Somersby Cider

ricklev

The cider I am used to from at home is about 6-7 % alcohol and no sugar in it...you ferment the sugar till it is alcohol and not add sugar or stop fermentation.

You use rather sour apples and may add pear. Sour but very refreshing in summer with Soda water.

A sweet cider is very strange to me......

• 1 month later...

Bought my Wife a bottle of that the other week in Big C

Very small bottle and disgustingly sweet. 4.5% but tasted dreadful.

Typical sweet Thai crap.

I can't believe that you UK version tastes anything like that.

as the self appionted cider waller of TV,what they are selling here is geared up for the thai market,sweet,sweet its got to be made with concentrated apple syrup.

reading the reviews on it i cant beleive this is the same crap that is being sold in euro uk.ect. and only 4.5% its more of a sweet wine,as its distributed by

siam winery.

its nowhere near as good as red bulls MOOSE.and both being a far far distance from kepplers and thatchers [uk]

Bought my Wife a bottle of that the other week in Big C

Very small bottle and disgustingly sweet. 4.5% but tasted dreadful.

Typical sweet Thai crap.

I can't believe that you UK version tastes anything like that.

as the self appionted cider waller of TV,what they are selling here is geared up for the thai market,sweet,sweet its got to be made with concentrated apple syrup.

reading the reviews on it i cant beleive this is the same crap that is being sold in euro uk.ect. and only 4.5% its more of a sweet wine,as its distributed by

siam winery.

its nowhere near as good as red bulls MOOSE.and both being a far far distance from kepplers and thatchers [uk]

SOLVED last evening having some ham sandwiches and pickle onions,and a few bottle's of somersby al of a sudden the sweetness had gone so something a bit sharp and sour.

GOT IT,burp.gif just tested and found a rearly refreshing drink i added some lime juice.

hope the boy's back home are not reading this.

• 5 months later...

Anyone tried Brothers (Somerset Cider) Toffee Apple flavour. Going a bomb here in Nakhon Sawan, I saw that the Robin Hood had it on draught but didn't have time to go in and try one.

I just found a new cider at Friendship imported from the UK selling at 95 baht for 500 ml. From Molts Brewery, Wiltshire. I'm looking forward to try it. Not a bad price as an import.

From the label: A natural dry draught cider with a crisp apple bite. Made with the finest cider apples resulting in a smooth apple flavour with a soft sparkle.

2016_07_21_19_58_11.jpg

For what it's worth, I find the Magners Pear Cider to be very good. Don't know what the shop price is but a local bar does 500 ml for 200 baht. So not something I expect to be on all night but OK for a sinker now and then.