Can I get a Residence Certificate from Hua Hin Immigration office holding a Non-Immigrant “O” VISA?

1. Will the Immigration Office (Hua Hin) issue a Residence Certificate when I am holding a current Non-Immigrant “O” VISA?

2. Is a Rental Agreement (from my landlord) in English accepted or do I have to have it translated to Thai?

Thanks in advance

Yes, you can get one with an O visa.

I'm not sure on the rental agreement but I normally take an electric bill and in the past that was all I needed. This was in Hua Hin but it was some time ago, about a year ago.

I've read posts on this forum about big changes in the procedure for these 'certificates of residence' recently, I'm not sure if this applies to Hua Hin though.

I'm following this with interest as I may be moving back to Hua Hin and will need to renew my drivers licences (car & motosai) next year. If the electricity is in the landlord's name (as it was last time I rented), do you think another bill like True (internet and mobile phone) would suffice?

Thanks "UK Rules" for your fast response,

And thank you for confirming I can get a Residence Certificate on a Non-Immigrant “O” VISA (I was afraid I needed a Non-Immigrant "O-A" VISA.)

The electric bill is in the Owners name (non-Thai) so will it work?

... perhaps combined with the Rental Agreement in English?

I am aware there have been major changes for in the procedures in the Immigration office, that is why I was asking the forum?

Thanks "UK Rules" for your fast response,

And thank you for confirming I can get a Residence Certificate on a Non-Immigrant “O” VISA (I was afraid I needed a Non-Immigrant "O-A" VISA.)

The electric bill is in the Owners name (non-Thai) so will it work?

... perhaps combined with the Rental Agreement in English?

I am aware there have been major changes for in the procedures in the Immigration office, that is why I was asking the forum?

The electric bill I used was also in the name of the landlord who I rent the house from and this was good enough a year ago when I got my certificate for renewing my drivers license. They did phone her up at one point to clarify something, I'm not sure what as it was all in Thai.

I would suggest taking a Thai speaker with you as it definitely smooths things over.

As for a non Thai landlord then I have no idea, I would just make sure whoever you're renting from has filled out the appropriate immigration paperwork reporting your residence and maybe there will be no problems as you should already be in their system.

I am not familiar with Hua Hin immigration but many offices will not provided residence certificates unless the applicant has a 12 month extension of stay and their address is registered with the office.

I got my first two certificates of residence from Hua Hin immigration a few years back when I was on a 90 day Ed visa. One was for opening a bank account and the other one for the drivers license.

Edited by ukrules

I am not familiar with Hua Hin immigration but many offices will not provided residence certificates unless the applicant has a 12 month extension of stay and their address is registered with the office.

I got my first two certificates of residence from Hua Hin immigration a few years back when I was on a 90 day Ed visa. One was for opening a bank account and the other one for the drivers license.

How many years back ?

Requirements tend to change over the years.

How many years back ?

Requirements tend to change over the years.

It would have been summer 2013, I think. That's when I bought my car anyway.

Edited by ukrules

I got a res cert from HH IMO early 2015; easy, just asked for it, but that was before they stopped charging B500 for them.

Now living in Khon Kaen , and needing a driv lisc renewal I went to that IMO and asked for a res cert. But, they didn't give me one.

BTW, for a drivers lic in KK: They seemed to use another procedure. I had to go to the Lisc bureau and present credentials, receive a form (without numbers that I can remember) and return to the IMO where they certified the new document with a stamped picture of me. Then, I had to return to the DL bureau where they processed me as normal.

The whole process was not difficult, just different and more running around the town.

Edited by MiclB