Can anyone recommend a quality building contractor in Ubon Ratchathani?

Ayemanomad

I have recently moved to Ubon Ratchathani and I am seeking a quality builder in the area to undertake an extension to a two bedroom detached house. The extension will briefly consist of extending the side of the house by two metres and the rear by three metres (ground and first floors). The creation of a first floor balcony leading to the new third ensuite bedroom and a carport to the front of the house.

I would appreciate it if anyone can recommend a quality contractor in the area who could undertake this work. I have attempted to find some online, however, none of them were able to help for a variety of reasons. A good architect would be useful also to draw up accurate plans. I could do the project management, so someone with an understanding of English would be a bonus, but not essential.

I would like to get the project underway as soon as possible.

Anyone that has some horror stories would also be welcome, so I know who to avoid dealing with.

Thank you, in anticipation of some useful contacts.

Best of luck. Most Thai builders I have seen are poor when it comes to getting things square or level and fail to think ahead

Sent from my Grand using Tapatalk

There are quality Thai builders too. My house was built by a farang builder. Thais still do the work and the contractor will tell you that if he shows up everyday they will quit. He may have 1 excellent man but as we all know 1 man cannot build a house alone.

I wish I had built with a Thai builder. My house would still have mistakes but it would have cost less.

I can't quite help with a quality building contractor, however there is a business ( Architect ) opening up next to mine very soon...maybe as soon as this week. The sign is already up and they're doing finishing touches. I have not met the owner / Architect yet, so can not comment on his English skills. The business is located diagonally across the airforce entrance on Uppalisan Rd.

I can't quite help with a quality building contractor, however there is a business ( Architect ) opening up next to mine very soon...maybe as soon as this week. The sign is already up and they're doing finishing touches. I have not met the owner / Architect yet, so can not comment on his English skills. The business is located diagonally across the airforce entrance on Uppalisan Rd.

I believe from the description its close to Pepper's Restaurant, Bakery and Cafe.

Morning

in Warin in here 15°11'55.30"N 104°51'46.31"E on right hand side of the road site and and very difficult to find parking place near his office. He have FLUENT English speaking architect

He build my house 16yrs ago already and just simple thing like elect cables ALL where placed inside the frame as normal.

They actually build houses and businesses all around from Ubon to Phibun, Amnat, Chong mek, Det Udom, Yaso

Owner, Khun Thanin, he is very good deco and he do understand English and him self do speak a little BUT he has his architect who is fluent in English.

look his FB page as they posting pictures for they projects and development's in there and they build houses for many western people as well.

https://www.facebook.com/Sthomedecor/

I do have also an additional Designer who is fluent in English and do building's and houses but he is 35km out form Ubon Town in A.Khunag Nai and work independently at this time as he do draws and special building's to temple what is going to be museum and building very modern additional housing part to primary school there as well. He have no FB or web page as he start his business about 6mths ago.

• 3 weeks later...
Best of luck. Most Thai builders I have seen are poor when it comes to getting things square or level and fail to think ahead

Sent from my Grand using Tapatalk

There are quality Thai builders too. My house was built by a farang builder. Thais still do the work and the contractor will tell you that if he shows up everyday they will quit. He may have 1 excellent man but as we all know 1 man cannot build a house alone.

I wish I had built with a Thai builder. My house would still have mistakes but it would have cost less.[/

Foreigner companies are usually more incompetent/corrupt than Thai companies as they know the loops & exploit them more. I live Ubon & still dealing with repairs 1 year after. Just need meet or get referred by nice houses or big companies, but stay away from small (outside stores) companies. And if they say they did many jobs in Pattaya or Phuket with either no pictures or pictures that could've easily been screen grabs or don't have photography file names, walk away.

The guy who built my house is based in Kantaralak area but also builds in Ubon. Whether he would do a relatively small job there though I dunno - probably yes if he has other work ongoing there at the mo. He's good (does commercial as well as housing and is good on finishing details) and he does his own full technical drawings for you (loves his CAD), but speaks no English. PM me if you want me to ask him.