Mae Rim Post Office

luther

Four or five people sent my wife "get well" cards. None arrived. I applied for a new password from my bank. It never came. A relative sent an old batch of recipes. Never got them. We do recieve some mail, but the amount of stuff gone missing is alarming. My landlord complains that many of her bills arrive the day they are due and have obviously been held up. I'm wondering if other people out there are having similar problems with this particular post office. In general the Thai Post has been excellent in the 20 + years we have lived in the country.

ordered a book thru amazon and after 4-5 months of not receiving it, wrote to amazon and they sent me another replacement book that i received in only a few days, only to find the first book sitting in an opened box in wait wait wait . . . you guessed it. the MAE RIM post office.

- jf

So we can add Mae Rim Post Office to the list which currently contains Hang Dong Post Office for failure to deliver numerous items. As reported elsewhere, sadly, and frustratingly, I have also had many items undelivered over the past three years or so......normally, the ones that look boring "plain brown envelopes" etc arrive, but anything out of the ordinary, eg bigger envelopes, birthday cards etc NEVER arrive.

I know for a fact that at least fifteen items posted by family members to me over the past three years or so have never reached my home.

Is it incompetence, bad organisation, or theft? Maybe a combination of all three. I have now advised my senders not to send anything here and keep it until my next UK visit, and we communicate at birthday and christmas via Facebook!

Hang Dong area used to be almost perfect on deliveries to us for many years up until about four months ago. Suddenly that has changed and now we have mail going missing regularly or turning up three weeks after being posted...even from Hang Dong ! Even bills are not being delivered and we have been to Hang Dong Post Office to complain but it has little or no effect. Something seems to have gone badly wrong, but where ?

Maerim Post Office is always an adventure.

Several times now, parcels that I have been expecting have failed to show up.

I always go there and make them look in the back for them. They always deny that they have them .. ALWAYS!

But after I refuse to leave and keep asking them to check again, they tend to discover them and hand them over with a look of amazement.

I never order anything that does not have a tracking number. That would be just silly.

The bank password was the thing that tipped the scales for me, as the bank could somehow trace it and establish that it had made it to the Mae Rim Post office. I asked the bank to send it to me again and they did. It arrived three days later. The first has never arrived.

I’ve had to go retrieve small parcels there and pay duty. You can sometimes watch workers sort the packages, I guess into different routes. They do this by tossing them across the room into piles on the floor. It’s not horrible, but it’s sloppy.

My Thai landlord is considering making some kind of complaint. I will probably just go the route of telling everyone not to send anything here.

I’ve also had problems sending stuff from there to friends within Thailand. Cards or documents arrive anywhere from 2 days to 3 weeks.

My biggest smile was when I ordered a small item in April 2013 from Ebay.

My friendly postie from Maerim delivered it to my mailbox in July 2015. It took me ages to remember what and why this item appeared out of the blue.

Better late than never I suppose.