, and not just to one particular country, Gen Prayut said citizens of the world bear a collective responsibility for environmental preservation."

really? i picked the wrong day to stop sniffin' glue.

Due to the fact that the world’s natural resources belong to everyone, and not just to one particular country

Hmm. He could tell that line to the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia to defend the Diamond Misappropriation and Vanishing Act, after all it was only compressed coal.

he's Thai. He should know better.

Put on free public zero-emmission transport everywhere, to all destinations, and Thais will still drive their cars, double park them with the engine running, to take the trash to the bin at the end of the soi, so going anywhere else is certainly in the car.

And he travelled there and back on a bicycle, what no, he travelled by plane. Good to see them doing their bit. What a load of BS. Our so called world leaders plus 40,000 people travelled there, the majority by plane and they want to reduce greenhouse admissions. Bloody hypocrittes, the lot of them. But wait, let's all give the poor African countries and the island nations billions of dollars without any transparency, yet none can look after the poor, disabled, underprivileged and homeless in their own countries. They're all on the bandwagon and full of BS like most of the con artists who are making billions out of the bigggest scare of the 21st century.

Didn't they just proudly announce projects to build two more coal fired plants a week or two ago. Part of Thainess most of us have probably experienced is that it is more important to say what others might want to hear than to tell the truth.

Didn't they just proudly announce projects to build two more coal fired plants a week or two ago. Part of Thainess most of us have probably experienced is that it is more important to say what others might want to hear than to tell the truth.

Id rather have them burning coal than trying their luck at Nuclear

One looses faith in politicians when they just say what people want to hear? Thus a no story, right?

Glad he thought it was worth the time, effort and cost to go to Paris when the net effect will be zero? Probably just wanted to go sight seeing? Or bolster his image on the world stage?

Edited by MaiChai

For a start try this:

Do not sit in your (stationary) vehicle with the engine running.

Shorten the red light phase of traffic lights.

Stop the coppers from operating traffic lights manually

Get rid of air polluting vehicles like Tuk Tuks and old, black smoke releasing trucks.

So when are the diesel smoke and fume buses in BKK getting off the road? Talk of new ones but that has been spoken about for the last 5 years I have been here. What about a decent train system? Something that is younger than 25 years old whether it is the bogie or locomotive. Still I guess we must be happy that they seem to be staying on the track lately. Or we just not hear of the derailments now a days? Talk the talk then walk the walk comes to mind.

Id rather have them burning coal than trying their luck at Nuclear

Reactor is one thing that will get me to pull up stakes and skedaddle!

How about conservation instead of more power plants? Somewhere years ago I got a report on excessive air con used here and how much could be saved if they made it comfortable instead of walk in freezer levels. I know I have to take a jacket if I want to go to a film, and can only take limited time in the malls before I must flee. Then there is that shoe store chain with wide open fronts going full blast, the 7/11s, etc etc