Australian bikie believed to have fled from Thailand to Dubai

Jonathan Fairfield

Two comments. 1) He didn't put a lot of thought or effort into his disguise assuming he was trying to hide after somehow getting past the border immigration entry point. 2) Amad Jay Malkoun was also a convicted large-scale heroin trafficker? And just exactly how did he get a visa approved to go to Thailand? Not much checking done it would seem. I find this interesting because I love to watch the Australian TV show about border wars and they routinely refuse people entry at the airport even though the people declared past convictions on their E-visas. Seems kind of rude to allow the people to fly all the way to Australia then be refused!

The rude thing is giving Aussie ex criminals passport to travel the world when they block entry to others

The mistake everyone is making is that Jay Malkoun is Aussie.

He was in Australia on a residency visa which was retracted after he travelled to Dubai to visit family. He has been denied re-entry to Australia for his rather long and well known criminal history. He is not, or ever has been, an Australian.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Taking him into custody on the back of a motorbike with another cop sat behind him.

That is the most bizarre thing I've seen in awhile.

Did they feel as he was a biker they couldn't use a car in his arrest?

? An everyday ocurrence in Thailand
That video clip is from Cambodia isn't it?
Well, I was commenting on the fact that this mode of operation was "the most bizarre thing you had seen in a while".: it is quite a common mode of transportation of the persons apprehended by the Polce in Thailand, and, although I do not live in Cambodia, I have visited that country a few times, I had the opportunity to witness the same "pattern".

I admit I would be somehow surprised to see that happening in Singapore but in Sr Lanka, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand ... It Is a common sight, which I definitely do not find bizarre given the fact that the officers want to make the arrest and bring the alleged culprit to their station ASAP

Really? It's common for the police to take a suspect to the station on a bike built for one but carrying two policemen and the suspect?

No one thought, "hmm, he's a big fella isn't he, hang on let's call up a car".

If this was a planned raid the choice of transport was even more bizarre.

I've lived in Thailand 14 years and I've never seen the police do anything like that.

Edited by Bluespunk

Ya ya I am American so sorry but it's true 'bikie' on their little trikie because me likey likey sounds pretty damn gay or childish. My dad is a BIKER. HIs brother is a BIKER and member of the Sons Of Silence and had some weird murder rap (he got off of) that ostracized him from the family...I just can't imagine saying bikie to my uncle or dad without getting laughed at.

In Aus a "bikie" is a 1%er. A "biker" is anyone else who rides a motorbike. You might be surprised to learn that the majority of the rest of the world outside of the US does not speak American english.

Edited by MickGC

And who wants to be represented by a Thai speaking lawyer,... In a Thai court....where sent sentence seemsis arpatory and oftentimes inconsistent.... And the lawyer may well promptly emerge from an interview, and tell all that was supposedly said in confidence

Witness to Aust murder flees Thailand
SYDNEY:-- A key witness to the kidnapping and murder of a former Australian Hells Angels member in eastern Thailand has reportedly fled to Dubai.
Amad Jay Malkoun, a former bike gang leader and close associate of murdered Australian Wayne Rodney Schneider, is wanted for further questioning by Royal Thai Police.
Malkoun claimed he slept through the violent kidnapping of Schneider on November 30 at the A$5200 a month villa he was sharing with the dead Australian, whose naked body was later recovered from a shallow sandy grave south east of Bangkok.
Malkoun, a former head of Australia's outlaw Comanchero biker gang who left Melbourne in 2013 to settle in Dubai, was also a convicted large-scale heroin trafficker.
Media reports said Schneider's wife was already living in Dubai.
Malkoun is said to have been linked to Melbourne real estate deals worth $13 million, involving a Russian woman, and had also developed strong connections into Russia through his time in Dubai.
-- Sky News Australia

Instead of hiding in a remote area and waiting for fleeing another country he was in a red light street famous with expat as well... No comment...

Visit Pattaya? If that's the price of knowledge, I'll take ignorance in this case.

