Criminal checks on sicko teachers in Thailand

,snip.The only ones I know for sure are the United States and Canada, for Immigration when crossing the Border, but even then if your Criminal Record has been Pardoned, before your first entry, it will not show up. I also don't think the Local Police have access to this information and only the Border Patrol.,snip end

Sorry, no idea about the laws in the States, or Canada. Just an example of my own that scared me a while ago. When I was seventeen, cops found a joint in my car. Until now I don't even know if somebody of my friends had dropped it, or if that happened when my older brother had my car.

However, I never ever heard of it again until 23 years later. I came back from a party, in a nearby village was a "wine fest" and I was stopped by the cops. They had no more mouthpieces for their breathalyzer and I had to jump into the copper car and was driven to the local police station in a small village in Germany.

The one cop typed my ID number into the computer and was asking me all in a sudden if I'd have any drugs on me. I denied, emptied my pockets and asked the cop, why he's asking me such a question. (I could have easily dumped it somewhere on the way to the cops)

There's a special program only the CID is able to use, but these “ordinary street cops” cops had access to this database. My criminal check at the same time was and still is clean, but a joint that wasn't even mine is still following me now?

"Don't they do criminal checks on farang applying for jobs at schools in Thailand? When you applied for a teaching job did they do a criminal check on you?"

You just want checks on Western caucasians ? STOP using the word "farang" to mean foreigners - it does not.

If it doesn't mean foreigner, what does "farang" mean?

It's a terrible insult.... it means Frenchman! tongue.png

To those who doubt the validity of teachers (non-Thai) being given less salary than the amount a school can claim as a monthly salary i would suggest that these doubting Thomases visit a school (State or private) and ask teachers for a salary slip or any document outlining payments and deductions and I would be surprised if many could confirm receiving such official documents

In my province English programmes are sold to parents claiming that the teacher is a native speaker and then they find out the teacher is from France,Ukraine,Russia or Cameroon

Anyone tell me which of these countries have native English speakers

"Don't they do criminal checks on farang applying for jobs at schools in Thailand? When you applied for a teaching job did they do a criminal check on you?"

You just want checks on Western caucasians ? STOP using the word "farang" to mean foreigners - it does not.

If it doesn't mean foreigner, what does "farang" mean?

It's a terrible insult.... it means Frenchman! tongue.png

OMG that's DISGUSTING.bah.gifclap2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Our FingerPrint Clearances in Arizona are updated every 24 hours. An arrest can follow you for years, and if you were taken to the station and fingerprinted, count on it, even if the charges were dropped. We also had to give the individual school distrucs permission to check our credit scores.

• 3 weeks later...

To those who doubt the validity of teachers (non-Thai) being given less salary than the amount a school can claim as a monthly salary i would suggest that these doubting Thomases visit a school (State or private) and ask teachers for a salary slip or any document outlining payments and deductions and I would be surprised if many could confirm receiving such official documents

In my province English programmes are sold to parents claiming that the teacher is a native speaker and then they find out the teacher is from France,Ukraine,Russia or Cameroon

Anyone tell me which of these countries have native English speakers

The answer is Cameroon, which has up to 2 million English speakers, but I'm sure you knew that really......