? Can 800k Be In A Pound Or $ Account

Ok so now it seems i now need to make sure 800k is in one of my accounts for 3 months before applying for my next visa extension - im on 3rd retiremtn one now no problems next not due for 6 months - so before i used to transfer around 1 million just before renewal and draw on it over year to live on sometimes putting excess into a Thai mutual fund account sometimes in a Thai fixed interest term bond ( about 4-5%) - no problems at all just sold mutual fund when i needed dosh or waited for interest bond to mature

?? so whats my options now ???

I like my money to work or try to work either put into mutuals or bigger fixed interest than pathetic interest you get on normal savings account

Ok so now it seems i now need to make sure 800k is in one of my accounts for 3 months before applying for my next visa extension - im on 3rd retiremtn one now no problems next not due for 6 months - so before i used to transfer around 1 million just before renewal and draw on it over year to live on sometimes putting excess into a Thai mutual fund account sometimes in a Thai fixed interest term bond ( about 4-5%) - no problems at all just sold mutual fund when i needed dosh or waited for interest bond to mature

I like my money to work or try to work either put into mutuals or bigger fixed interest than pathetic interest you get on normal savings account

no answers so noone knows ??? what about sunbelt they always seem to have something to say :o

no answers so noone knows ??? what about sunbelt they always seem to have something to say :o

number6

The time on your posts is around midnight and if you are waiting for Sunbelt to reply it is only 09:17 and they probably have only just got into work.

number6

The time on your posts is around midnight and if you are waiting for Sunbelt to reply it is only 09:17 and they probably have only just got into work.

They have to sleep at night too.

I am also interested in this question and was about to post a similar one myself.

Come on retired people - you must have lots of time on your hands :-) Anyone able to offer some advise here? Lets not wait so Sunbelt to give all the responses.

Many Thanks

My relative just got his first retirement visa 2 weeks ago, The current account he used was a USD Dollar account from Bangkok Bank, They did ask him ' do you have a Thai baht account' and he said yes and showed then his book with about 500 baht in it. , Then his joke to them was 'Have you seen the exchange rate lately" She smiled and said ok, wait till your number is called. this was at Silom soi 3 immigration office.

Strap

800,000.- baht is 21,325.- dollars or 11,481.- pounds.

now 11481 pounds is 21 320 dollars.

so can you deposit the five dollars difference in my bank account by any chance...

(if 40,000 tv.com members do this, I can maybe put in me own 800K)

800,000.- baht is 21,325.- dollars or 11,481.- pounds.

now 11481 pounds is 21 320 dollars.

so can you deposit the five dollars difference in my bank account by any chance...

(if 40,000 tv.com members do this, I can maybe put in me own 800K)

Being a little greedy, arent you :o

Surely you would be home dry if just 4,000 people put 5 dollars into your account. By the way you forgot to give us your account number.

Sophon

Dont forget though that you will need 800000 baht in your account when you apply. AND it must be in 3 mths before so you have to put more in 3mths before to live off it if that is what you do. 25% increase easy in amount needed as I believe you cannot top it up in the 3mths?

I am also interested in this question and was about to post a similar one myself.

Come on retired people - you must have lots of time on your hands :-) Anyone able to offer some advise here? Lets not wait so Sunbelt to give all the responses.

Many Thanks

It should be obvious to all that at this time that nobody can give definitive answers to such questions.

We are in moving target territory, and will probably be so for a while yet... :o

On another thread - dont recall which one exactly - a guy used a foreign currency account for the 800k - all he did was get a letter from the bank stating what the value was in thai baht and that was satisfactory for immigration - i beleive that so long as the money is in thailand then there is no stipulation on the currency

i guess it could even be in gold - that would open a few eyes in immigration if you pulled out a few gold bars - you'd also find out who the honest people were...