Extrodinarily ignorance if you have never seen the bill take away's before.

Never seen cop crook cop sandwich on a bike before anywhere, never mind with such a high profile target.

Two comments. 1) He didn't put a lot of thought or effort into his disguise assuming he was trying to hide after somehow getting past the border immigration entry point. 2) Amad Jay Malkoun was also a convicted large-scale heroin trafficker? And just exactly how did he get a visa approved to go to Thailand? Not much checking done it would seem. I find this interesting because I love to watch the Australian TV show about border wars and they routinely refuse people entry at the airport even though the people declared past convictions on their E-visas. Seems kind of rude to allow the people to fly all the way to Australia then be refused!

Yep, so bloody rude or do you suggest we allow them entry.

Of course allow them entry. The person declared the past offenses on the E Visa application that was approved. Deny the E visa up front would be the thing to do. Or do some sort of electronic follow up. But don't approve the visa, let the person pay for tickets, make travel plans, fly there, and then refuse entry. That is just wrong

Yep, so bloody rude or do you suggest we allow them entry.

He's suggesting they get refused while applying for the evisa rather than at the border.

The rude thing is giving Aussie ex criminals passport to travel the world when they block entry to others

He was in Australia on a residency visa which was retracted after he travelled to Dubai to visit family. He has been denied re-entry to Australia for his rather long and well known criminal history. He is not, or ever has been, an Australian.

Correct hes a nasty arab mafia associated drug dealer, must have been on Halcium the night of the abduction.

Correct hes a nasty arab mafia associated drug dealer, must have been on Halcium the night of the abduction.

Must be a very rich man to be able to convince the police he slept though a shooting and major fight that even alerted the security guards yards away. Not suggesting anything like a sh.t load of wonga changed hands or anything like that. Perish the thought, we all know that rich men in Thailand sleep the utroubled sleep of honest men. Only ex prime ministers are likely to be running from their (alleged) crimes, a convicted biker would not dream of it.

Said already so many times here already.......you don't need a visa to go to Thailand Its given on arrival

I dont know why you watch the Oz TV border wars, because you obviously don't understand it---

People who have gone to Australia have been granted a visa (before they left--maybe for a holiday) ---then on arrival they may be questioned & found to be carrying no funds for the time they are spending there--obviously they were intending to work etc....so are sent back.

i understand it quite well. I understand there are circumstances where the people should be sent back, My point was there have been several episodes where the people completely described their past, got the E visa, traveled and then were refused. No facts or circumstances had changed. Now stop making assumptions about things that you know nothing about

Taking him into custody on the back of a motorbike with another cop sat behind him.

? An everyday ocurrence in Thailand
Well, I was commenting on the fact that this mode of operation was "the most bizarre thing you had seen in a while".: it is quite a common mode of transportation of the persons apprehended by the Polce in Thailand, and, although I do not live in Cambodia, I have visited that country a few times, I had the opportunity to witness the same "pattern".

I admit I would be somehow surprised to see that happening in Singapore but in Sr Lanka, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand ... It Is a common sight, which I definitely do not find bizarre given the fact that the officers want to make the arrest and bring the alleged culprit to their station ASAP

Really? It's common for the police to take a suspect to the station on a bike built for one but carrying two policemen

I've lived in Thailand 14 years and I've never seen the police do anything like that.

Your avatar is noticeable enough for me to remember reading some of your comments which I usually find sound but, really, your answers to my remark are empty.

I might even add that I don't understand the readers who "like" your reply as you are only stating that you have never witnessed that kind of arrests.

The fact that you have been living here for 14 years doesn't make your (non) account true: You have never seen it, so, it has never taken place ?

Mind you, would you have been living in Thailand for longer than that, you might have had the opportunity to, often, witness what you deem bizarre.

Maybe when it happens, you are not around ....but...still, it is a common sight, whether you doubt/like it or not.

Initially you pointed out that.....the case was in Cambodia, not in Thailand...meaning ? ...in Thailand maybe...in Cambodia no...or did I read between the lines.

