Man taken into custody over his FB post on Rajabhakti Park scandal

webfact

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see the junta getting less heavy handed - they appear to be turning the screw............and as things get progressively more out of hand one suspects this is the usual reaction of this kind of government.

It surprises me that the authorities seem unaware of how this sort of action will reflect in thw eyes of th international community........it certainly won't inspire confidence in most of their trading partners......

There was an item on the BBC News channel half an hour ago, about freedom of speech / censorship in China, Malaysia and Thailand. They made specific reference to the law in question and the increasing length of sentences being imposed. The world is taking more notice...

I wonder how safe we are posting on here? it is getting that bad sad.png

Don't post if you don't feel safe.. And I agree the Junta in this case is going overboard. Especially staging a protests against the students and using that as an excuse.

Its quite bad at the moment, they should just put the guilty on trial and be done with it. That is the only way to prove they are against corruption.

How can posting information about corruption be called Lese Majeste???

because he did not bike enough first for mom and now for dad........!

And he is suspected of not singing the National Anthem at 18:00 every day, and he is unhappy too....which is totally unacceptable with the new "happiness" policy of the Govt.

You are NOT safe. Anything posted is subject to interpretation. That includes "liking" posts which express attitudes deemed illegal.

I wonder how safe we are posting on here? it is getting that bad sad.png

here no problem, they dont take risk, they read all our post and make the censure before others can see it....!

I can only wish that thousands of Thai's at the same time could band together and post something "like"

something on Facebook that supposedly would be committing LM. It will take the government by surprise and they could in reality do nothing about it and then it could spread internationally and it could possibly be the downfall of this regime and

anyone who comes after them knowing that at the minimum the law needs reform and really should be completely abolished from the constitution entirely along with reforming all defamation laws here as well.

Aren't we over-reacting just a tiny little bit?

The posting of information violated the computer crime act.
He pushed the like button on a picture deemed anti monarch. That gave him the second charge of LM. At 27, he most likely did not know he was committing a crime. Another life destroyed over a Facebook post. They need a committee to hold free seminars to make sure very young people and old people understand clearly these 2 laws , as I suspect most of the convicted had no clue they were committing a crime.

That is complete rubbish.

What these clowns in charge need is hundreds and thousands of citizens pushing the like button on FB.

They can't lock up the whole country.

The more people cower and submit to these arrogant demigods the more they will gain confidence.

This is how the nazis got into power.

Time for people to stand up.

In 1940 Charlie Chaplin made a very funny movie about a soldier who accidentally becomes a Great Dictator whose speciality is a certain style of public speaking. This of course relates to Nazi Germany and bears absolutely no resemblance to events in Thailand in 2014/5 so it is definitely not worth viewing and having a quiet smile at.

And definitely don't view Chaplin's final speech.

Edited by tuanku

The "infographic" is misleading, Thai authorities don't dress like that anymore. Maybe oK to report if taxpayers' money is waisted, "corruption" means this was done by intent. If this was true, the whole planning staff of Berlin Brandenburg Airport would be behind bars, eg.

Using lese majeste as a charge? That not only shows the level of desperation, but also reveals what a sham the use of that law is to begin with. The little man appears to be losing it. May I suggest he get back on his meds again? It was a really bad idea to stop taking them.

What, corruption in my administration? I told you I would do something about that. It is fixed. I perform magic. How dare you question me? I am Prayuth the Great. I am the ultimate leader. I myself am the miracle. I am the man. You don't question the man!

Edited by spidermike007

So it seems that the junta is following the navy's example of going after the little guy and leaving the big players alone.

There's a nice piece on Wikipedia relating to this park and possible corruption, it has names and numbers, but like I said the junta wont touch the big players but if your alone then your fair game..............

This issue is getting bigger by the day and it could well spell the beginning of the end for the junta.

Now where oh where are the few on TVF who love to crow the "good people" running the country and how they have done so much and mass progress has been all the doing of said "good people" where are ya guy's getting real hard to keep spinning this stuff huhwhistling.gif

Mr Zuckerberg's servers in the US must be working overtime due to all those searches on the bloke's profile on Facebook.

I assume that the fellow's FB-page must get 100'00s of hits now because EVERYBODY wants to see what the authorities are talking about

That's a fair question. Lets hope you are not arrested for asking it.

If the post was "nonsense", as it was described by the General, then why both mentioning it?

Strategically, nonsense should be ignored, or else one is left thinking it may be more than "nonsense".

That's a fair question. Lets hope you are not arrested for asking it.

If the post was "nonsense", as it was described by the General, then why both mentioning it?

Strategically, nonsense should be ignored, or else one is left thinking it may be more than "nonsense".

The little general's overreaction solidifies any doubt about the issue. If he thought with his brain instead of his face, he would have welcomed the independent investigation with demonstrable transparency like the democracy he touts at the end of his road map. Unless, of course, the issue cannot stand the light of day as an overreaction suggests.

So it seems that the junta is following the navy's example of going after the little guy and leaving the big players alone.

There's a nice piece on Wikipedia relating to this park and possible corruption, it has names and numbers, but like I said the junta wont touch the big players but if your alone then your fair game..............

This issue is getting bigger by the day and it could well spell the beginning of the end for the junta.

Now where oh where are the few on TVF who love to crow the "good people" running the country and how they have done so much and mass progress has been all the doing of said "good people" where are ya guy's getting real hard to keep spinning this stuff huhwhistling.gif

. . . . and who is going to 'end' it? Another autocrat dressed in a democratic election?

"We are not banning their activities, but we must emphasise that before they engage in any activity, they should first understand the social context," Thammasat rector Somkid Lertpaithoon said yesterday.

That context: No freedom.

Clearly a typo or lost in translation, should have said,

"...they should first understand the junta context..."