• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 0

Survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki Awarded Nobel Peace Prize for Nuclear Disarmament

2. 0

Controversy Surrounds Guardian Review of Oct 7 Documentary on Hamas Massacre

3. 0

Unlikely Justice for Victims of Novichok Poisoning, Says Former PM Theresa May

4. 0

The Growing Influence of the US Far Right on Ireland's Extremist Movements

5. 0

Boris Johnson Hints at Potential Return to Front-Line Politics

6. 0

Pro-Palestinian ‘mob-rule tactics’ Force Postponement of Braverman’s Cambridge Speech

7. 0

Taylor Swift Donates $5 Million to Hurricane Relief Efforts

8. 0

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

9. 0

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

10. 0

German Politician Calls for Ban on Greta Thunberg Over Pro-Palestinian Protest Involvement

11. 0

U.S. Seeks to Weaken Hezbollah’s Grip on Lebanon Amid Israeli Offensive

12. 0

YouTuber and BBC Star Yung Filly Arrested in Australia Over Alleged Hotel Rape

13. 4

Thailand Live Saturday 12 October 2024

Phuket tuk-tuk driver returns Brit's cash-stuffed wallet

webfact

Phuket tuk-tuk driver returns Brit's cash-stuffed wallet
Phuket Gazette

br.jpeg
Tuk-tuk driver Nimit Weladee returned the wallet containing more than 10,000 baht. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- The driver of one of the infamous Patong tuk-tuks returned a wallet containing more than 10,000 baht cash to a British tourist in Phuket’s primary party town on Wednesday.

Nimit Weladee, 44, discovered the cashed stuffed wallet in the middle of Thaweewong Road.

“I picked up the wallet and checked it. There was more than 10,000 baht cash and other important cards inside, so I took it to Patong Police Station,” wrote Mr Nimit on Facebook.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-tuktuk-driver-returns-Brits-cashstuffed-wallet/62586?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-12-11

So only a few hundred million to get back from these thieving maggots...

If I ever find your wallet; I'm going to Nana and Cowboy. Spend all on Beer and Hookers. I will send back your wallet with a nice thank you note,

signed, Thieving Maggots. Please drop wallet near Soi 4 or Soi 21; so that I don't have to walk far. I like to save all my energy for drinking and on the nice girls. Thanks for sharing your positive comments with us !

Yet another of these 'good taxi driver' stories.

"Yet another" suggests an element of exasperation, don't you like reading positive reports about Thailand?

Some just hate reading anything good about Thailand, and refuse to accept good and bad is all over the world... To many bitter farang here, it makes me laugh..

cheesy.gif

"Hey, governor, we have been having a lot of bad publicity really. We need some positive news stories."

"Use the taxi driver finds money in bag and hands it in, stupid. We have been using this for 6 decades. Why you think too much. You stupid. Find a couple of willing punters and call the Gazette, stupid!"

Took a chance handing it in to the police station.

Knowing Thai's as I do, most would try to find the person first rather than do that.

I'm certainly not questioning he's a good guy, but more trusting of the police than your average Thai.

So only a few hundred million to get back from these thieving maggots...

If I ever find your wallet; I'm going to Nana and Cowboy. Spend all on Beer and Hookers. I will send back your wallet with a nice thank you note,

signed, Thieving Maggots. Please drop wallet near Soi 4 or Soi 21; so that I don't have to walk far. I like to save all my energy for drinking and on the nice girls. Thanks for sharing your positive comments with us !

Im am sure you would along with 99% of your Tuk Tuk friends.!!

Edited by Sharp

good to see there are still some honest people around and the brit seems quite happy with the result.

You mean the anonymous un-named brit who the police declined to name,the same police who happily give out rape victims names to the international media.Sorry,not buying it.

Yet another of these 'good taxi driver' stories.

"Yet another" suggests an element of exasperation, don't you like reading positive reports about Thailand?

Not exasperation - more seems like someone (AKA the tourist board) is pushing these 'good news' stories.

It has happened to me. Brief case with a laptop. I crossed a busy road and was gone. The driver went to a big effort to chase me down and return it.

Just sayin' . It can happen.