Trendy Condo Redux

Stupid Name aside, the Trendy is at a good location on Sukhumvit Soi 13 and has some well heeled investors. I am worried about the number of elevators. There are 2 elevators serving only the upper floors 12-31 and then a service elevator and a regular elevator that stop on floors 1-31.

For floors 1-12 there are only the regluar elevator and service elevator (mentioned above) that stop at every floor and two glass "arcade elvators.

The floor space is about 9,000 square feet per floor for the upper floors. Any elevator experts out there? Does this sound like the elevators will be very slow?

Any other problems people are aware. I can deal with a stupid name more than slow elevators.

A poster in another thread declared that he'd move from Thialand to Vietnam only if cable TV was available in Vietnam. I guess moving to a condo because the elevators are faster than in another building is almost at the same level. But, I'm no elevator expert.

Thanks for the feedback, backflip.

You may be right. It could be that the speed and number of the elevators is not so important.

However, if I was buying into the residential section I would be less concerned. This is for an office condo and super slow elevators might be a drag on the business. Also, it is a matter of degree. A little slow is okay, but waiting over 5-10 minutes for an elevator would be a negative factor.

Dr.Joe, I would expect the elevator quality to match the quality of the complex itself -- probably pretty horrendous.

Speaking of the office complex, I just love the Trendy office advertisement on the freeway with a guy in a business suit holding a baby... <deleted>?!

Dr.Joe, I would expect the elevator quality to match the quality of the complex itself -- probably pretty horrendous.

Speaking of the office complex, I just love the Trendy office advertisement on the freeway with a guy in a business suit holding a baby... <deleted>?!

Trendy parents!!! :o

The billboard is so ugly I agree. However, the Thai language explains the picture of the man and child, they are promoting office ownerhsip to small business operators. It says something like "for your children, posterity, inheritance, etc."

If it was not an opportunity to buy an office, I would not be interested in trendy. I can rent a much more beautiful office. So, if it has a few warts, I am not comparing it to beautiful new residential condos. I am comparing it to renting, which seems like throwing money into a black hole. At least Trendy, you get some equity in a homely building with a good location.