This is definitely not a high profile case...at least for the Cambodians. As for the Thais, It is just another assassin ( non local on non local ) on the loose...

The guy ( big built or not ) didn't try a thing, apart from complaining about the pain caused by the cuffs. I mean, try to jump from a bike, handcuffed between two nervous cops, who wouldn't hesitate to shoot the alleged culprit. You will also notice there were plenty of other bobbies on wheels

Now, thinking that this is a silly way of transportation is another matter ( Personally I find it an efficacious mean )

Refuting ( or not accepting ) my statement ( which I reiterate, as I have seen it happen quite a number of times and I am not the only one ) does imply that I have lied but,having nothing to prove and having no interest in sterile exchanges, this will be my last response regarding this "non"matter...I do tell things as they are ( not as I "see" them )...so if one decides not to believe it, then...what can I say ???.. It is difficult for some of us to accept the truth, as trivial as it can be....even when one notices that they are wrong...

No offence meant, and, I am sure, none taken

Have a great night

An everyday ocurrence in Thailand

Really? It's common for the police to take a suspect to the station on a bike built for one but carrying two policemen

Your avatar is noticeable enough for me to remember reading some of your comments which I usually find sound but, really, your answers to my remark are empty.
I might even add that I don't understand the readers who "like" your reply as you are only stating that you have never witnessed that kind of arrests.
The fact that you have been living here for 14 years doesn't make your (non) account true: You have never seen it, so, it has never taken place ?
Mind you, would you have been living in Thailand for longer than that, you might have had the opportunity to, often, witness what you deem bizarre.
Maybe when it happens, you are not around ....but...still, it is a common sight, whether you doubt/like it or not.
Initially you pointed out that.....the case was in Cambodia, not in Thailand...meaning ? ...in Thailand maybe...in Cambodia no...or did I read between the lines.
This is definitely not a high profile case...at least for the Cambodians. As for the Thais, It is just another assassin ( non local on non local ) on the loose...
The guy ( big built or not ) didn't try a thing, apart from complaining about the pain caused by the cuffs. I mean, try to jump from a bike, handcuffed between two nervous cops, who wouldn't hesitate to shoot the alleged culprit. You will also notice there were plenty of other bobbies on wheels
Now, thinking that this is a silly way of transportation is another matter ( Personally I find it an efficacious mean )
Refuting ( or not accepting ) my statement ( which I reiterate, as I have seen it happen quite a number of times and I am not the only one ) does imply that I have lied but,having nothing to prove and having no interest in sterile exchanges, this will be my last response regarding this "non"matter...I do tell things as they are ( not as I "see" them )...so if one decides not to believe it, then...what can I say ???.. It is difficult for some of us to accept the truth, as trivial as it can be....even when one notices that they are wrong...
No offence meant, and, I am sure, none taken
Have a great night

Of course it's a matter of course; its the norm, they did not invent it for this guy. People have probably seen it and not realised what is going on. Its not obvious unless you happen to witness the whole sequence of nabbing perp, handcuffs, bike, bib pair, perp sandwich, etc.

@alyx

No offence taken.

No need to read between the lines either.

However my point remains that it was a bizarre and I would also add dangerous method to take in a prisoner, especially considering the size of at least two of those on the bike, and it is one I have never seen the police employ before.

Edited by Bluespunk

The holiday party is over man!!! If my buddy was straight jacked and MURDERED from his own house where I happened to be a guest in...I would not be all mai pen rai TIT and pop down to walking street for some tail. I would get the fak outta dodge too.

agree with you mate, but so many muppets in TV do not think like you and i. rolleyes.gif

Ya ya I am American so sorry but it's true 'bikie' on their little trikie because me likey likey sounds pretty damn gay or childish. My dad is a BIKER. HIs brother is a BIKER and member of the Sons Of Silence and had some weird murder rap (he got off of) that ostracized him from the family...I just can't imagine saying bikie to my uncle or dad without getting laughed at.

Yep ! most Yanks have inferiority complexes. whistling.gif